Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY bold prediction.

Default Re: MY bold prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    ironman had a midnight release on thursday nationwide
    ┐really? here was released wednesday, didn't know we had it before the U.S LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Wow.. I didn't even think about half of those movies that were coming out. I knew I had wanted to see Ironman, Speed Racer, and Prince Caspian. I guess in the back of my mind Wall-E as well. Batman.. I dunno.. seems like its getting a lil old for some reason. I didn't even know about Indiana Jones, Hellboy or The Incredible Hulk. Did I see somewhere that Shia is playing in Indiana Jones, or is that someone else? That'd be kind of odd to have him in there. Unless Hellboy or Incredible Hulk is a part 2 with the original main cast of characters, I won't be seeing them. And there is no friggin way I'm gonna go see Sex in the City. Or and the city or with the city or whatever their having sex with. Especially if that Sarah Jessica Parker is in it. I think she is one of the ugliest persons alive. I dunno who thinks she's hot, but I know I definitely don't think so.
    Yes, Shia is in Indy 4.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Yes, Shia is in Indy 4.
    Ahh.. ok.. I was gonna say.. I passed by a Dr Pepper 2 liter bottle at the store and saw what I thought was Shia, but couldn't tell if that was actually him or not. Still I think thats pretty odd that he's in there after just doing Transformers and making a 2nd one. I was watching I-Robot over the weekend, and totally forgot he was in that movie as well. That kid is getting popular for a lil runt.

ironman 200 world wide
    Where'd the 200 mil come from? Thought you said it was 100 mil adding up all the countries you posted.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Ahh.. ok.. I was gonna say.. I passed by a Dr Pepper 2 liter bottle at the store and saw what I thought was Shia, but couldn't tell if that was actually him or not. Still I think thats pretty odd that he's in there after just doing Transformers and making a 2nd one. I was watching I-Robot over the weekend, and totally forgot he was in that movie as well. That kid is getting popular for a lil runt.

Where'd the 200 mil come from? Thought you said it was 100 mil adding up all the countries you posted.
    ok slow down smoke. it's not in that post but go to www.boxofficemojo.com

doubt it

Banned

ok slow down smoke. it's not in that post but go to www.boxofficemojo.com
    Slow down? Hmm.. Ya make it sound like I'm trying to be antagonizing or what not.. anywhos.. I see where you got your data.. and yeah.. Iron Man made on the Opening Weekend: $98,618,668, and whereas Transformers made on the Opening Weekend: $70,502,384 so it looks like Iron Man is starting off strong.. but question is.. will it continue on to be strong? I also saw that they are making an Iron Man 2 that comes out 4/30/2010. Interesting stuff to know. I was going to see the movie this last weekend.. but didn't get to. Perhaps soon though. I doubt it'll break the DVD sales record by Transformers.. The very night it came out people were lined up all over the place at Walmart. I'd never seen the entertainment department so busy.. Thats including Black Thursday where you'd think there would be more people at THAT time. I don't know if the DVD sales record has been broken since Transformers came out.. but I really don't see Iron Man being as big. Of course most any action type movie is gonna sell out more than the next.. so most likely Transformers 2 will beat out any record Iron Man makes.. and then Iron Man 2, MIGHT break Transformers 2 record. Only time will tell.. But all in all.. I'm still not sure if they'll beat Transformers Box Office Record. From July 3, 2007 to November 8, 2007, Transformers Worldwide made $707,675,744 and so far from May 2, 2008, Iron Man has made worldwide $207,331,984. It's anybodies guess at this point.

It is possible that Iron Man can outdo Transformers

If people are saying that Iron Man is the this year's Spider-Man, then yes it will out perform Transformers.

These are 2 different, yet similiar pieces.

Both have amazing CG VFX however Iron Man is more character driven whereas Transformers is more visual and FX driven.

Iron Man kept you entertained with the characters and the story. Transformers, to be completely honest, kept you entertained with anticipation of when the next scene an Autobot or Decepticon will show up next.

I love Transformers, its one of my all time favorite movies and watch it 9 times on the big silver screen but there were really times when I was just waiting before the next battle sequence. Whereas when I was watching Iron Man, I was totally more interested in Tony Stark becoming Iron Man. I really didn't care much for Iron Man vs Iron Monger. Jon Favreau basically took Spider-Man's successful formula and applied it to a different character.

let me fix that for you

1. batman
    2. narnia
    3. ironman
    4. wall-e
    5 indian jones
    6. hulk
    7. hellboy

i am not sure there are enough pussy whipped men in this world that will give sex in the city legs
    Raven like i said speed racer won't even register on the top ten of summer movies. wait till you see the friday estimates they are horrible

shia was also in constantine to
    "Call me a traitor...I'm just collecting your victims..." Paramore Monster

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    shia was also in constantine to
    As well as I-Robot and Holes (cough)

Last edited by The Great; 05-11-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Banned

Price of gasoline during spring of 2007 = $2.47
    Price of gasoline during spring of 2008 = $3.47

I'm guessing it will most likely beat it because prices for everything are going up. Just as Transformers 2 will beat out Ironman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkicky View Post
    My opinion: Special effect get better and better every time, each movie outdoes the other...... Will Iron man outdo the effects of Transformers? Perhaps.. But I bet Transformers 2 will way surpass Iron man in a year again.. Im not worried.
    As for storyline, we all know the story in Tranformers, it's not a 'Memento' kinda film where you get hints and plots, it's a Die Hard Action Flick, and a great job done at that.
    You make a good point. 'Cuz the goal of just about every movie that involves CG as much as these do is bound to try and outdo one another. Plus, one must take into account that the 2nd TF movie is going to try and look better than the first. One just has to hope that nothing else in the movie suffers because prettier graphics were needed.

Then again, just how much of a plot do you need when giant robots are involved?!?! I saw Iron Man and I found it to be an enjoyable film. Very funny, awesome graphics, and amazing scenes, but personally I wouldn't say it outdid Transformers. It slowed down at times, but it was an overall great movie. Heh, label me a Die Hard Action Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkicky View Post
    So as for predictions, I wouldn't call it that 'Bold'
    lol, Seconded.
    "You grammar suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Neurquadic View Post
    You make a good point. 'Cuz the goal of just about every movie that involves CG as much as these do is bound to try and outdo one another. Plus, one must take into account that the 2nd TF movie is going to try and look better than the first. One just has to hope that nothing else in the movie suffers because prettier graphics were needed.

Then again, just how much of a plot do you need when giant robots are involved?!?! I saw Iron Man and I found it to be an enjoyable film. Very funny, awesome graphics, and amazing scenes, but personally I wouldn't say it outdid Transformers. It slowed down at times, but it was an overall great movie. Heh, label me a Die Hard Action Fan.

lol, Seconded.
    I still think I'm pretty close, although the INDY and Iron Man might need to be switched. I've already locked in though and I'm not going to change it.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**