View Poll Results: What is the Worst Michael Bay Film?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad Boys

2 6.06%
  • The Rock

1 3.03%
  • Armageddon

3 9.09%
  • Pearl Harbor

15 45.45%
  • Bad Boys 2

4 12.12%
  • The Island

5 15.15%
  • Transformers

3 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the Worst Michael Bay Film

Default Re: What is the Worst Michael Bay Film

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Superfreak View Post
    sorry Ms. Bee, i sometimes feel my sarcasm is obvious when, in fact, it isn't. I was telling Goodspeed <who has since edited his post>, who seems to think the love triangle was somehow...neccesary to the film... that one of the greatest war films of all time, that being Saving Pvt. Ryan, had NO love story to speak of, and easily accomplishes things that Bay's travesty of a film, Pearl Harbor, would NEVER of gotten even CLOSE to achieveing. Did i clear it up or make it worse?

LOL. WOW, that must mean that EVERY single one of us has to LOVE ALL of his films........or there's no point for us to be on a board discussing his films? I'm sorry, but it's fair to say this board is evenly divided between those that abhor Pearl Harbor <rightfully so> and those that mistakenly throw the word "masterpiece!" around when refering to PH. Honestly, i can't even say evenly divided, i feel the majority of posters here, as far as i can tell, dislike PH. Regardless, i wouldn't ever tell someone to go die because their opinion differs from mine.
    Ahhhhhh.......now I gotcha.

Thanks for explainin' there CS.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodspeed View Post
    well then you clearly have no sense of plot and storyline... the world is not all about explosions and violence.
    maybe not, but I do have a sence of being bored out of my fucking mind.

and by the way, I watch more than just action movies. and going back to explosions, I have a problem with most of them in movies. To name one off the top of my head, the trolley car explosion in The Rock.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    maybe not, but I do have a sence of being bored out of my fucking mind.
    alright its all good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    You're just jealous, mr. under-1,000 posts.

Ha ha ha.. umm.. I don't really even look at it..

sorry Ms. Bee, i sometimes feel my sarcasm is obvious when, in fact, it isn't. I was telling Goodspeed <who has since edited his post>, who seems to think the love triangle was somehow...neccesary to the film...

LOL. WOW, that must mean that EVERY single one of us has to LOVE ALL of his films........or there's no point for us to be on a board discussing his films? I'm sorry, but it's fair to say this board is evenly divided between those that abhor Pearl Harbor <rightfully so> and those that mistakenly throw the word "masterpiece!" around when refering to PH. Honestly, i can't even say evenly divided, i feel the majority of posters here, as far as i can tell, dislike PH. Regardless, i wouldn't ever tell someone to go die because their opinion differs from mine.
    Actually.. I was the one who first initiated the ordeal about the love triangle helping it along as a movie. In MY opinion.. it gave a bit of a story to the movie besides all bang bang shoot em up Japs are coming duck and cover lets go bomb those bastards back. I liked Pearl Harbor alot.. say what you want.. I don't care.. I never cared for Saving Private Ryan. Yes I've seen it, and I know SOME people like it alot.. but myself.. I didn't. Agree to disagree with me whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    I'd recommend seeing it before writing it off. I thought it followed the trend of remakes surpassing the original. I thought is was excellent.
    Yeah.. I know.. I'm not totally writing it off.. hence the reason why I stated I've never seen it.. just guessing it was one of the worst since even MB himself stated it was one of his only flops.

and by the way, I watch more than just action movies. and going back to explosions, I have a problem with most of them in movies. To name one off the top of my head, the trolley car explosion in The Rock.
    How about the Russian satellite thingy Peter Stormare was in that blew up in space.......there CAN"T be explosions in space. That was the worst explosion in a Bay movie, the Trolley car may of been kinda unreal, but a Trolley can still blow up, that satellite thing would never have an explosion like that. But Bay says "I know i know i know, you can't have explosions in space" on the Arma.Criterion Commentary track
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

How about the Russian satellite thingy Peter Stormare was in that blew up in space.......there CAN"T be explosions in space. That was the worst explosion in a Bay movie, the Trolley car may of been kinda unreal, but a Trolley can still blow up, that satellite thing would never have an explosion like that. But Bay says "I know i know i know, you can't have explosions in space" on the Arma.Criterion Commentary track
    you probably know all this, but actually you can have explosions in space. Its fire that can't exist in space. The only reason for that is the lack of oxygen. Now the space station had oxygen. It may be short lived, but I believe a space station could fire ball.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Yea, one thing that really really irked me throughout Armaggedon was the overuse of Murphy's Law. EVERYTHING that could go wrong, went wrong, then was fixed, then went wrong AGAIN, etc. I really hated that about Armageddon, i was like.....okkkkkkkayyyyy we GET IT. The stakes are HIGH for the oil drillers, please stop beating it over our heads now.
    Last edited by Chemical Superfreak; 04-30-2008 at 07:29 AM.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Banned

Question Re: What is the Worst Michael Bay Film

Yea, one thing that really really irked me throughout Armaggedon was the overuse of Murphy's Law. EVERYTHING that could go wrong, went wrong, then was fixed, then went wrong AGAIN, etc etc etc. I really hated that about Armageddon, i was like.....okkkkkkkayyyyy we GET IT. The stakes are HIGH for the oil drillers, please stop beating it over our heads now.
    Wait.. what?? They were drilling for oil? Gee.. and here I thought they were trying to drill a long enough hole to drop some massive explosives in to break a part an asteroid that was being hurled at Earth that could possibly destroy all civilization as we knew it. Hmm.. who knew...

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    you probably know all this, but actually you can have explosions in space. Its fire that can't exist in space. The only reason for that is the lack of oxygen. Now the space station had oxygen. It may be short lived, but I believe a space station could fire ball.
    Yeah, exactly. The station was the oxygen supply.

Wait.. what?? They were drilling for oil? Gee.. and here I thought they were trying to drill a long enough hole to drop some massive explosives in to break a part an asteroid that was being hurled at Earth that could possibly destroy all civilization as we knew it. Hmm.. who knew...
    ummmmmm........ i never said they were on the asteroid to drill for oil, now did i? I referred to them as what they are, oil drillers. Get it? Do you get it? Nevermind, obviously you don't get it.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Banned

ummmmmm........ i never said they were on the asteroid to drill for oil, now did i? I referred to them as what they are, oil drillers. Get it? Do you get it? Nevermind, obviously you don't get it.

Are you on drugs?

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, BAD BOYS. Weak, pretentious, and very familiar to all the buddy cop films where in this one there are two actors trying desperately to find the essense of what Eddie Murphy once had. One of the reasons why I love Bad Boys II so much. Martin and Will and Michael are established, they didn't need to soul search for these cardboard and very wooden characters like the first film--these guys actually gave those characters dimension they didn't have the confidence to do in the first film.

I hate Bad Boys. I'd rather watch Pearl Harbor any day than to sit through Bad boys again. Bleh!

Hi. I'm new to these forums. I would like to say that Pearl Harbor was the worst Bay movie I've ever seen. That being said, the movie wasn't terrible at all. Good acting, spectacular action sequences, and awesome music. The part that really brought the movie down was the first hour and a half. This movie was just too long, and a sappy love story just seemed out of place in a movie about one of the most important events in US History. But when the attack finally starts, that's where Michael Bay shines the most. Big explosions, gunfire tearing shit to shreds, it's classic M.B.M(Michael Bay Mayhem). It doesn't let up after that. Unfortunately, my copy of Pearl Harbor broke so I'll have to find a replacement.

Kate Beckinsale is the black hole of quality!

I abstain from voting.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by meezookeewee View Post
    But when the attack finally starts, that's where Michael Bay shines the most.
    Even though Pearl is my least favourite Bay-flick and has many flaws, the whole build up to the action and the action sequence itself were fantastic. Calling it a "just a video game sequence with lots of special effects" as some people have done I think it's pretty unfair.

I think Pearl Harbor was a good film, and I think Bay grew with that picture.

Banned

The part that really brought the movie down was the first hour and a half....... But when the attack finally starts, that's where Michael Bay shines the most. Big explosions, gunfire tearing shit to shreds, it's classic M.B.M(Michael Bay Mayhem).
    I don't really think it brought it down at all. It felt more like they were giving it a story line of the happenings of people before it started to show the audience the types of lives people were living, and then showing how it affected peoples lives during and after the Pearl Harbor massacre. I think it was also pretty sweet the way Bay gave the movie a blurring effect when all the wounded were running in the hospital and all the nurses were in disarray as what to do as well as the queazy feeling you could feel from how the wounded were feeling while running in. I loved the whole movie.

On a side note.. one thing I noticed was that the guy who brought the message to Franklin Roosevelt about the Pearl Harbor Massacre is also the Major that was overseeing all of the high school kids in their findings on the Decepticon sound as well as the interception of Frenzy's attack on Air Force One. (the guy who ordered everyone to cut the server hard lines).
    Last edited by Smokescreen_5; 05-02-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    I don't really think it brought it down at all. It felt more like they were giving it a story line of the happenings of people before it started to show the audience the types of lives people were living, and then showing how it affected peoples lives during and after the Pearl Harbor massacre. I think it was also pretty sweet the way Bay gave the movie a blurring effect when all the wounded were running in the hospital and all the nurses were in disarray as what to do as well as the queazy feeling you could feel from how the wounded were feeling while running in. I loved the whole movie.

On a side note.. one thing I noticed was that the guy who brought the message to Theodore Roosevelt about the Pearl Harbor Massacre is also the Major that was overseeing all of the high school kids in their findings on the Decepticon sound as well as the interception of Frenzy's attack on Air Force One. (the guy who ordered everyone to cut the server hard lines).
    Correction: It wasn't Teddy Roosevelt. It was Franklin D. Roosevelt.
    Another thing that bothered me was that the movie was PG-13. You don't make a war movie PG-13 in this day and age. If you want to portray a war as realistically as possible, a PG-13 movie isn't going to cut it. That being said, I still like Pearl Harbor, despite it's numerous flaws.

Correction: It wasn't Teddy Roosevelt. It was Franklin D. Roosevelt.
    Another thing that bothered me was that the movie was PG-13. You don't make a war movie PG-13 in this day and age. If you want to portray a war as realistically as possible, a PG-13 movie isn't going to cut it. That being said, I still like Pearl Harbor, despite it's numerous flaws.
    Did you see the R-rated Director's Cut?

It didn't make that much of a difference, but it's slightly more violent here and there.