Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Transformers 2 writers confirmed

  1. #51
    Senior Member xXRavenXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Shreveport, LA via Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,457

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    yeh..i never said he should allow them to make his decisions.
    I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT. he's the DIRECTOR. so he has the final say.
    however, it is still a transformers movie, and the source material needs to be respected. does bay respect the source material? i'm sure he does to a certain degree.
    Wow, I would like to remind you to please not skip your "meds" again. You do know that that the very cause you started arguing for in the first place you tarnished in the process.

    Clearly if you (like you say) represent the common thinking of other threads and fans that means either everyone here (general word not literally everyone) is clueless, and shouldn't be here in the first place because we are passively afraid to voice opinion.

    Stop hijacking the thread and go back to subject or I'll go and tell mommy. The process works like this: LISTEN, think, respond intelligently.

    All I can say is give a man enough rope end...

    This remind anyone of some of Rumble's posts.
    (refer to nelsons comment about banning)


    EDIT:
    The source material was also a toy line, a cartoon was just a by product for promotion, that's why Prime died in the film, It was said. Good thing China has some shitty paint and probably wont get a chance to make toys as fast and people might actually have to go with some original material. Let me guess you wish BB was a VW...?
    (Wishes nelson didn't take off the kicking a dead horse icon) Man we're so gonna need that emot-icon...

    ****----------------------------------------------------****
    ****----------------------------------------------------****
    Back to Topic for Me
    ****----------------------------------------------------****
    ****----------------------------------------------------****

    But, as for the writer I am a little discouraged, but I have to say I waited a while to go back and see the film to see what I could remember. I also read the script leak. I didn't remember to many moments that were dialog driven, just the big CGI shots. So if this is the goal to take the film to a darker realm there needs to be a 3rd member who is from the outside of this fan based action flick. More characterization. I'm thrilled with the treatment and it's promise, but discouraged about where this could end up. Then again I liked the first film, I just don't want (this is a shared sentiment for any sequel), "More of the same".

    Well I do just not 1+2+3= box office success. There is no formula to good film making. Just as road signs give a cautionary warning all directors and writers can do is take the best advice and in the end the best script can be turned into shit if it doesn't have a good director. Thank God Bay can do that. (not make things look like shit, but has a Midas touch for B.O. Gold)
    Last edited by xXRavenXx; 10-13-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: colors are prettier
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

  2. #52
    Senior Member bliss81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia and Vancouver BC
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Clearly if you (like you say) represent the common thinking of other threads and fans that means either everyone here (general word not literally everyone) is clueless, and shouldn't be here in the first place because we are passively afraid to voice opinion.
    where did i say that? clearly it is you that needs to take the meds. here have some of mine.

  3. #53
    Senior Member xXRavenXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Shreveport, LA via Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    was that the same case here? b/c you seemed in the past to deny that.
    i come here to this boards for information, where as i go to dons boards for debating about the direction certain movies are going. see the difference? b/c at don's board we have a hope that someone is gonna take our criticisms and at least think about them.
    Just figured the word we meant people had the same ideas or notated a commonality in thinking. Oops. Go easy out of everything someone says you find one sentence to nit pick. I guess I should assume you are alone in your principals then since I (as noted in your post) made an incorrect assumption. So either your alone or represent a mass. Either way for the love of God, back to topic or I'll break your crayons...
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

  4. #54
    Senior Member bliss81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia and Vancouver BC
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Just figured the word we meant people had the same ideas or notated a commonality in thinking. Oops. Go easy out of everything someone says you find one sentence to nit pick. I guess I should assume you are alone in your principals then since I (as noted in your post) made an incorrect assumption. So either your alone or represent a mass. Either way for the love of God, back to topic or I'll break your crayons...
    come break my crayons...whatever dude. your so tough and cool. thanks for deviating from topic also.
    anyway, i'm glad the writers are back for the sequel for continuity purposes AND b/c they put in a lot of effort in talking with the fans.

  5. #55
    Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Don't want to close this thread but, you guys need to chill. Raven don't respond with any type of comeback or slight toward Bliss and get back on topic or this thread will be closed also

  6. #56
    Senior Member bliss81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia and Vancouver BC
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post

    But, as for the writer I am a little discouraged, but I have to say I waited a while to go back and see the film to see what I could remember. I also read the script leak. I didn't remember to many moments that were dialog driven, just the big CGI shots. So if this is the goal to take the film to a darker realm there needs to be a 3rd member who is from the outside of this fan based action flick. More characterization. I'm thrilled with the treatment and it's promise, but discouraged about where this could end up. Then again I liked the first film, I just don't want (this is a shared sentiment for any sequel), "More of the same".

    Well I do just not 1+2+3= box office success. There is no formula to good film making. Just as road signs give a cautionary warning all directors and writers can do is take the best advice and in the end the best script can be turned into shit if it doesn't have a good director. Thank God Bay can do that. (not make things look like shit, but has a Midas touch for B.O. Gold)
    you do realise that the treatment (unless you actually have the treatment devised by kruger, orci and/or kurtzman) that the one leaked was not the treatment used for TF2.
    apparently Kruger is a big fan also. he surprised goldner with his in depth knowledge of the TF mythos.

  7. #57
    Senior Member autobot2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    134

    Default writers

    I thought MI 3 was a terrible piece and full of nonsense kurtz and orci were on that i think and Zorro, for screenplay which was alright i guess. These are personal views, and are not intended to offend the authors (freedom of speech). Kruger's only decent one is arlington rd in my opinion. The only recognition Ive had so far in writing is poetry under the International Poetry Association, I havent tried screenplays/scripts yet but I really do feel alot of these people are overrated, i hope they dont break tf2!.

    its all going to be more about money and less about quality and when some people have the money they care less about the quality of work, unless you can afford to create it yourself. Directors sometimes can be held on a leash with agreements from production studios, If shit sells Hollywood will continue to sell it, at the end of they day it will all boil down to Money and if people constantly want to watch tom cruise go to the supermarket. The sequel is a good opportunity for bay to demonstrate a directing ability more character-progress based and silence alot of critics that hound him on a lack of it....
    Last edited by autobot2007; 10-20-2007 at 08:47 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •