Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 2 writers confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    nah we're not whiners, we just have better ideas than those who regularly post here.
    here, you are too afraid to challenge bay's ideas. there, we are fearless.
    I strongly disagree with that one, people are totally free to express their differences with Bay or the movie here too without the fear of being instantly banned.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    I strongly disagree with that one, people are totally free to express their differences with Bay or the movie here too without the fear of being instantly banned.

there is a fine line btw posting opinions and whining like a douche. there is no fear there of being instantly banned. people are banned from don's board when they act like douches.
    i see the merits of this board. don't get me wrong. its a good place to discuss bay's movies. however, why post something that is in hope of being heard by bay if he won't listen to you anyway? that is the point i'm trying to get at. at murphy's board, the prime purpose was to discuss don's movies AND for fans to have a voice.
    http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/475/475640p1.html
    here that is not the purpose.

anyway, back to topic. glad to see orci and kurtzman back on board. i appreciated the dialogue of the first movie. not to happy about the plot, but it could have been far worse. looking forward to the sequel as the first was a decent foundation to move on from. i'm still curious about Ehren Kruger. what does he bring to the plate besides his knowledge of the transformers mythos? any information about him?

nah we're not whiners, we just have better ideas than those who regularly post here.
    furthermore, nelson already acknowledges that bay doesn't take fan opinion into account when making decisions.
    so why would orci come here for discussing the movie, if those who post here already accept that bay doesn't listen to them? at least at don's board, you have a wider variety of opinions of the direction the movie should go.
    at first i used to post here b/c i thought bay read the comments and opinions we had about the direction of the first film. but after realizing (via nelson) that he doesn't even consider our opinion in his decisions, I just come here to see what is new with the production now. that's about it.
    don, orci and tom listen to the fans. even if they don't use all our ideas, they at least listen and let us feel as though we have input. that is why i post at don's forum.
    I wasn't calling everyone there a whiner, but they're definitely people there who disliked the first movie, don't even know what movies Don Murphy has produced in the past and still post there. What's the point with that? That's a message board of a movie producer not transformersG1lovers.com. For me, who is a Bay-fan first and foremost has no reason to post there, and that's the thing I explained to Roberto Orci that us guys here would like to know how the writing process goes from time to time. Also, Bay is considered a douche by 90% of the board so that's one more reason for me to stay away. However, I found it funny that Bay is considered a egomanical douche while the man they're defending is a guy that after he went bonkers the other day, yelling "YOU'RE BLOCKED PSYCHO MONKEY" and "DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN! EVER!" to people left and right after the reportedly fake treatment leak just because nobody notified him.

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    However, I found it funny that Bay is considered a egomanical douche while the man they're defending is a guy that after he went bonkers the other day, yelling "YOU'RE BLOCKED PSYCHO MONKEY" and "DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN! EVER!" to people left and right after the reportedly fake treatment leak just because nobody notified him.
    We all have that one critical flaw that will make us look like a hypocrite or a fool at some point in our lives, guaranteed. And that's okay. The real sin lies in refusing to acknowledge your own shortcomings, and that's the only way to separate yourself from the rest of the blowhards. In cyberspace where Ego is King, we can all do with a dose of humility.

Great way of telling people here how clueless they are.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe people here aren't obsessed with every little single TF detail and just want to see an entertaining movie?

We're not afraid of Mike. I voiced my dislikes various time. Here you're able to disagree politely and not insult everyone in the process. No one here has been banned for disagreeing with anyone.

But, people have been banned for being pompous and insulting assholes.

furthermore, nelson already acknowledges that bay doesn't take fan opinion into account when making decisions.
    Uhm...no. Bay listens. The problem is that for you, listening and do as I say are the same things.

A movie should not be concieved and made by committee much less by fandom.

so why would orci come here for discussing the movie.
    Maybe because he's never been invited, or doesn't see the need to do so as the DIRECTOR already post here?

there is a fine line btw posting opinions and whining like a douche. there is no fear there of being instantly banned. people are banned from don's board when they act like douches.
    i see the merits of this board. don't get me wrong. its a good place to discuss bay's movies. however, why post something that is in hope of being heard by bay if he won't listen to you anyway? that is the point i'm trying to get at. at murphy's board, the prime purpose was to discuss don's movies AND for fans to have a voice.
    http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/475/475640p1.html
    here that is not the purpose.
    We do have a voice here that does not mean that Bay or anyone else needs to take it into consideration as it's his movie, that is the point that most people here are trying to get across to you. Bay did also search the internet forums and listen to some things and concerns and ideas that the fan base did express, it's out there on the internet already. This is also not the Don Murphy and Michael Bay website, it's the Michael Bay website last time I checked. Your comments are inacurate to say the least.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't just read this, or maybe I'll just chalk it up to those having too much free time with a keyboard in one hand and their d**ks in the other.

If my sole purpose of being here was to win Bay's approval through my measley post count, then I think it's time to tap out of life. I'm here to shoot the s**t, talk movies with the fellow board peeps, as are a lot of others. Not compete with other boards on who has more free time to write, let alone post the same stuff on 4-5 different message boards.
    Last edited by r-type; 10-09-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Great way of telling people here how clueless they are.

Has it ever occured to you that maybe people here aren't obsessed with every little single TF detail and just want to see an entertaining movie?

We're not afraid of Mike. I voiced my dislikes various time. Here you're able to disagree politely and not insult everyone in the process. No one here has been banned for disagreeing with anyone.

But, people have been banned for being pompous and insulting assholes.

Uhm...no. Bay listens. The problem is that for you, listening and do as I say are the same things.

A movie should not be concieved and made by committee much less by fandom.

Maybe because he's never been invited, or doesn't see the need to do so as the DIRECTOR already post here?
    ugh...no...
    i don't expect anything i say to be done...actually i dont expect anything i say to come to fruition..
    basically, to my knowledge, bays board is meant to discuss his movies only. not as a research tool for those involved in the movie making process.
    does bay actually get influenced by what we write here?
    according you nelson, the answer is no.
    which, now i plainly agree with. i don't expect that from bay.
    i'm also not competing with other boards either. i didn't start this board calling out bit!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I PM'ed Roberto Orci on Don's board, asking him if he could perhaps come to post here because me (and many others perhaps) don't really like to be around the whiners on that board and still like to know how the writing process goes. He said he would do that, so we'll see if he comes here.
    all i'm saying is that the boards have different purposes!!!
    so nelson, before you jump to conclusions, just read what i posted earlier carefullly.
    don's board was originally created to receive fan input while making movies.
    was that the same case here? b/c you seemed in the past to deny that.
    i come here to this boards for information, where as i go to dons boards for debating about the direction certain movies are going. see the difference? b/c at don's board we have a hope that someone is gonna take our criticisms and at least think about them.
    again, i want to reiterate myself, b/c some of you guys just don't listen also, i have nothing against bays boards. i just see it as a tool to get information b/c in the past nelson has told that bay does not consider fan input when making decisions. i know understand that and accept it.
    i didn't not try to make this a board war, i just wanted to defend those who post there since ladiesman first called us out.

We do have a voice here that does not mean that Bay or anyone else needs to take it into consideration as it's his movie, that is the point that most people here are trying to get across to you. Bay did also search the internet forums and listen to some things and concerns and ideas that the fan base did express, it's out there on the internet already. This is also not the Don Murphy and Michael Bay website, it's the Michael Bay website last time I checked. Your comments are inacurate to say the least.
    i also believe that once myself. which was the original reason i came to this board. but if you recall last year, fans were rudely disregarded by comments made by both nelson and bay. i understand it is not a committee, however, my impression last year was that fans had an input in the movie through these forums. according to nelson, the fans did not. so i got angry at one point, but now i don't care. i've come to the understanding that bay does what HE WANTS. which is ok b/c he's the director right? maybe other forums like the official movie forum, are better means of getting a voice heard rather than this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    I'm gonna pretend I didn't just read this, or maybe I'll just chalk it up to those having too much free time with a keyboard in one hand and their d**ks in the other.

If my sole purpose of being here was to win Bay's approval through my measley post count, then I think it's time to tap out of life. I'm here to shoot the s**t, talk movies with the fellow board peeps, as are a lot of others. Not compete with other boards on who has more free time to write, let alone post the same stuff on 4-5 different message boards.
    dude i was replying to the whining comment by ladiesman.
    winning bays approval is not what this board is about. that is exactly what i was trying to say. continue talking about the movies, i'm all for that. that is why i come here also. i don't come here to give my ideas so bay or others making the movies will listen to me.

dude i was replying to the whining comment by ladiesman.
    winning bays approval is not what this board is about. that is exactly what i was trying to say. continue talking about the movies, i'm all for that. that is why i come here also. i don't come here to give my ideas so bay or others making the movies will listen to me.
    Mea culpa for being a bit brash, I made the mistake of reading the quote before the post. However, I ask that you not be naive as to believe that your retort wouldn't elicit such comments.
    Last edited by r-type; 10-09-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Mea culpa for being a bit brash, I made the mistake of reading the quote before the post. However, I ask that you not be naive to the notion that your retort wouldn't elicit such comments.
    true. so i apologize.
    basically i just wanted to share with the rest of you that at don's board we were given the impression that fan input was going to be taken into account.
    here i was given the impression the board was meant for information and discussion among the fans. see the distinction? that is all i have on the matter now.
    apologize again for any comments i've offended you guys with.
    don't get me wrong, i hope the writers come here to give us updates here as well. that is why i come here. for information about the movie making process.

Hi, bliss81, I hope you won't get me wrong for my words.

IMO it makes sense for directors to give little heed to fans' inputs because fans' demands vary greatly. Maybe producers or writers would do some research, but if directors care about it too much, nothing would be working. We fans talk what we'd like to talk (politely), The director does what he wants to do. That's how it should be. Don's board is the producer's board, and this board is the director's. It is the difference.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

i also believe that once myself. which was the original reason i came to this board. but if you recall last year, fans were rudely disregarded by comments made by both nelson and bay. i understand it is not a committee, however, my impression last year was that fans had an input in the movie through these forums. according to nelson, the fans did not. so i got angry at one point, but now i don't care. i've come to the understanding that bay does what HE WANTS. which is ok b/c he's the director right? maybe other forums like the official movie forum, are better means of getting a voice heard rather than this forum.

Originally Posted by bliss81

With these two posts alone it seems more like you've come back bitter wanting to vent is all because your ideas were not put in the spotlight ?

If that's what you want then become a writer, a director then when everyone nitpicks your film then don't go crying on someone else's website.

As far as fans being rudely disregarded I can't speak to that as I just joined the old site around May of 2007 but I have to wonder what was said on both sides because I'm sure the "fans" you mentioned were just perfect angels as you seem to be implying ? I'm just not buying it!

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Hi, bliss81, I hope you won't get me wrong for my words.

IMO it makes sense for directors to give little heed to fans' inputs because fans' demands vary greatly. Maybe producers or writers would do some research, but if directors care about it too much, nothing would be working. We fans talk what we'd like to talk (politely), The director does what he wants to do. That's how it should be. Don's board is the producer's board, and this board is the director's. It is the difference.

Anyway, welcome to the board.
    i guess i overlooked that thanks...
    anyway more interaction w/ any of the filmmakers is a bonus.

If Bay was to listen to the fans about what to put in this movie, it would never get made; given that not even the fans can agree on what should be in it. And which section of fans do you listen to? Bay knows how to make entertaining and successful films.

As for the writers, I'm glad Orci and Kurtzman are back. I thought they did a good job on the first movie. I've not heard of Kruger but I understand that he impressed Bay with his knowledge of Transformers so the combination of the 3 seems perfect

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
    If Bay was to listen to the fans about what to put in this movie, it would never get made; given that not even the fans can agree on what should be in it. And which section of fans do you listen to? Bay knows how to make entertaining and successful films.

As for the writers, I'm glad Orci and Kurtzman are back. I thought they did a good job on the first movie. I've not heard of Kruger but I understand that he impressed Bay with his knowledge of Transformers so the combination of the 3 seems perfect
    Oh my FREAKIN gosh! A damn person with some sense in their head for a change!

*extends hand in friendship* WELCOME to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by devonnewberry View Post
    Oh man that's way cool. I think the writing duo of Kurtzman/Orci is awesome and I'm glad their back on this project. I heard Ehren Kruger isn't a very good writer, but we'll see.

I wonder how Bay is gonna top the 15 action pieces in TF2. I hope he doesn't just make MORE action pieces, but makes BETTER action pieces. "Quality over Quantity" works here.
    well from a lot of what kurtzman and orci have said in interviews, Bay was very insistent on getting the characters set first, before any action (which is how the team likes to write. Get the story and the characters, figure out the action last). For example on "the island" when they turned in one of the their drafts (i think their first draft) Michael basically came back to them and said "stop trying to write what you think a Michael bay movie is". So from all iv heard up to this point, i really canít see anybody on the team, wither it be the writers, Speilburgh or Bay letting anybody at any point along the way, get away with action that doesnít fit organically into the story. I hope..lol
    Last edited by BrettLee; 10-12-2007 at 09:38 AM.

dude, i realised you just don't understand. Orci himself has often said the fans are of great help. which is why i post any ideas on don's forum b/c orci sometimes goes there.
    obviously i don't expect bay to listen to the fans because he doesn, and i understand it completely. however the writers DO listen. where in any of my posts does it say i expect bay to listen and consider fan input? no where. hence why this forum is not a place to post things of what we think this movie should be like because bay won't take it in. he's to busy in making other decisions about the movie. that is why fan input comes indirectly through the writers. i don't expect orci, kurtzman and kruger to take fan input like its the bible, but i do think they use fan input as a research tool. that is all i'm saying, so why do i not get a handshake?

exactly. i agree with you about bay. however, i believe that some of the producers listen to the fans, i know many ILM artists ARE fans, and the writers are fans and are in dialogue with the fans. so fan input can be given through other means, not directly to bay.

do any of you honestly believe that if bay wrote the script and designed the robots themselves, we would actually have a transformers movie? because i don't. i think we would get a really entertaining robot movie nothing related to transformers.

exactly. i agree with you about bay. however, i believe that some of the producers listen to the fans, i know many ILM artists ARE fans, and the writers are fans and are in dialogue with the fans. so fan input can be given through other means, not directly to bay.

do any of you honestly believe that if bay wrote the script and designed the robots themselves, we would actually have a transformers movie? because i don't. i think we would get a really entertaining robot movie nothing related to transformers.
    I understand what you are saying but ultimately its Bays film, its his neck on the line. He can listen to the fans, whether they be the producers, ILM, writers (and I think Bay does listen to ideas from these people) but at some stage Bay has to make the final decision based on what he thinks is right for the film. So yes, listen to the fans to get ideas but he cant allow them to make/drive the decisions

Thank you

I understand what you are saying but ultimately its Bays film, its his neck on the line. He can listen to the fans, whether they be the producers, ILM, writers (and I think Bay does listen to ideas from these people) but at some stage Bay has to make the final decision based on what he thinks is right for the film. So yes, listen to the fans to get ideas but he cant allow them to make/drive the decisions

Thank you
    yeh..i never said he should allow them to make his decisions.
    I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT. he's the DIRECTOR. so he has the final say.
    however, it is still a transformers movie, and the source material needs to be respected. does bay respect the source material? i'm sure he does to a certain degree.

yeh..i never said he should allow them to make his decisions.
    I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT. he's the DIRECTOR. so he has the final say.
    however, it is still a transformers movie, and the source material needs to be respected. does bay respect the source material? i'm sure he does to a certain degree.
    I didn't mean to suggest you think fans should make the decisions. It just seems that some fans who have ideas seem to think its their right to demand that they are in the film and if they are not, its not Transformers or Bay doesn't know what he's doing. Thats what I meant by the director having to go with what he feels is best.

As for the respect, I think Bay does respect the source material but at the same time, changes have to be made to propel it forward and bring it into the 21st century.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee View Post
    well from a lot of what kurtzman and orci have said in interviews, Bay was very insistent on getting the characters set first, before any action (which is how the team likes to write. Get the story and the characters, figure out the action last). For example on "the island" when they turned in one of the their drafts (i think their first draft) Michael basically came back to them and said "stop trying to write what you think a Michael bay movie is". So from all iv heard up to this point, i really canít see anybody on the team, wither it be the writers, Speilburgh or Bay letting anybody at any point along the way, get away with action that doesnít fit organically into the story. I hope..lol

On the only featurette on "The Island" DVD Michael said he told the writers to write "Action" for the actions scenes. Just one that one word. And Michael said "he'd fill in the rest."

I think that's awesome.