Thread: leaks?

Banned

Default leaks?

Just wondering, rumors are spreading about Sam having a brother in the sequel as well as an ex-girlfriend...

I also heard they locked location for the town of Bethlehem, PA, about an hour and a half from the city of Philadelphia which there supposedly set to film at in June.

Can anybody confirm that?

Default Re: leaks?

And where have you heard these rumors?

If Sam does have a brother, his name should be Spike, a nod to G1.

Banned
    Last edited by elemental fantasy; 04-14-2008 at 03:47 PM.

uh oh if sam has an ex what about mikalea... his brother is name eric a lawyer
    Last edited by megatron42; 04-14-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by elemental fantasy View Post
    Just wondering, rumors are spreading about Sam having a brother in the sequel as well as an ex-girlfriend...

I also heard they locked location for the town of Bethlehem, PA, about an hour and a half from the city of Philadelphia which there supposedly set to film at in June.

I haven't heard of the Bethlehem, PA news but I have heard about Sams brother and the EX: no news on who has been cast in their roles yet though. That would be pretty cool if they did film in Bethlehem - I lived in Philadelphia for some time and a good friend of mine was from there, so I've been several times!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elemental fantasy View Post

Uhh.. say what? That link you gave was of Masterpiece Starscream. I've heard it was in Pennsylvania, but didn't know where. Why would he have a brother? Hmm.. and it can't be Spike cuz I thought that Spike was Sam's son in the G1 series.. or maybe it was the other way around.. but anywhos.. about an ex girlfriend? thats stupid.. cuz in the first movie they make it out as if he'd never had a girlfriend before until Mikaela came around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Uhh.. say what? That link you gave was of Masterpiece Starscream. I've heard it was in Pennsylvania, but didn't know where. Why would he have a brother? Hmm.. and it can't be Spike cuz I thought that Spike was Sam's son in the G1 series.. or maybe it was the other way around.. but anywhos.. about an ex girlfriend? thats stupid.. cuz in the first movie they make it out as if he'd never had a girlfriend before until Mikaela came around.
    ya whats yo with that?... Thats what I thought to.

Uhh....yeah, I don't believe any of these so called "leaks."

Sam does not have a brother. That would have been mentioned in the first film.

And Sam hasn't gotten any ex-girlfriends. Mikaela's his first. Why do you think he acted so weird around her? He may be around 16 or so, as he just got his first car. *shrug*
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

... and it can't be Spike cuz I thought that Spike was Sam's son in the G1 series.. or maybe it was the other way around.. .
    What? In the G1 series Sam IS Spike, and the father is sparkplug. Spikes son's name is Daniel.
    Last edited by Xsubs; 04-15-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Uhh....yeah, I don't believe any of these so called "leaks."
    That's true... Michael Bay said that he was going to be leaking a lot of false information about the movie on purpose to throw people off.......... on the other hand, I've seen the casting call for both rolls of Sams brother AND his EX. AGAIN, this could be just a GREAT way to mislead us... I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    That's true... Michael Bay said that he was going to be leaking a lot of false information about the movie on purpose to throw people off.......... on the other hand, I've seen the casting call for both rolls of Sams brother AND his EX. AGAIN, this could be just a GREAT way to mislead us... I'm just saying.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Banned

I too think the leaks are bogus, it's actually too early for leaks imo. They havent even started principal photography, and within a month, soooo much stuff can change in a script. Very much so, sounds like false leaks, thought so when I read through it, but was just wondering if anybody knew anything about that.

We most likely wont have good leaks until production is well underway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    What? In the G1 series Sam IS Spike, and the father is sparkplug. Spikes son's name is Daniel.
    Sam is not Spike. Sam is Sam and Spike is Spike. In the 2007 movie, the father is Ron Witwicky, not Sparkplug. In the 1984 cartoon, Spike is in fact the son of Sparkplug, and yes Daniel is the son of Spike and Carly Witwicky.. but in the movie its Ron and Judy Witwicky with their son Sam, which nowhere do they mention another sibling, ex girlfriend or any other such mess.

I don't believe any of these leaks to be true because the pieces don't fit anywhere.

Sam is not Spike. Sam is Sam and Spike is Spike. In the 2007 movie, the father is Ron Witwicky, not Sparkplug. In the 1984 cartoon, Spike is in fact the son of Sparkplug, and yes Daniel is the son of Spike and Carly Witwicky.. but in the movie its Ron and Judy Witwicky with their son Sam, which nowhere do they mention another sibling, ex girlfriend or any other such mess.

I don't believe any of these leaks to be true because the pieces don't fit anywhere.
    Yeah, but you have to think about the first movie and how much it followed the original Transformers from the beginning. It was similar but they took some liberties, so who’s to say that they won’t change up the story line just a bit to make it mesh better for the 2009 release.

Banned

Yeah, but you have to think about the first movie and how much it followed the original Transformers from the beginning. It was similar but they took some liberties, so who’s to say that they won’t change up the story line just a bit to make it mesh better for the 2009 release.

How did it follow the original Transformers from the beginning? The original Transformers didn't have an All Spark. The original Transformers didn't have a Transformer already on earth. The original Transformers didn't have Megatron that was crash landed in the ice. The original Transformers didn't have Autobots coming to earth in the form of a meteorite looking form.

Also Bay has said he'll listen to concerns of Transformers Fans, but this is HIS movie.. and he'll make it how HE wants it to be.. not how everyone else wants it to be. He'll of course follow the general format of Transformers and try to incorporate story lines of past generations to resemble it, but its not going to be exactly like the original series.

How did it follow the original Transformers from the beginning? The original Transformers didn't have an All Spark. The original Transformers didn't have a Transformer already on earth. The original Transformers didn't have Megatron that was crash landed in the ice. The original Transformers didn't have Autobots coming to earth in the form of a meteorite looking form.

Also Bay has said he'll listen to concerns of Transformers Fans, but this is HIS movie.. and he'll make it how HE wants it to be.. not how everyone else wants it to be. He'll of course follow the general format of Transformers and try to incorporate story lines of past generations to resemble it, but its not going to be exactly like the original series.
    Again… liberties. And I agree - I think it will be pretty far from the original series. They had to come up with a story line, and they went with that one. They needed to find some way to bring the battle to Earth, and find some motivation (the All Spark) for Megatron to venture this way. By following the Transformers I was talking about the ‘idea’ (with lack of a better word) behind them; protecting the human race, standing up for a just cause, etc. – not necessarily the story line.

Banned

Again… liberties. And I agree - I think it will be pretty far from the original series. They had to come up with a story line, and they went with that one. They needed to find some way to bring the battle to Earth, and find some motivation (the All Spark) for Megatron to venture this way. By following the Transformers I was talking about the ‘idea’ (with lack of a better word) behind them; protecting the human race, standing up for a just cause, etc. – not necessarily the story line.
    Ahh.. ok.. gotcha..