Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey everyone..here's an Optimus Prime painting I just did..

Default Re: Hey everyone..here's an Optimus Prime painting I just did..

Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    Hey have you ever done a painting of raddimus prime?

You know, this is actually my first real Transformers painting. I drew them a lot when I was younger but this is the first time I did like a finished painting of one of them. So I haven't done a Rodimus Prime yet, but I definitely want to do more TF paintings soon. I'd love to take a crack at Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron,etc..

Yhea any of those would be sweet as every one who knows me knows I'm a huge starscream and rodimus fan. Do you have a site where you could sho some more of your art?What comics have you done so far?
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

Quote Originally Posted by LivioPainter View Post
    You know, this is actually my first real Transformers painting. I drew them a lot when I was younger but this is the first time I did like a finished painting of one of them. So I haven't done a Rodimus Prime yet, but I definitely want to do more TF paintings soon. I'd love to take a crack at Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron,etc..
    CHECK UR E-MAIL!
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    Yhea any of those would be sweet as every one who knows me knows I'm a huge starscream and rodimus fan. Do you have a site where you could sho some more of your art?What comics have you done so far?
    I'm actually a concept artist working for WildStorm Productions ( a subsidiary of DC Comics and Warner Bros.). Right now I'm doing design work for a pretty huge videogame project that we're going to announce soon. Though hopefully comics and especially Transformers art is somewhere in my future!

But if you'd like to see more of my stuff, please check out http://www.LivioRamondelli.com. Thanks, everybody!
    Last edited by LivioPainter; 04-13-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Don't for get Bumble Bee and Ironhide!!

Hey everyone,
    I've been visiting these forums since before the film came out ( though this is my first official post), and I can't wait for the sequel.

I'm an artist working for WildStorm/DC Comics, and I recently did this Optimus Prime painting for fun. I was trying to get a look reminiscent of the old-school cartoon and movie ( meaning more linework on the characters and a looser, painterly background). I also wanted to try and show just how massive Prime is, so I added the flock of birds taking off from his back. Let me know what you guys think!

I saw parts of starscream, rumble, skywarp, i think thundercracker, various constructicons, and pretty sure i saw some part of soundwave in there. no megatron though.
    Last edited by Starscreamisthebest; 04-30-2008 at 04:36 PM.
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    it's def not super pro level stuff...something about the head and arm and some other parts look off. Just the way the lines are. But still a really really good piece man. WAY WAY WAY WAY better then I could ever hope to achieve.

and holy shit i just got a double shot of deja vu....creepy
    No shit? When I saw that pic and read you post about getting Deja Vu I had the same feeling... weird eh?

And very nice man. I gotta say that is a cool painting. I see what Ury is saying, but I love it none the less.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

It is one the best illustrations of Optimus Prime I have ever seen. A little dark perspective of him, but excellent. When I first saw this painting, I could not done believe it was not done by a pro. You say you have been drawing Transformers since you were a kid? You definitly have a talent, and I am looking forward to future paintings

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    It is one the best illustrations of Optimus Prime I have ever seen. A little dark perspective of him, but excellent. When I first saw this painting, I could not done believe it was not done by a pro. You say you have been drawing Transformers since you were a kid? You definitly have a talent, and I am looking forward to future paintings
    Thanks for the kind words! I've definitely been painting since I was a kid. I do actually work for Warner Bros./DC Comics as an artist. So I'm actually a professional now ( as strange as that is to say, since I'm new to it)..though sadly, the only Transformers I get to paint are done in my free time!
    Last edited by LivioPainter; 04-30-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks for the kind words! I've definitely been painting since I was a kid. I do actually work for Warner Bros./DC Comics as an artist. So I'm actually a professional now ( as strange as that is to say, since I'm new to it)..though sadly, the only Transformers I get to paint are done in my free time!
    Now we have the fan art thread in Transformers: a Michael Bay film section. I'd like you to drop by and post more pics when it's OK with you.
    Last edited by sora; 04-30-2008 at 11:25 PM.

yes do put up more painting, that is an awsome painting and you should also put your work up in deviantart.com, a sight that allows you to display your art to alot of artists. You will quickly have an audience of admireres.
    "Call me a traitor...I'm just collecting your victims..." Paramore Monster

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    it's def not super pro level stuff...something about the head and arm and some other parts look off. Just the way the lines are. But still a really really good piece man. WAY WAY WAY WAY better then I could ever hope to achieve.

and holy shit i just got a double shot of deja vu....creepy
    the arm is just to straight. for just doing something in his/her spare time it's really good and five times better than the crap art coming out of some of the tf comics right now

That's super bad-ass for bein' a painting... My guess would be that you maybe do mostly color work, because the shadows and textures look great. It's an awesome piece of work... but... on the negative side, fuck your entire life for having him about to step on Soundwave's gun.