Thread: Transformers Album

Default Transformers Album

Man I love the TF album. You should listen to it sometime! Its good! (Track 5: Pretty handsome akward. Wierd title, good song!) Check the vid on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzCFRU7wUWE. Buy yours today!
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Default Re: Transformers Album

???

I have the album and I agree, it's a great listen. I was just poking around on Amazon this morning and I saw they have the entire score for the movie available. It was only $14 to download, so I went for it. I can litterally picture the scenes in my head while listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    I have the album and I agree, it's a great listen. I was just poking around on Amazon this morning and I saw they have the entire score for the movie available. It was only $14 to download, so I went for it. I can litterally picture the scenes in my head while listening to it.
    Whats your fav song on the CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Whats your fav song on the CD?
    Holy cow... I don't know.
    Just like the score, when I listen to the CD I see the scenes from the movie in my head. I'm not even a Smashing Pumpkins fan (of their newer stuff), but when I hear their song on the album I think of Bumble Bee on the back of that tow truck tearing it up and I can't help but like the song.

Nate

Holy cow... I don't know.
    Just like the score, when I listen to the CD I see the scenes from the movie in my head. I'm not even a Smashing Pumpkins fan (of their newer stuff), but when I hear their song on the album I think of Bumble Bee on the back of that tow truck tearing it up and I can't help but like the song.

Nate
    I pretty much dislike the Smashing Pumpkins but I love that song. I don't think it has to do with the movie though. I just think it is a good song.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I pretty much dislike the Smashing Pumpkins but I love that song. I don't think it has to do with the movie though. I just think it is a good song.
    ....or a combination of both?

....or a combination of both?
    I'm pretty sure it's not, because it took a couple of viewings to find the song in the movie, for me.

I'm pretty sure it's not, because it took a couple of viewings to find the song in the movie, for me.
    Man, that song was like 'Baby Come Back' with Bumble Bee the first time I saw the movie.... maybe I just have a thing for Bumble Bee that I don't even know about.

Nate

I like the quitar and the drums, but the singer is pretty lame I think.

I like that Smashing Pumpkins song and that The Used-song as well but when they kick it in the movie... just fuckin' cheesy. It's just there to sell the soundtrack and that really feels very 90's and fuckin' old nowadays. That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened. Funniest thing is that the Goo Goo Dolls song (which I actually dig, because it feels just like an 80's movie soundtrack song) wasn't even featured in the film (just an instrumental) and yet was written for it.

I don't want to see a similiar approach to the sequel. Optimus' speech at the end would be far more powerful with the music Steve Jablonsky wrote for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I don't want to see a similiar approach to the sequel. Optimus' speech at the end would be far more powerful with the music Steve Jablonsky wrote for the film.
    Same here. If any of you guys are a soundtrack geek like me, then Transformers: the Score is for you.

I have no intention in getting the album. The music there simply is not me. I am a classic rock guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I like that Smashing Pumpkins song and that The Used-song as well but when they kick it in the movie... just fuckin' cheesy. It's just there to sell the soundtrack and that really feels very 90's and fuckin' old nowadays. That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened. Funniest thing is that the Goo Goo Dolls song (which I actually dig, because it feels just like an 80's movie soundtrack song) wasn't even featured in the film (just an instrumental) and yet was written for it.

sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you on a few points. I for one LOVE soundtracks like Transformers, Titan AE, Heavy Metal 2000, and even MI2. I love soundtracks with lyrical songs, especially rock songs. Also, the Linkin Park song would have fit, IF they would have played up the guilt Prime might have felt for dooming his planet to a slow death by launching the Allspark in to space. Too bad no such thing happened.

Also, if you think the lack of the Goo Goo Dolls in the movie was disappointing, think how I felt watching MI2. I watched that movie purely for the new MetallicA song in it. however it was not until the last song in the credits that you got to hear just the first part of the song. I freaking hated that movie.

"Originaly posted by Ladiesman217: That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened."

Well, if u listen to the lyrics it has actually alot to do with the movie. And i agree with u because the other songs didn't have alot to do with the film, but i still like the song by the used.
    Last edited by Swift; 04-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Banned

I don't care if Linkin Park's "What I've Done" song had anything to do with the movie or not.. I still loved it! I liked a lot of the songs, like the one by HIM even though I'm not a HIM fan like a lot of female friends I know, but for once I actually liked one of his songs. Maybe its because of the fact it was used with the Transformers soundtrack.. I dunno.. but anyways.. I liked Linkin Parks song

I have the original CD for the '86 movie.

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I haven't seen that movie in a while - I just put it on my NetFlix list a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive...
    Dare to be stupid.