Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Transformers Album

  1. #1
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Transformers Album

    Man I love the TF album. You should listen to it sometime! Its good! (Track 5: Pretty handsome akward. Wierd title, good song!) Check the vid on youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzCFRU7wUWE. Buy yours today!
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  2. #2
    Senior Member brAnd7onX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    383

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    ???

  3. #3
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    I have the album and I agree, it's a great listen. I was just poking around on Amazon this morning and I saw they have the entire score for the movie available. It was only $14 to download, so I went for it. I can litterally picture the scenes in my head while listening to it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    I have the album and I agree, it's a great listen. I was just poking around on Amazon this morning and I saw they have the entire score for the movie available. It was only $14 to download, so I went for it. I can litterally picture the scenes in my head while listening to it.
    Whats your fav song on the CD?
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  5. #5
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Whats your fav song on the CD?
    Holy cow... I don't know.
    Just like the score, when I listen to the CD I see the scenes from the movie in my head. I'm not even a Smashing Pumpkins fan (of their newer stuff), but when I hear their song on the album I think of Bumble Bee on the back of that tow truck tearing it up and I can't help but like the song.

    Nate

  6. #6
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    Holy cow... I don't know.
    Just like the score, when I listen to the CD I see the scenes from the movie in my head. I'm not even a Smashing Pumpkins fan (of their newer stuff), but when I hear their song on the album I think of Bumble Bee on the back of that tow truck tearing it up and I can't help but like the song.

    Nate
    I pretty much dislike the Smashing Pumpkins but I love that song. I don't think it has to do with the movie though. I just think it is a good song.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  7. #7
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I pretty much dislike the Smashing Pumpkins but I love that song. I don't think it has to do with the movie though. I just think it is a good song.
    ....or a combination of both?

  8. #8
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    ....or a combination of both?
    I'm pretty sure it's not, because it took a couple of viewings to find the song in the movie, for me.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  9. #9
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's not, because it took a couple of viewings to find the song in the movie, for me.
    Man, that song was like 'Baby Come Back' with Bumble Bee the first time I saw the movie.... maybe I just have a thing for Bumble Bee that I don't even know about.

    Nate

  10. #10
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I pretty much dislike the Smashing Pumpkins but I love that song. I don't think it has to do with the movie though. I just think it is a good song.
    I like the quitar and the drums, but the singer is pretty lame I think.
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    I like that Smashing Pumpkins song and that The Used-song as well but when they kick it in the movie... just fuckin' cheesy. It's just there to sell the soundtrack and that really feels very 90's and fuckin' old nowadays. That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened. Funniest thing is that the Goo Goo Dolls song (which I actually dig, because it feels just like an 80's movie soundtrack song) wasn't even featured in the film (just an instrumental) and yet was written for it.

    I don't want to see a similiar approach to the sequel. Optimus' speech at the end would be far more powerful with the music Steve Jablonsky wrote for the film.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,949

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I don't want to see a similiar approach to the sequel. Optimus' speech at the end would be far more powerful with the music Steve Jablonsky wrote for the film.
    Same here. If any of you guys are a soundtrack geek like me, then Transformers: the Score is for you.

    I have no intention in getting the album. The music there simply is not me. I am a classic rock guy.

  13. #13
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    I like that Smashing Pumpkins song and that The Used-song as well but when they kick it in the movie... just fuckin' cheesy. It's just there to sell the soundtrack and that really feels very 90's and fuckin' old nowadays. That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened. Funniest thing is that the Goo Goo Dolls song (which I actually dig, because it feels just like an 80's movie soundtrack song) wasn't even featured in the film (just an instrumental) and yet was written for it.

    I don't want to see a similiar approach to the sequel. Optimus' speech at the end would be far more powerful with the music Steve Jablonsky wrote for the film.
    sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you on a few points. I for one LOVE soundtracks like Transformers, Titan AE, Heavy Metal 2000, and even MI2. I love soundtracks with lyrical songs, especially rock songs. Also, the Linkin Park song would have fit, IF they would have played up the guilt Prime might have felt for dooming his planet to a slow death by launching the Allspark in to space. Too bad no such thing happened.


    Also, if you think the lack of the Goo Goo Dolls in the movie was disappointing, think how I felt watching MI2. I watched that movie purely for the new MetallicA song in it. however it was not until the last song in the credits that you got to hear just the first part of the song. I freaking hated that movie.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  14. #14
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    "Originaly posted by Ladiesman217: That Linkin Park-song didn't have anything to do with the film and yet it was playing during that awesome ending sequence. What made it even more cheesy was the fact that it was perhaps two months old when the movie opened."

    Well, if u listen to the lyrics it has actually alot to do with the movie. And i agree with u because the other songs didn't have alot to do with the film, but i still like the song by the used.
    Last edited by Swift; 04-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    I don't care if Linkin Park's "What I've Done" song had anything to do with the movie or not.. I still loved it! I liked a lot of the songs, like the one by HIM even though I'm not a HIM fan like a lot of female friends I know, but for once I actually liked one of his songs. Maybe its because of the fact it was used with the Transformers soundtrack.. I dunno.. but anyways.. I liked Linkin Parks song

  16. #16

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    I have the original CD for the '86 movie.

    Dare! Dare to believe you can survive...

  17. #17
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I have the original CD for the '86 movie.
    I haven't seen that movie in a while - I just put it on my NetFlix list a couple days ago.

  18. #18
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: Transformers Album

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I have the original CD for the '86 movie.

    Dare! Dare to believe you can survive...
    Dare to be stupid.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •