Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 2

Default Which came 1st?

Guys and Gals I have a question. For a movie such as Transformers did Bay's team get there design work from Hasbro or did Hasbro come up with the mold from Bay's design team. Sort of the "Which came first, the chicken or the egg" question.

TillAllAreOne

Well I can tell you Bumblebee's and the other autobots Car and truck modeswas created by GM.

But correct me if I am wrong Nelson. The studio made up designs..threw them around to Hasbro and they okayed the bots basic style..then went out and found the vehicles to wrap these robots in. Then it gets passed to Hasbro for approval and then its a go??

TF#2 Wishlist:

* Character development

* A Ferrari Autobot wich makes path for a...

* ...Lamborghini Decepticon! checkout their latest model, the Reventon.

* No dino/animal etc bots, Scorponok was cool but pointless. Not even a transformer actually.

Hey all im back. Had a lot on recently, new baby on the way and lotsa work etc.

So glad to log back on here and find this new section!!

Anyways, my wish list...

1. A FEW new TFs, both autobots and decepticons. But only a few, maybe 2/3 autobots, and obviously a few more cons cos half are dead . I only want a few because....

2. I want more character development, which precludes having too many to be able to go into any depth. Whatever plans you have for getting megatron back...you MUST create a dynamic between him and starscream. Dont get me wrong, im not a G1 fanboi and demand it just because thats how it always was...but lets be honest, it was a brilliant relationship, and would be excellent in adding depth and menace to both characters.

3. IF it can be done without being/looking silly and childish i would love the dinobots and/or devastator...but as has been mentioned before it would have to be done really REALLY well. But hell, i guess Michael is always up for the challenge

4. Action...obviously its a sequel, you gotta go bigger and better, nuff said!

One of the best things I liked about Transformers was the realism of the autobots and decepticons. My goal in life is to become a visual effects artist, and Transformers inspires me even more to strive for that goal.

Anyway, ILM did a VERY good job in the first movie. I know they will come through for the sequel.

P.S. If Bay does make a character using an aircraft carrier, that will be 0_o.

Here are a few cools things (in my opinion) that should be in the sequel:

1) Peter Cullen should have a small cameo as the Optimus holografic driver

2) one of the new Autobots should be a Corvette Z06

3) Starscream should show what a bada** he is and kill Mikaela

4) Soundwave should say: x inferior, Soundwave superior

5) more time for Barricade, he is so cool , my favorite Decepticon so far
    Last edited by Kenzo; 10-09-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Nice to have ya here Kenzo!

Thank you Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
    3) Starscream should show what a bada** he is and kill Mikaela
    LMAO. someone doesnt like mikaela.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    LMAO. someone doesnt like mikaela.
    Well she should die rather then Optimus

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
    Well she should die rather then Optimus
    Optimus shouldn't die again.

Forgive me for dropping a fanboyish/girlish fantasy.
    Not in the sequel, meybe in the next next or more after... I'd like to see a brief glimpse of humans backing Autobots up with man-made, production-model transformers (who're less sentient but dutiful to the Autobots) like "Commander Prime, we sent you our boys." Isn't that a bit cool a bunch of robots of the same shape forming a line just to sacrifice themselves for Autobots?

(Huh, this is a very Japanese-robot-geek thinking, I know.)
    Last edited by sora; 10-09-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Grammatically

frank should voice megatron.. here's my reason why he has the raspy voice
    when megatron is brought from the ocean floor, hugo weaving can't do it
    i hope and pray frank is in the movie
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    frank should voice megatron.. here's my reason why he has the raspy voice
    when megatron is brought from the ocean floor, hugo weaving can't do it
    i hope and pray frank is in the movie
    Not going to happen!

"You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

i hope frank is in the movie, galvatron never say never... people are saying
    they want megatron become galvatron and unicron in the movie, if unicron is in it
    have james earl jones do the voice

It would be nice if Frank could voice at least one of the other decepticons

Are there actually any news on the budget

Well, I'd like to see less fanboy influence and more original story telling.

The problem most people had with the first movie was the fact that trying to please everyone is impossible.

And for the love of all that is good, keep Megatron dead. No Jason Voorhees returns please. (Pun inteded)

Default Enter Shockwave, Omnibots, and Reflector

Ya know guys, one of the ending scenes if I remember was where Starscream was escaping Earth's orbit into outerspace,..right?!!? I would think that he is going back to Cybertron to recruit additional reinforcements. Accept in the comics Shockwave only had a few spotlights (very,.very brief) in G1 animation. Perhaps this might serve as an opportunity to give him some highlight! Recruiting the person that did his voice might be an awesome idea as well. Also, what about the TFs that got limited to no animation time like the Omnibots or Reflector. I bet Canon or Olympus would probably be willing to sacrifice a camera for movie exposure. Tell me your thoughts,..I am just a lowly junior member wanting to learn from his Seniors

ME

Quote Originally Posted by TillAllAreOne View Post
    Ya know guys, one of the ending scenes if I remember was where Starscream was escaping Earth's orbit into outerspace,..right?!!? I would think that he is going back to Cybertron to recruit additional reinforcements. Accept in the comics Shockwave only had a few spotlights (very,.very brief) in G1 animation. Perhaps this might serve as an opportunity to give him some highlight! Recruiting the person that did his voice might be an awesome idea as well. Also, what about the TFs that got limited to no animation time like the Omnibots or Reflector. I bet Canon or Olympus would probably be willing to sacrifice a camera for movie exposure. Tell me your thoughts,..I am just a lowly junior member wanting to learn from his Seniors

ME
    I don't remember the omnibots in G1 at all and I have the dvd's, reflector was in just the first handful of episodes,he was cool,obviously voiced by Chris Latta (original Starscream), the toy is cool too! I paid $400.00 for him alone. We had the Nokiacon in the first movie so why not an Olympuscon.

Being as they pissed me off once yeah they could make a good Decepticon!

Seniors ? Yes, we are all old here! lol
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Frank was passed beacause just about everyone involved in the decision process thought his voice had not aged well. And if he was casted, then fandom would've complained--like Hugo Weaving fans did-- that his voice was altered to the point of not being recognizeable.
    I honestly don't think I would have cared that much, just so long as I knew that it was Frank at the core of the character. His voice would have bled through ILM's digital manipulations one way or another.

Personally, I'd take the flawed enthusiasm of the voice artist over the cold professionalism of the A-list celebrity any day of the week. Unless the ILM guys allow Hugo to actually SOUND like Hugo in the sequel, his casting will remain fundamentally pointless.

ILM has nothing to do with sound mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    ILM has nothing to do with sound mixing.
    My bad. But no matter who's responsible, my argument still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    I honestly don't think I would have cared that much, just so long as I knew that it was Frank at the core of the character. His voice would have bled through ILM's digital manipulations one way or another.

Personally, I'd take the flawed enthusiasm of the voice artist over the cold professionalism of the A-list celebrity any day of the week. Unless the ILM guys allow Hugo to actually SOUND like Hugo in the sequel, his casting will remain fundamentally pointless.
    Digital manipulation can only do so much. You still need a performance. It still needs to match the character and what the makers are looking for. Timing, pronounciation, subtleties of a performance (there were times where you immediately tell it was Weaving - especially when he flicks the human away and goes 'Disgusting'), you still need all of that for the voice to work. If Welkers voice is too old (as is being suggested and reported) no amount of digital manipulation can change that, unless you go for a completely computerised voice which Megatron clearly didn't have, it had menace, it had character which wasn't just cliched evil.

In short, Welker just wasnt what the makers were looking for. Now, that may change for the 2nd movie and subsequent movies but Weaving gave the performance that Bay was looking for.

there were ways they coulda used frank, look what they did to orson wells

Orson Welles had much difficulty recording all his dialogue for the film and all his recorded lines also included labored breathing and heavy wheezing. Shin considered all of Welles' recorded lines to be unusable but decided to put the recordings through a voice synthesizer to give Welles' voice a clearer, more ominous tone. According to Shin, Unicron's onscreen voice is not the "true" Orson Welles but instead, an enhanced, synthesized version of his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    there were ways they coulda used frank, look what they did to orson wells

Orson Welles had much difficulty recording all his dialogue for the film and all his recorded lines also included labored breathing and heavy wheezing. Shin considered all of Welles' recorded lines to be unusable but decided to put the recordings through a voice synthesizer to give Welles' voice a clearer, more ominous tone. According to Shin, Unicron's onscreen voice is not the "true" Orson Welles but instead, an enhanced, synthesized version of his voice.
    But they still had the performance, the nuances, the subtlties. Welker may just not have been good enough (now, before people go nuts, I respect Frank Welker and think the guys a genius in the voiceover world) or he wasnt right for the character the makers had in mind. To me its like normal acting, you pick the guy you think is right for the part.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
    But they still had the performance, the nuances, the subtlties. Welker may just not have been good enough (now, before people go nuts, I respect Frank Welker and think the guys a genius in the voiceover world) or he wasnt right for the character the makers had in mind. To me its like normal acting, you pick the guy you think is right for the part.
    Agreed 100% !