Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 2

Default Transformers 2

Nelson here...

As the gears of Transformers 2 begin moving slowly, I wanna tell you some things...

• This time around, I won't confirm or deny rumors unless Michael ask me to do so.
    • Be careful on what source you base your expectations on.
    • He who says "I know the plot" or "I have a scoop" might be be telling the truth in a false way...or might be telling a lie in a truthful way.

The mere creation of this topic, in this sub-forum and the creation of the sub-forum itself to is a great sign. Good thing Nelson!

two simple requests for TF2 ...Soundwave voiced by Mr.Frank Welker & slow down a bit the fight sceens & transforming to we can actually see all the details
    Last edited by Soundwave; 10-03-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Well I like the look of things so far!

I hope Michael actually comes on the boards himself and updates us though

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    two simple requests for TF2 ...Soundwave voiced by Mr.Frank Welker & slow down a bit the fight sceens & transforming to we can actually see all the details
    Glad to see more of the Decepticon ranks joining the forums. Welcome!

Power to the Decepticon cause...FOREVER!

lol
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

.Soundwave voiced by Mr.Frank Welker
    Ain't going to happen. There was a reason he wasn't in the first movie.

Default Combiners

Hi All,
    I have been a Transformers fan since they came out in the early 80s, and was overjoyed when Michael Bay made this film adaptation that sparked up a wave of nostalgia for me! I have a question for T2: is there a chance we will see "Combiners" in this movie? I would guess that since Demolisher has made an appearance in T1, there wouldn't be a Constructicons-to-Devestator sequence in T2. How about Aerialbots-to-Superion or Protectobots-to-Defensor sequencing? If Michael Bay is considering using an Arcee character in T2 then the combiner concept would not be getting too far out of the timeline of the Transformer generation because Arcee's 1st appearance was in Transformers:The Movie. By that time the Autobots already had Aerialbots and Protectobots as combiner teams and the Decepticons had Constructicons, Stunticons, and the Combaticons groups. Technobots, Predacons, and Terracons didn't come until G2. Just curious!!!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by TillAllAreOne View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been a Transformers fan since they came out in the early 80s, and was overjoyed when Michael Bay made this film adaptation that sparked up a wave of nostalgia for me! I have a question for T2: is there a chance we will see "Combiners" in this movie? I would guess that since Demolisher has made an appearance in T1, there wouldn't be a Constructicons-to-Devestator sequence in T2. How about Aerialbots-to-Superion or Protectobots-to-Defensor sequencing? If Michael Bay is considering using an Arcee character in T2 then the combiner concept would not be getting too far out of the timeline of the Transformer generation because Arcee's 1st appearance was in Transformers:The Movie. By that time the Autobots already had Aerialbots and Protectobots as combiner teams and the Decepticons had Constructicons, Stunticons, and the Combaticons groups. Technobots, Predacons, and Terracons didn't come until G2. Just curious!!!

Michael
    1. this is not G1
    2. nothing has been decided
    3. anything is possible
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by TillAllAreOne View Post
    I have a question for T2: is there a chance we will see "Combiners" in this movie? I would guess that since Demolisher has made an appearance in T1,
    Michael
    Demolisher? you mean bonecrusher or devastator(tank).

I think you misspelled the title for this folder. Unless there's a monorail tie-in we're unaware of.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    I think you misspelled the title for this folder. Unless there's a monorail tie-in we're unaware of.
    lmao nice

...and so the journey to the screen begins...

Let's get the discussion and anticipation going!

I belive the reason for the "shaky" cameras during transformations was to cover up eventuall flaws in the animation. They've probably(hopefully?) improved the animations enough for the next movie in order to avoid the "shakyness".

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    I belive the reason for the "shaky" cameras during transformations was to cover up eventuall flaws in the animation. They've probably(hopefully?) improved the animations enough for the next movie in order to avoid the "shakyness".
    Perhaps it was intentional to some extent ? These are 30-40 foot tall robots slamming each other around and maybe Bay wanted to make you feel like you were really next to them.

As far as anything shaky in a car scene / chase well no technology can completely eliminate the vibrations and sudden stunts or movements of a vehicle so it was no big deal to me at all, it made it a little more intense for me as I thought I was a part of the whole fight or chase scene.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    Wrong...it's just Bay's syle.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Wrong...it's just Bay's syle.
    That's pretty much what I thought.
    Cool though.

I hope to see a man-made transformer in the future sequels.
    Sort of like Nightbird from G1 (though she's a non-transforming robot) or Zoom-Zoom from Transformers:Alternators.

please michael, please.

more robot sequences, the stage has been set. No need for long human plots.

why do human weapons hurt so bad? they didnt in Gen1

Soundwave! Dinobots! Constructicons!

PLEASE PLEASE do it right. loosen the shots a bit. couldnt see much of the action.

No more one liners...

thanks!

def loosen the shots...not so much shakiness i wanna see the bad ass action a bit more clearly...and more wide shots

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Ain't going to happen. There was a reason he wasn't in the first movie.
    After getting over my own disappointment, I can finally understand the logic behind Michael's decision to cast Hugo in favour of Frank - at least as far as Megatron is concerned. But what's wrong with Soundwave? His voice was already heavily distorted in the original cartoon. Michael can enhance or alter Frank's voice to his heart's content, and no TF fan would be offended. This time, not casting Frank actually would be pointless.

I'm just saying that Frank's involvement in the sequel wouldn't hurt the film, and it would be one last, cheerful little wink to much of the fanbase. His participation really does mean a lot to us.

But just as much as Welker's casting as the heavily-filtered Soundwave wouldn't hurt, he's also not essential at all because of that heavy filtering. I love Megatron's voice on the cartoon to death and I always will, and his recent apperance on Robot Chicken shows that he can still pull it off the same way he used to. But i'm cool with what we got from Hugo, and because Frank's Soundwave voice is just his Dr. Claw voice through a very strong vocoder, it's almost a waste to cast him just to do that. I won't complain at all if it happened. But I think the most important thing would be getting the effect right on whoever's voice they use if they do indeed have Soundwave in the sequel. The vocoder effect is what makes Soundwave's voice so memorable, where Frank's talent is what made the old Megatron's voice memorable.

As a side note, where'd you get that pic of Cullen holding the helmet in your avatar? Where can I find a high res version?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    As a side note, where'd you get that pic of Cullen holding the helmet in your avatar? Where can I find a high res version?
    Type in "Optimus Prime Peter Cullen" over at www.google.com. Make sure to click "Images" at the top left corner of the screen instead of the regular "Search" button. You should be able to find the picture on the second page of web results.

Is there a place to send in resumes or headshots for new characters in the new film? I am an actor and want to get on board on this one. I don't care if you have to pm me but please tell me where to send my information.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Is there a place to send in resumes or headshots for new characters in the new film? I am an actor and want to get on board on this one. I don't care if you have to pm me but please tell me where to send my information.
    You have to go through a casting agency in LA.

I erased your post in the "Ask Michael" section. This is not the place to ask for jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    After getting over my own disappointment, I can finally understand the logic behind Michael's decision to cast Hugo in favour of Frank - at least as far as Megatron is concerned. But what's wrong with Soundwave? His voice was already heavily distorted in the original cartoon. Michael can enhance or alter Frank's voice to his heart's content, and no TF fan would be offended. This time, not casting Frank actually would be pointless.

I'm just saying that Frank's involvement in the sequel wouldn't hurt the film, and it would be one last, cheerful little wink to much of the fanbase. His participation really does mean a lot to us.
    Frank was passed beacause just about everyone involved in the decision process thought his voice had not aged well. And if he was casted, then fandom would've complained--like Hugo Weaving fans did-- that his voice was altered to the point of not being recognizeable.