Thread: The Island Commentary- help!

Default The Island Commentary- help!

Hi there...

Maybe you guys could help me out.
    I have The Island dvd (in the european version!), I have downloaded the commentary link, I got it working but suddenly the player is acting as if it got some sort of spasm attack! And it just won't work. Do any of you guy have it "out there" to download? Because I hate when you purchase something and then something as cool as a commentary by Bay himself won't work!
    Last edited by Mr.J.T.; 10-02-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Got it working and then a new problem revealed itself.

Post Re: The Island Commentary- help!

This stupid player software on the DVD was bugging me, too. Dumbest software solution Ive seen in a long time, since the commentary track is not mixed with the rest of the soundtrack and as a result one can barely hear what Michael Bay is saying.

Fortunately, the commentary is actually just an mp3 file included in the The_Island_-_Global_PAL_Patch.exe file that you downloaded using the link on the DVD. You can extract it by following these simple steps:

1.) unzip The_Island_-_Global_PAL_Patch.exe (yes it works, I used stuffit expander on mac os 10.6)

2.) inside the unzipped folder go to: win > setup > cabinets > TheIsland_Global_PAL_Patch.cab

3.) unzip TheIsland_Global_PAL_Patch.cab (again, I used stuffit expander)

4.) inside the unzipped folder go to: InterActual Player > patches > whv > 10000000000015000325 > theisland > win > lang > en > commentary > TheIsland_PAL.mp3

5.) enjoy : )

Note:
    If you want to listen to the commentary while watching a PAL Blu-Ray of The Island you have to download the Latin America, Taiwan, Hong Kong (NTSC) file, because contrary to the PAL DVD there is the u.s. version of the movie (which is about 5 min. longer) on the PAL Blu-Ray.

Default Re: The Island Commentary- help!

I have the Europe version too and have the same problem.
    And the commentary wont work on a mac.

How did you go about that?

And is it possible to just get the link to the commentary track itself?

So in Europe the commentary is seperate from the disc? O_O That's nuts. I'm sort of watching the movie right now (just looking for Alex Carter's parts...will watch it proper this weekend with my UMD version). I've never watched it with the commentary, but it's included on my disc (NTSC).

I hope they eventually get you guys a copy with that included! Makes for a better collector's item that way

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Spruebox, you should definitely watch the movie with the commentary - Bay tells a story about this prince, and what he has in his personal 747.

It will shock you...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Spruebox, you should definitely watch the movie with the commentary - Bay tells a story about this prince, and what he has in his personal 747.

It will shock you...
    I'll def be doing that sometime. I watched the making of thing...poor camera LOL