Thread: Michael: Please don't recast Prime's voice!

Default Michael: Please don't recast Prime's voice!

Michael,

I know there's very little chance that you'll do this, but I wanted to address the possibility anyway.

Peter Cullen was the perfect (and perhaps only) bridge between the classic incarnation of TRANSFORMERS and its rebirth in 2007. In terms of the role, Peter Cullen brought a warmth and heart to Optimus Prime that wouldn't have been felt if a more "studio-friendly" actor had been hired. Only Peter has the ability to balance authority and tenderness at different intervals so beautifully. Simply put, when Optimus speaks, we want to follow him - TRANSFORMER geeks and regular audience members alike.

It went beyond fuzzy nostalgia; Cullen's presence helped the movie in so many ways, and it didn't affect the box office in a negative way either. Lose every other familiar facet of the TRANSFORMERS universe if you need to, but please don't lose him.

Thanks for putting up with my fanboy rant. I try to keep them to a minimum.

Default Re: Michael: Please don't recast Prime's voice!

speaking of voices, IF they bring back megs, they should use the original voice actor, because he would have to be rebuilt and blahdy blah you all get the picture. but still its a thought
    "me grimlock know all about petro-rabbits!! want to hear good part!!"

why even address it....it's asinine to even remotely think there would be a possibility of it happening O_o

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    Michael,

I know there's very little chance that you'll do this, but I wanted to address the possibility anyway.

Peter Cullen was the perfect (and perhaps only) bridge between the classic incarnation of TRANSFORMERS and its rebirth in 2007. In terms of the role, Peter Cullen brought a warmth and heart to Optimus Prime that wouldn't have been felt if a more "studio-friendly" actor had been hired. Only Peter has the ability to balance authority and tenderness at different intervals so beautifully. Simply put, when Optimus speaks, we want to follow him - TRANSFORMER geeks and regular audience members alike.

It went beyond fuzzy nostalgia; Cullen's presence helped the movie in so many ways, and it didn't affect the box office in a negative way either. Lose every other familiar facet of the TRANSFORMERS universe if you need to, but please don't lose him.

Thanks for putting up with my fanboy rant. I try to keep them to a minimum.
    What makes you think Prime's voice is going to be recast for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by junkion6995 View Post
    speaking of voices, IF they bring back megs, they should use the original voice actor, because he would have to be rebuilt and blahdy blah you all get the picture. but still its a thought
    Haven't you learned why Mr. Bay chose not to cast Frank Welker as Megatron? He decided that Welker's voice coudn't wit the new figure and nature of this New Megatron. He decided that Asking Welker to change the Megatron voice would offend the fandom, which is why he cast Hugo Weaving to do the voice. I ask every one else, would they prefer to have Welker in the TF movie but have his voice altered from the Cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    why even address it....it's asinine to even remotely think there would be a possibility of it happening O_o
    Paranoia....

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Paranoia....
    That, and Hollywood politics.

You know the old saying: Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by MitP; 03-18-2008 at 01:44 PM.

my opinion no offence, waste of time to speculate ...
    First salvo is mine!

It's already been confirmed that Peter Cullen signed on for "multiple" Transformers films.

As for Megatron...bring in David Kaye. Give him a shot at Megatron!

so, we are on voice actors again..... great.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    so, we are on voice actors again..... great.
    "If you wish a thread to die, don't reply."

"If you wish a thread to die, don't reply."

it's partly us not wishing it to die...but pointing out the temporary stupidity of an individual is always a plus

it's partly us not wishing it to die...but pointing out the temporary stupidity of an individual is always a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992 View Post
    What makes you think Prime's voice is going to be recast for some reason

Haven't you learned why Mr. Bay chose not to cast Frank Welker as Megatron? He decided that Welker's voice coudn't wit the new figure and nature of this New Megatron. He decided that Asking Welker to change the Megatron voice would offend the fandom, which is why he cast Hugo Weaving to do the voice. I ask every one else, would they prefer to have Welker in the TF movie but have his voice altered from the Cartoon?
    oh, I didn't know that, it was just a thought anyway
    "me grimlock know all about petro-rabbits!! want to hear good part!!"

Guys, if I could lock the thread down, I would.
    Last edited by MitP; 04-01-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Guys, if I could lock the thread down, I would.
    Ask a mod to do it for ya.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Couldn't Bay have just fit the Megatron to Frank Welker instead? Then Optimus could kick his ass maybe

Which brings me to another thought. If Optimus is suddenly able to kick a revived Megatron's ass or Galvatron's in Transformers 2, it might just seem as though they are weaker than Optimus. It's already been established that Optimus is weaker than Megatron in Transformers 1. So a rematch against Megatron/Galvatron where Optimus wins would be like, 'Oh, so Megatron/Galvatron was just weaker than Optimus this time around... Whoop de doo'.

I think Optimus needs to go through some kind of transformation where he comes out stronger than the last movie so he can kick some Decepticon leader ass.

Does this even make sense?
    Last edited by Bad Robot; 04-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.

LOOK: We already know that 'ol Peter Cullen is signed on to do the sequel! Michael said on the audio commentary during the movie about Cullen to the fans "You guys were right the whole time."

Well, if we're going to go down that road, I guess pointing out the temporary dickness of an individual isn't a crime either.

Well, if we're going to go down that road, I guess pointing out the temporary dickness of an individual isn't a crime either.
    indeed it is not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Couldn't Bay have just fit the Megatron to Frank Welker instead? Then Optimus could kick his ass maybe

Which brings me to another thought. If Optimus is suddenly able to kick a revived Megatron's ass or Galvatron's in Transformers 2, it might just seem as though they are weaker than Optimus. It's already been established that Optimus is weaker than Megatron in Transformers 1. So a rematch against Megatron/Galvatron where Optimus wins would be like, 'Oh, so Megatron/Galvatron was just weaker than Optimus this time around... Whoop de doo'.

I think Optimus needs to go through some kind of transformation where he comes out stronger than the last movie so he can kick some Decepticon leader ass.

Does this even make sense?
    I was against using Hugo at first but he sounded great in the movie. "Oh so unwise" just gave me chills. If you get the 2 disk DVD with the features on it Bay explains it. He even overlaps a clip from Welker with Megatron. You can really see how bad it would of sounded.