Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Wow...Transformers didnt win.

Default Re: Wow...Transformers didnt win.

Quote Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
    It's almost two months later and I'm STILL angry that Golden Compass stole the FX Oscar from Transformers... Fighting polar bears my arse...

Anyone know if Mr. Bay was peeved that TF was robbed of Best Visual FX and at least one Sound award?
    I doubt that Bay has been phased by it. but I agree CGI polar bears FTL
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    Gonnorrhea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Herpes, HIV/AIDS, genital warts and cancer caused by HPV, crabs, and many other health problems. Also there is unwanted pregnancy, abortion, and moral decay.
    MY EYES, MY EYES!!

Damaged for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    MY EYES, MY EYES!!

Damaged for life!
    as you should be

Banned

Gonnorrhea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Herpes, HIV/AIDS, genital warts and cancer caused by HPV, crabs, and many other health problems. Also there is unwanted pregnancy, abortion, and moral decay.
    Sounds like either someone isn't getting any or is simply just a hater.... Here's what I think about it...
    10 Things About SEX

1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
    2. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.
    3. Lovemaking can burn up those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner.
    4. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and tones up just about every muscle in the body. Itís more enjoyable than swimming 20 laps, and you donít need special sneakers!
    5. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being.
    6. The more sex you have, the more you will be offered. The sexually active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!
    7 . Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. IT IS 10 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN VALIUM.
    8. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
    9. Sex actually relieves headaches. A lovemaking session can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
    10. A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
    Bottom Line: Sex is not just good, itís good for you! Have more sex!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Sounds like either someone isn't getting any or is simply just a hater.... Here's what I think about it...
    10 Things About SEX

1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
    2. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.
    3. Lovemaking can burn up those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner.
    4. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and tones up just about every muscle in the body. Itís more enjoyable than swimming 20 laps, and you donít need special sneakers!
    5. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being.
    6. The more sex you have, the more you will be offered. The sexually active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!
    7 . Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. IT IS 10 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN VALIUM.
    8. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
    9. Sex actually relieves headaches. A lovemaking session can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
    10. A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
    Bottom Line: Sex is not just good, itís good for you! Have more sex!
    actually, My last girlfriend most likely broke up with me cause I wouldn't have sex with her. not sure though. Anyways, I just believe that in this day in age sex is too casual. many problems can be traced back to sex, including, poverty, over population, disease, stupid people breading, I am sure others.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against sex, as long as it is with a partner. And by partner I mean someone you plan to be with, at the very least, a very very very long time. I came close to having sex with my last girlfriend, but looking back, I am so freaking glad I didn't.

Chivalry isn't dead ladies! Not all guys are trying to get into your pants.

on a personal note, my sister is having a second child. She really can't afford the first on. she was committed to the hospital last week for a postpartum depression break down (she was on drugs at the time) needless to say, she doesn't have custody of my niece at the moment. so yeah sex isn't her only problem, but defiantly didn't help her in one way, let alone ten. I could tell you more horror stories of sex, but I feel I have already diverted to far for the topic already.

Banned

actually, My last girlfriend most likely broke up with me cause I wouldn't have sex with her. not sure though. Anyways, I just believe that in this day in age sex is too casual. many problems can be traced back to sex, including, poverty, over population, disease, stupid people breading, I am sure others.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against sex, as long as it is with a partner. And by partner I mean someone you plan to be with, at the very least, a very very very long time. I came close to having sex with my last girlfriend, but looking back, I am so freaking glad I didn't.

Chivalry isn't dead ladies! Not all guys are trying to get into your pants.

on a personal note, my sister is having a second child. She really can't afford the first on. she was committed to the hospital last week for a postpartum depression break down (she was on drugs at the time) needless to say, she doesn't have custody of my niece at the moment. so yeah sex isn't her only problem, but defiantly didn't help her in one way, let alone ten. I could tell you more horror stories of sex, but I feel I have already diverted to far for the topic already.
    I wasn't referring to doing it casually but yes with one you plan on being with for the rest of your life. I think the problem with your sister is the drugs. Drugs do more damage to a person than sex can ever do. Most of those diseases came around because of doing drugs. And sex while doing drugs is just well ... stupid.

Chivalry for the most part is in the past. Even chivalrous knights still had sex with the maiden (behind scenes). You'd see their boldness, their dexterity, their triumphant gazes of clutching the princess from the evil magistrates and perhaps hear about their interlocked gazes and kisses of passion.. But you have to know that after all was said and done, they were going to the boom boom room.

In any regards, it just comes down to stupid people. So.. dont' be stupid and have lots of sex.. and enjoy.

Oh yeah.. Transformers didn't win any oscars.. ok.. so since this thread has pretty much died on the whole oscars thing since its been a while since all that happened now... is this a change of subject or are people still actually discussing it?

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    I have lost ALL faith in the academy. Wow....truly...wow. Honestly...that won? I'm turning this shit off. Honestly...Golden Compass had the worst effects of all 3. I wouldn't have been pissed if Pirates won...but Golden Compass....fuck that.
    No shit...

Last edited by drdr47; 06-18-2008 at 12:44 PM.

I will admit that I would have like to see Transformers take the award, but I don't think that most of the people bashing the decision of the academy realize that it's a vote. The academy consists of a large number of people who vote. It's not like there are 12 guys sitting in a room making all the decisions. It depends on how the votes go.

How is the Academy got so many things right this year and completely and utterly fucked the pooch on this?!

Quick cuts? Don't care. Transformers may not have the best story, best acting or even a coherent plot but it's a landmark film because it's the new standard in VFX. Golden Compass looked like something I'd play on a PS3. If that's the case, just award this year's VFX Award to Metal Gear Solid 4.

This was robbing the cradle in broad daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post
    How is the Academy got so many things right this year and completely and utterly fucked the pooch on this?!

Quick cuts? Don't care. Transformers may not have the best story, best acting or even a coherent plot but it's a landmark film because it's the new standard in VFX. Golden Compass looked like something I'd play on a PS3. If that's the case, just award this year's VFX Award to Metal Gear Solid 4.

This was robbing the cradle in broad daylight.
    Hey hey now, keep MGS4 out of this!

Banned

The Academy can suck my di... there full of SHIT!!!!!!!

Dude, they gave the matrix best visual effects and sound design over SW Episode 1 in 99, :wtf

It's all who you know and if they like you! If not, dont matter how great your work is, they tend to ignore it. BASTARDS

Maybe the Academy felt that they needed to give the award to an entertaining film. That's why Transformers lost.

Quote Originally Posted by James Ballard Jr. View Post
    Maybe the Academy felt that they needed to give the award to an entertaining film. That's why Transformers lost.

I agree with all of you. You think of a movie with good VFX, and you name films like TF, POTC, 300, but Golden Compass??????? :wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf
    Woot they made fur look more real!!!!! Woopdie fukin do.

Quote Originally Posted by highdefw View Post
    I agree with all of you. You think of a movie with good VFX, and you name films like TF, POTC, 300, but Golden Compass??????? :wtf:wtf
    Woot they made fur look more real!!!!! Woopdie fukin do.
    Too me they looked like Coca-Cola bears. It's quite a shame how the fact that Ironhide's cannons alone had over 10,000 CGI parts, yet this still gets passed for talking polar bears.:deadhorse1:

I just watched Golden Compass and it deserves the win more than TF. If any of you'd learn more about animation and cg then you'd realize that. Just because the robots had more moving parts it doesn't deserve a win, or it was something we've never seen before(which it wasn't). There is no life in the TF robots and it is a lot easier to make metal in cg than it is organic life. Plus there is a ton of dust effects in GC which is one of the hardest things to do in cg. The movie is also beautiful to watch with all the different environments. So pull your head out of your TF biased ass and look with new eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    So pull your head out of your TF biased ass and look with new eyes.
    Ummm, who are you calling biased? I may love Transformers, but I am also an intelligent human being. I'm am in no way one of those asses that say "oh cuz it's Transformers". No, I believed TF deserved it because what I perceive as great special effects may not how you perceive it. You think Golden Compass deserved it? That's fine with with me. But I am not biased. You think I loved the 1986 TF movie "cuz it was Transformers"? No, I thought it sucked horribly. So don't ever call me biased.

And for your information, I find my hide quarters quite homey for my head thank you very much.

(Okay you know what people? This is ridiculous. Golden Compass won an now lets accept it, screw the Academy. Mods I think this thread could use a nice lock.)
    Last edited by Trailbreaker; 07-25-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Ummm, who are you calling biased? I may love Transformers, but I am also an intelligent human being. I'm am in no way one of those asses that say "oh cuz it's Transformers". No, I believed TF deserved it because what I perceive as great special effects may not how you perceive it. You think Golden Compass deserved it? That's fine with with me. But I am not biased. You think I loved the 1986 TF movie "cuz it was Transformers"? No, I thought it sucked horribly. So don't ever call me biased.

And for your information, I find my hide quarters quite homey for my head thank you very much.

(Okay you know what people? This is ridiculous. Golden Compass won an now lets accept it, screw the Academy. Mods I think this thread could use a nice lock.)
    I quite agree.
    Freedom of speech is great and all, but say it polite or don't say it at all.
    Please call me Ditto.

I didn't single you out. Geez, you think everyone who post in a forum is after you? Chill out.

Sorry, your post sounded like you were talking to one person and seeing that I was the previous person to post before you, yeah.

And yes, I am a little emo.

Totally agree.
    Softball is life.

Wow....Transformers didn't win?

I fell asleep during GC

yeah....this thread could safely be deleted!

To quote a line from a favorite movie of mine:

"It's All Bullshit! All of it!"

Just ignore devastator. hes always hatin' eveyone.