Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamworks denies they're ready for TF2????

Default Dreamworks denies they're ready for TF2????

I just copied and pasted this from another forum but perhaps someone can shed some light on this:

Dreamworks Contradicts Michael Bay's Statements on Status of TF2?

Statements made by Transformers Movie director Michael Bay in recent weeks in regards to the Transformers Movie sequel are being contradicted by recent statements by Dreamworks Studio, signaling that production on the film's sequel may not be moving along as was previously stated.

Michael Bay had declared earlier that character designs had been finalized, a script template had been completed and that Bay himself had written 60 pages of an outline - but now, according to an article by MTV news, Dreamworks is reporting that the project status has not been updated, and that no production office has even been set up yet for the film's sequel.

Default Re: Dreamworks denies they're ready for TF2????

Blast!!!...another Jedi Mind trick

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

i think he just said he was ready

Let the haze of confusion continue....

here is the link

It's MTV though, not exactly known for their journalistic skills. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Let the haze of confusion continue....

here is the link

It's MTV though, not exactly known for their journalistic skills. Who knows?

i believe its dreamworks trying to be on the safe side of things. not wanting to release a lot of info for potential legal issues etc.

and prehaps bay is also trying to stir up some excitement among the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    i believe its dreamworks trying to be on the safe side of things. not wanting to release a lot of info for potential legal issues etc.

and prehaps bay is also trying to stir up some excitement among the fandom.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Oh really???? Is that why 20 people in production are in my office right now, another 20 art designers another location, scouts in two countries, one back east??? Don't ever bet against me in making my date - June 2009!

Michael

thats f'n funny! I was about to say we should not believe anything until we hear from Bay himself, and there he is

sounds f'n great Bay, can't wait, you did an amazing job with the first, gracias for returning to do the 2nd, much appreciated.

It would of just not been the same with someone else doing it...

I'm extremely happy to hear that the project is going on. Keep up the amazing work!

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

actually beej R-type and i were betting. he said no way in hell bay would make the date june first to coincide with my birthday like a great director would. I said BAY WOULD BECAUSE HE LOVES US ALL. so you are wrong. there was a bet. if i win R is going to dress up as biz markie and sing the vapors. if he wins i have to wear that damn helmet and make a youtube video. It doesnt sound bad but R insisted on it being just the helmet

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Oh really???? Is that why 20 people in production are in my office right now, another 20 art designers another location, scouts in two countries, one back east??? Don't ever bet against me in making my date - June 2009!

Michael
    From the fingers of the man himself!

I really enjoy the fact you are pushing to make your date. That's admirable. A lot of directors would have given up given the circumstances (i.e. writer's strike...) but you're dedicated.

Can't wait to see what TF2 looks like!
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Wait.. I reread your post. Scouts in two countries, one back east.. Could there possibly be a new Asian character(s)!?

I was almost given a heart attack in excitement.

I'm so ready for June to be here! ha

June won't be here quick enough--- I wonder if they have locations picked up already--- that or somebody down in AZ has an exact replica of Ironhide---yep--Autobot logo on the tailgate too! Driving on I-10 this past weekend!!
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    actually beej R-type and i were betting. he said no way in hell bay would make the date june first to coincide with my birthday like a great director would. I said BAY WOULD BECAUSE HE LOVES US ALL. so you are wrong. there was a bet. if i win R is going to dress up as biz markie and sing the vapors. if he wins i have to wear that damn helmet and make a youtube video. It doesnt sound bad but R insisted on it being just the helmet
    "Oh baby you, you got what I neeeeed!"

Michael
    *post explodes*

Great news!

Banned

Michael
    All I got to say is you are the best!!! I so cant wait to see Soundwave in action

hmm id only b pushing to make the date if it meant the film didnt suffer
    too many bad sequels coz they rushed it all

wat are scouts used for??

Michael

haha...very funny there...so i guess you and dreamworks don't communicate much on what's going on in production. as long as the movie is being made, that is the issue.
    scouts in two countries?? please say australia is one of them. or are you looking into filming some crazy stuff in europe or asia....
    June 2009 it is! please come to Australia again for a premier!! that day was one of the highlights of my life when TF opened in Sydney.

This is Michael Bay we're talking about... If something goes f'up with 1 of is movies, he's the first one to let us know...

What does MTV know anyway...

sweet!

I'm so glad I made this thread , so that we can hear it from the man himself.

Sounds like they got the ball rolling. I wonder what those Dreamworks reps or MTV rather was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MR BLU View Post
    This is Michael Bay we're talking about... If something goes f'up with 1 of is movies, he's the first one to let us know...

What does MTV know anyway...
    Dude, seriously. Their "source" wasn't quoted or even named. Could be a damned intern on the phone for all they know. I didn't believe it for a second.

I would never, ever bet against Michael Bay.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    June won't be here quick enough--- I wonder if they have locations picked up already--- that or somebody down in AZ has an exact replica of Ironhide---yep--Autobot logo on the tailgate too! Driving on I-10 this past weekend!!
    I believe the factory for GMC that designed the truck is willing to make exact replicas of the truck.. I had an article about it at one time that I found online. I believe the truck was going for somewhere around $200,000. One of the downfalls is that it only gets about 6 miles to the gallon.

I think it was in this article somewhere.. sorry.. not taking the time at the moment to fully research it, but I may get back to it later...

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...ick/index.html

My bad.. I just found the article. and I guess its $81,232 and a company called Monroe Trucking Equipment will build it for you.

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/nauman/category/gmc/
    Last edited by Smokescreen_5; 02-15-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    I believe the factory for GMC that designed the truck is willing to make exact replicas of the truck.. I had an article about it at one time that I found online. I believe the truck was going for somewhere around $200,000. One of the downfalls is that it only gets about 6 miles to the gallon.

I think it was in this article somewhere.. sorry.. not taking the time at the moment to fully research it, but I may get back to it later...

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...ick/index.html

My bad.. I just found the article. and I guess its $81,232 and a company called Monroe Trucking Equipment will build it for you.

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/nauman/category/gmc/
    Hay thanks for that info Smoke. Now if they can make me a Starscream replica that would be the shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Dude, seriously. Their "source" wasn't quoted or even named. Could be a damned intern on the phone for all they know. I didn't believe it for a second.

I would never, ever bet against Michael Bay.
    QFT

MTV sucks! I wouldn't trust any news they put out. They're the gossip magazine of news. At least G4 uses words like rumor, maybe, might, or likely to happen.