Thread: Transformers 2 Trailer (fan made)

Default Transformers 2 Trailer (fan made)

heres 2 of my fan made trailers for Transformers 2...hope u like them...and once you've watched them, tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suZ5JeemoPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUvClMiekM

Default Re: Transformers 2 Trailer (fan made)

Not bad, creative. I think the voices need work, applying Hugotron's voice to Starscream was a clever idea, but didn't really work. Soundwave's voice was awful but I liked the royal blue Bonecrusher transformation you applied.
    An idea does not exist until acted upon.

The first one's not so bad, but The Unicron trailer can't really work without true Galvatron CGI. I agree, the Soundwave voice was poorly delivered
    Last edited by Dinobot3992; 02-22-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Truthfully, I don't see any difference between these and all the other "Transformer 2 Trailers" on youtube. anything else I could say would just hurt my reputation of being a nice guy.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Started off good, but just some constructive criticisml; don't take key money shots from the first movie and put them in this trailer. Shots such as Bonecrusher tackling Prime in Slow-Mo and Ironhide diving with guns blazing is highly recognizable from the first movie. All the other shots aren't as obvious.

I'm more impressed with casting calls then these spliced clips of tf 1 with new voices dubbed in and a mention of sound wave.but thats just my opinion.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

Bad use of X-Ray Dog music. Choppy editing. Meh.
    Sfath is Coming!

nice... hey, how did ya do the blue format on Bonecrusher I mean "Soundwave"? Sorry, just trying to remember names.

well i used vegas movie studio and it has effects that can change the color of the video...thats all i did

Banned

I wonder if anybody creating these trailers realize that they can be sued by Paramount or Dreamworks for putting their logos up when they weren't given permission to do so in the first place. I rather wish people would leave the trailers to the actual film producers. It's rather tacky seeing the fan made trailers. Now if it was for some contest or festival.. then by all means go for it. Otherwise, I'm not that impressed with 'em.

What's the name of the music used for the first trailer?

its called "Gothic Power" by Immediate Music

Wow,
    I find it amazing how everyone suddenly becomes a bunch of professional critics towards someone else's work when in truth none of you critics even made anything worth criticizing. Give the kid a break, he is 17 years old and I am sure with limited resources. He tried, what have you done lately?

A. Duarte, I think you did a fine job. Keep at it, kid, in 10 years YOU will be Michael Bay.

Michael J.
    Last edited by easywriter; 02-26-2008 at 12:04 PM.

I'll admit being critical.

Dinobot,
    you sound like an expert with all of that stuff. I have no idea what in hell you guys are talking about, . I am a writer, that what I do, thats all I do. I have no desire to direct, you need an ego for that. I am in love with words, the fact that I can create a visual with 26 letters and some punctuation still baffles me. I love the fact that others who cant write as well as I do can take what I wrote and with 50 creative people make something the whole damn world is willing to spend 10 bucks to go see. A MOVIE.

THIS is what I dream about, THIS is why I am up till 1 or 2 AM most days working on my script. Draft 8 got to a Hollywood producer who liked it and wants changes made. Working on draft 9 now. Wish me luck.

Michael J.
    "real life awesome Verizon FiOS guy"
    "If not now, when?"

Default I write therefore I am

EXT. MANHATTAN SKYLINE -- DAY
    It is a beautiful morning and the sky is clear and cloudless.
    INT. OFFICE -- SAME
    Through a WINDOW high above ground we see much of the same view. ED, 20s, moves into frame, stares out the window awed by the view.
    ED
    Holy crap!! The birds are flying BELOW us.
    JIM, 40s, Ed's boss steps into frame. He hands him a manilla envelope.
    JIM
    Okay Mr. "new guy," run this to the mail room ASAP.
    Ed runs off, smiles at JENNIE as he makes his way past.
    Jim turns, reaches for his coffee that Jennie was carrying to him. Her eyes widen as she gasps...
    ...the CUP FALLS from her hand...
    ...SPLATTERS on the floor and Jim's shoes..
    CU on her face -- PURE HORROR.
    INT. THE ELEVATOR -- SAME
    Bell RINGS announcing the approach of the 1st floor. Ed's perpetual smile morphs to a grimace when...
    ..the elevator ROCKS violently. Ed is bounced off the walls and falls to the floor.
    The doors open as the lights flicker ominously.
    INT. THE OFFICE -- SAME
    The office is in flames. People scramble over each other and scattered burning furniture to get to the exit doors.
    Jennie is trapped between a gaping hole where the window used to be and the encroaching flames. Jim slashes at the flames with his jacket trying to reach her. It's no use.
    Jennie and Jim's EYES reach out to each to each other, lock in a final stare. She smiles, nods her head "no," looks behind her at the city below through the gaping hole.
    Jim's SCREAMS are drowned by the pandemonium around him as Jennie closes her eyes...
    ...allows herself to fall backwards out the hole just as the flames engulf where she was standing.
    SMASH CUT TO:
    INT. LOBBY ON 1ST FLOOR -- SAME
    ED
    Jennie! Oh my God!
    He runs back towards the elevator but is broadsided by a BURLY GUARD. He pushes the man back but is overpowered.
    BURLY GUARD
    We have to evacuate, NOW!
    Ed and the guard seem locked in a MACABRE WALTZ, Ed trying to get around the guard and the guard thwarting his moves.
    PULL BACK as the lobby is engulfed by the panicked throng. Ed and the guard disappear among them.
    ED (V.O.)
    Jennieeeee...
    EXT. TOWER ONE -- MOMENTS LATER
    The CROWDS burst through the doors as DEBRIS floats and swirls around them from above.
    FACES in the crowd rush towards us-- shoving, pushing and full of PANIC.
    OFF SCREEN the deafening ROAR of a large airplane screaming towards us.
    "If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    Truthfully, I don't see any difference between these and all the other "Transformer 2 Trailers" on youtube. anything else I could say would just hurt my reputation of being a nice guy.
    AND THATS WHY WE LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU! ^_^ haha

thats pretty cool, easywriter...and thanks for the positives....they mean a lot!

Default Dont give up your dreams...

I'm in my 40s kid, my buddies think I am nuts and that it (selling my script) will never happen. Ya know what, I see guys in Ferrarris that are well over 50, they still look pretty damn cool to me, if it takes me that long or longer, I'm not giving up, neither should you. There are a million talented people in the US and you and I are not just competing against guys like us (the good wanna bees), we are competing against those already there. Keep that in mind next time you are working on something.
    Good luck, stay focused.
    Michael

http://hometown.aol.com/vetb882/ << I am a better racer in my 40s that I was in my 20s. Smarter, faster without taking as much risks. Even won a championship at age 40. I am a better writer than I was when I made the switch from motorsport journalism to screenwriting 5 years ago, and I will be even better 5 years from now.

"Spirit life is the true reality, life is the dream. "
    "If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by easywriter View Post
    Wow,
    I find it amazing how everyone suddenly becomes a bunch of professional critics towards someone else's work when in truth none of you critics even made anything worth criticizing. Give the kid a break, he is 17 years old and I am sure with limited resources. He tried, what have you done lately?

A. Duarte, I think you did a fine job. Keep at it, kid, in 10 years YOU will be Michael Bay.

Michael J.
    First off, everyone is a critic. If you don't accept that, life as an artist will be hard. (if it wasn't hard enough already). Secondly, you would be hard pressed to find someone on this board that is not an artist.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...read.php?t=107
    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=1218
    (also, there is more art at the old forum. A lot of Transformer fan art there)

Now, as for the reason I was so "negative." ADuarte03's first post on this board, was him showing off his stuff. Not only do I think that it is rude, I also consider it SPAM. Thats not to say ADuarte03 shouldn't have posted this. I just think a member of a forum should become more of an active member before posting art.

Now, as for the subject of this thread. there are many "Transformers 2 trailers" out there, and I don't think these two are much different. I could say good things about them, but why should I? ADuarte03 has shown no desire as of yet to be a contributing member of this board. Now if ADarte03 had posted a few time in existing threads, I would be more inclined on encouraging his work.

I say this to ADuarte03. I have nothing against you or what you have done. In fact, I did the same back in Tech as an editing exercise. ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=N3P-0BTjhu4 ) I hope you do become a contributing member of this forum. Understand that from my view point, your first post, it seems like the only interest you have in being here, is to show your 2 videos. I personally don't think that is a good reason to join a forum.

P.S. If I care about someone's work, I am going to say something bad about it. If you don't tell people what you find wrong with there stuff, that is like saying you don't want them to grow in there talent. We learn from our mistakes. If you care, you will point them out. it's easy to say "that's nice."
    Last edited by uraydo; 02-28-2008 at 05:02 AM.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

First off, everyone is a critic. If you don't accept that, life as an artist will be hard. (if it wasn't hard enough already). Secondly, you would be hard pressed to find someone on this board that is not an artist.

Now, as for the reason I was so "negative." ADuarte03's first post on this board, was him showing off his stuff. Not only do I think that it is rude, I also consider it SPAM. Thats not to say ADuarte03 shouldn't have posted this. I'm just think a member of a forum should become more of an active member before posting art.

Now, as for the subject of this thread. there are many "Transformers 2 trailers" out there, and I don't think these two are much different. I could say good things about them, but why should I? ADuarte03 has shown no desire as of yet to be a contributing member of this board. Now if ADarte03 had posted a few time in existing threads, I would be more inclined on encouraging his work.

I say this to ADuarte03. I have nothing against you or what you have done. In fact, I did the same back in Tech as an editing exercise. ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=N3P-0BTjhu4 ) I hope you do become a contributing member of this forum. Understand that from my view point, your first post, it seems like the only interest you have in being here, is to show your 2 videos. I personally don't think that is a good reason to join a forum.

P.S. If I care about someone's work, I am going to say something bad about it. If you don't tell people what you find wrong with there stuff, that is like saying you don't want them to grow in there talent. We learn from our mistakes. If you care, you will point them out. it's easy to say "that's nice."
    easywriter has just been significantly pwned!

Uraydo,
    Thanks for qualifying that. I am not that versed in netiquette so I learned something from you about posting as well.

As an artist like yourself I have had my share of, "make it sexier" "it needs more of an edge"...what edge? On the blade of the knife I want to trhust at people (usually not artistic) with money who hold our lives in their hands?

Its such an ethereal thing, art... it cant be quanitfied, cant be broken down and analyzed or proved in a formula. Many say art is us reaching out to God... I disagree, I think art is God reaching out to us. Those of us who are sensitive to the heavenly airwaves pick op on things and they come back to us in out art. on a trip back from Maryleand covering a round of the motocros nationals, I stopped in a Denny's for dinner and was drawn to a elderly couple who sat eating chocolate sundaes and for the 25 minutes I waited for my table, they never said a word. I coudlnt let them go wondering whay arent they speaking then it hit me in a poem, they have said everything a couple could possibly say in all the years they had been together. I will post the poem if you want to read it.

I'm about to check out your videos. Looking forward to it.
    Michael
    "If not now, when?"

Now, as for the reason I was so "negative." ADuarte03's first post on this board, was him showing off his stuff. Not only do I think that it is rude, I also consider it SPAM. Thats not to say ADuarte03 shouldn't have posted this. I just think a member of a forum should become more of an active member before posting art.

What burns me more than that is when people join the forum just to ask Michael Bay a question (which apparently never gets answered) then leave forever.

Hmm,

good point dude. He is too busy making movies. I dont think MB is prowling the forums every day, once in a while maybe. Besides, the hackers are not the ones you want to stick around anyway.

Thug: "So, why are you so pissed?"
    Kid: "Joey Badabing owes me twenty bucks. Every time I see him he runs off."
    Thug: "If you ask me, thats how much it cost you to never see his ugly mug again."

So ya see, just like "Cologero," clowns who aint in for the haul we dont need anyway.

Keep on rocking in the free world, brah,
    MJ
    "If not now, when?"

Concept was good, nice effort. Creativity is something needed in that, add other footage from other movies. There is plenty of movies that have robot footage and explosions: Terminator 2 and 3 can provide you with alot of footage, Robots and others, search.

X-ray Dog music, you need to use music that hasn't been heard before, and X-ray Dog has plenty of it man, go on torrents and download all there newer albums man, there is ton of music that hasn't been heard in trailers yet and can defidently kick ass.
    "Consumers have clearly chosen Blu-ray, and we believe that recognizing this preference is the right step in making this great home entertainment experience accessible to the widest possible audience," said Kevin Tsujihara