Thread: The Music Store. (s)

Default The Music Store. (s)

Yea so this is one part griping and another part curious investigation.

Two albums were released today that I wanted to pick up. Sheryl Crow's Detours & Lenny Kravitz's Love Revolution.

So I went down to my local Target you know people. And I grabbed them. But something didn't seem right cause i know there should be 15 tracks on Detours according to iTunes, where i first previewed the albums. I bought them anyway.

Sure enough I'm here looking at iTunes again, and BOTH albums are 1 track short of the iTunes album list. To kick my dog while they are at it, the missing tracks are not purchase-able unless you buy the whole album from iTunes...

Which i don't want to do. If I'm buying a whole album, I prefer to have the actual CD copy. While I've bought itunes tracks before, its only a single where i just wanted that one song.

Now the Kravitz album is part of iTunes Plus. So that slightly better, but still not enough to convince me. Sheryl Crow's album is not. Definitely don't want that now that every other digital store out there is going DRM free. The record labels are giving Jobs the F U on this one, but thats for another topic.

So i'm kinda wondering if maybe the tracks are hidden and just not listed on the covers. Or what's more likely, this is a marketing ploy to get people to buy the itunes album.

I'm pretty freaking sick of this exclusivity bull shit the stores are pulling to woo customers. Gone are the good ol days where every store got the same album. Even Target has a sticker boasting about "Exclusive download extras" on Kravitz' album & apparently there is a "exclusive" DVD included with Sheryl Crow's. Hell I remember how annoying it was to have to go into Wall-Mart just to buy the Eagles Long Road Out of Eden album. It was the first time i set foot in a wall-mart in over a year. I got my album and left in quick time.

I still have yet to open the albums i picked up today because I'm unsure if I'm getting the really best deal song list wise here. I guess I will need to shop around and see what "exclusive" bullshit Best Buy might have. Maybe one of the stores out there can guarantee that I will get those missing tracks that only iTunes seems to have. And they are pretty good tracks too!! So I'm pretty pissed.

No wonder people are still stealing music. They make this shit so damn complicated now, its just easier to steal it & make sure you get all the tracks.

Default Re: The Music Store. (s)

Have you tried getting it from a site like cdnow.com? They are getting more and more albums as downloads for songs at .99 each.

Default Re: The Music Store. (s)

They were missing the tracks too. Looks like iTunes really is the only place that has these two tracks. have not found them anywhere else yet. Every store so far has the same version i picked up from Target. Track wise anyway. Download or CD.

Its just a bit irritating.