Thread: The Last Jedi SPOILER discussion

Default The Last Jedi SPOILER discussion

How do we know that it wasn’t just Snoke’s projection that got cut in half? Maybe it was the “vision” Snoke wanted everyone to see – of him getting killed.

We saw that Luke could create a projection of himself in his battle with Kylo. And in the projection he looked younger with darker hair and beard. This means they could appear as they wanted.

Why did Snoke’s red guards still attack Kylo and Ray after their leader’s death (or supposed death)? Who were they still protecting then -- a dead man? Shouldn’t they just flee? But they were cool though – their different types of lightsaber weapons and all that.

Default Re: The Last Jedi SPOILER discussion

He's dead. At least I think he is. But we saw what happened with General Hux and Kylo Ren in TFA. Hux was talking to Snoke and litterally a minute later BOOM!!! the whole planet exploded and somehow he got to a ship, found Ren in the forrest when he had no idea where he was and flew the ship into lightspeed before the planet exploded and did all that in under a minute. And you thought Usain Bolt is fast. (facepalm)
    The whole Snoke thing was just stupid cause he counter said himself in the whole scene. "Do you think you can turn him? I can read every thought in his mind" he said to Rey and then he couldn't feel or see when Kylo Ren turned the lightsaber against him?
    Totally fucked up.
    Then I don't think we have seen the last of Phasma. Cause if this was all she had to give, then her character was a total waste. But as I wrote in the beginning, we saw what happened to Hux and Ren in TFA. I wouldn't be surprised for one bit if Phasma comes back in Episode:IX and faces Finn and says "Do you remember me FN-2187? cause it just seems like the bad guys in this trilogy refuses to die.

How will they proceed now with all the original cast gone? At least their original plan was to kill Han Solo in the first part, Luke in the second, and in the third Leia.

But Carrie died so Leia will not be in the third part. And they’ve confirmed they won’t recreate her with CG. Luke will therefore probably return as a Force Ghost. Hence the way they made him go away in TLJ. That’s their new plan.

I didn’t like the comedy in this film. Overall I didn’t like this movie. I think part of what hurt this film were the fan predictions and theories on the internet. I’m sure Disney keeps an eye. Some fan predictions and theories were really, really good. And maybe in an effort to not be “predictable” Disney deliberately steered the movie this way so none of the fan guesses were correct.

Saw it for the second time last night in regular 2D. Was the same as the 3D and it wasn't any better the second time either.
    Wonder what the script writers thought when Rey goes to see Luke.
    "Who are you?"
    "Who are you?"
    "Where are you from?"
    "From nowhere"
    "Everybody is from somewhere"
    "From Jakku"
    "OK, that's pretty much from nowhere"
    "So what are you doing here Rey from Jakku?"
    WHAT??? Luke just asked "Who are you?" two times and suddenly he knew her name??
    Why ask who she is if he already knew her name? And how the hell did he do that? It's not like he could read her mind at that time cause he had shielded himself off from the Force at that moment.
    At least there's no doubt who the hero will be in Episode: IX.
    It's the broomstick boy!
    For the first time ever, Star Wars will have totally black sick comedy in it when the boy faces Kylo Ren and he kills him by showing the broomstick up his ass and Finn and Poe are like "Oh hell no!!" and starts to feel sick and has to look the other way when Kylo Ren falls dead on the ground.

Mark Hamill hates the direction. Although he couldn't back out from filming because he already signed for a multi-film deal before being shown the script to The Last Jedi. Though he did try to warn everyone in his interviews before the film's release.

This one's better

This is how Rogue One ties to The Last Jedi, when Jen Erso reveals a key part of The Last Jedi story.

If there's something I wanna see in Episode: IX, it's an gas station for the space ships.
    It took EIGHT! episodes to reveal that the ships actually use fuel and that it's not infinete and that they can actually run out of fuel like regular cars.
    It would be funny to see a gas station where rebell ships and the First Order stardestroyers are in a cueue and wait to get refueled.

Mark Hamill didn't even know that his character was killed off in the movie until he watched it in the premier.
    He wouldn't know as the death scene of Luke was the character just disappearing into the Force and 100% CG.

Watch the whole thing:

SECRET Snoke apprentice reveal in episode 9 perhaps?

Here's a video that answers the question that millions of Star Wars fans have asked after The Force Awakens.
    How can Kylo Ren and General Hux still be alive when nobody saw them leave Starkiller Base before it blew up?

IF ONLY the lightsaber battles were like this in the new trilogy! Damn!