Thread: Did Lockdown f*ck up in AOE?

Default Did Lockdown f*ck up in AOE?

As I understood it, Lockdown was supposed to collect the 12 knights of Cybertron for Quintessa. He says Optimus Prime was the last remaining one, and we see when OP releases the other ones, that they were the Dinobots.

Now we see in TLK that the 12 knights that Quintessa wanted were the 12 that stole her staff and later on gave it to Merlin.

So did Lockdown screw up his search and captures some other knights, but not the ones Quintessa wanted?

Default Re: Did Lockdown f*ck up in AOE?

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    As I understood it, Lockdown was supposed to collect the 12 knights of Cybertron for Quintessa. He says Optimus Prime was the last remaining one, and we see when OP releases the other ones, that they were the Dinobots.

Now we see in TLK that the 12 knights that Quintessa wanted were the 12 that stole her staff and later on gave it to Merlin.

So did Lockdown screw up his search and captures some other knights, but not the ones Quintessa wanted?
    This movie throws continuity under the bus.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

It's not a continuity error or plot-hole or any kind of mistake on the part of the filmmakers.

There's no more reason for Lockdown to know about the Knights of Iacon on the ocean​ floor than there was for The Fallen (or Lockdown) to have known about a near-dead Sentinel on the dark side of the moon.

Lots of knights on Earth and Lockdown was wrong.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    It's not a continuity error or plot-hole or any kind of mistake on the part of the filmmakers.

There's no more reason for Lockdown to know about the Knights of Iacon on the ocean​ floor than there was for The Fallen (or Lockdown) to have known about a near-dead Sentinel on the dark side of the moon.

Lots of knights on Earth and Lockdown was wrong.

Simple as that.
    i agree. i dont see it as a continuity error, but a genuine error on behalf of Lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    This movie throws continuity under the bus.
    Tell me about it...

When did Lockdown confirmed he hunted the Knights for her? He got Prime for her (and failed)

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post

Sadly putting together the writers group only made things worse for the franchise.

The Dinobots were referred to the legendary knights, but that's it. Where they were at the end of the film is anyone's guess.

The twelve knights that stole the staff is the same story used for the fallen and the matrix.

Honestly the cube should have been the object that can bring back Cybertron, and not another mcguffin.

Lockdown gathered all the knights except for Optimus for the "Creators". And where were they in TF5?

Oh and Lockdown didn't lie, the problem is Hasbro wanted more knights in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post

The Dinobots were referred to the legendary knights, but that's it.
    Yeah, and what did the writers do? Turn Grimlock into a dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    Where they were at the end of the film is anyone's guess.
    Pretty much.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)