Thread: Unicron and a few movie thoughts

Default Unicron and a few movie thoughts

FINALLY Unicron and his looming threat has been revealed!

One quick note. While the movie goes out of it's way to say those are horns coming out of the Earth as Cybertron closes in, they in fact ARE NOT horns.

There is a quick moment where they realize that those horns form a circle at which Stonehenge is in the center of, which at one time was Pangea. Those 'horns' formed a circle. What we are seeing is the formation of Unicrons mouth as it's opening. They are not horns. Look closer:

Unicron-Transformers-Cartoon-Style-G1-Custom2.jpg

A couple quick side notes:

1. I don't recall seeing Barricade getting killed or in the final battle, again. LOL. This is gonna become a running joke. HAHA. I kinda get a kick out of it.

2. WTF is with the Dinobots. We were promised more Dinobot screen time and it never happened. Horribly disappointed in that. Especially with this movie it was such a huge missed opportunity.

3. The Deceptions were complete throw aways and not even of much threat or use in this movie. Megatron was a complete throw away too. WTF.

5. The kids served no real purpose.

6. Am I the only one wanting a Cogman movie? LOL

7. Stanley Tucci as Merlin and not returning as his AOE character. Loved it. He did incredible in that part. Almost unrecognizable.

8. John Turturro. Loved him in this one.

9. Nemesis Prime. A complete letdown, horribly underused and nonthreatening. Megatron posed a bigger threat.

10. Was glad to see Lennox back.

11. I loved all those quick glimpses on previous Whitwiccans but that long lingering shot of Shia Lubeouf looking crazed. The theater laughed at that. I did too.

12. The 'horns' came out of the Earth as Cybertron approached. But they never came out in Dark of the Moon when Cybertron was being beamed to Earth? Odd.

This movie I agree was kind of all over the place trying to do too much at one time. Some big hits and some big misses too.

The movies are losing their balance. They need to try and find a balance. And this is the first time I agree the human characters over-powered the Transformers. :/ And where the threat didn't feel as threatening as it should.

And now going the Transformers:Prime route of making Earth, Unicron.

Was the movie a letdown? No. Disappointing at times? Yes. Hopeful at other times? Yes.

Time to do some character and story re-focusing.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Default Re: Unicron and a few movie thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post

One quick note. While the movie goes out of it's way to say those are horns coming out of the Earth as Cybertron closes in, they in fact ARE NOT horns.

There is a quick moment where they realize that those horns form a circle at which Stonehenge is in the center of, which at one time was Pangea. Those 'horns' formed a circle. What we are seeing is the formation of Unicrons mouth as it's opening. They are not horns. Look closer:

A couple quick side notes:

1. I don't recall seeing Barricade getting killed or in the final battle, again. LOL. This is gonna become a running joke. HAHA. I kinda get a kick out of it.

2. WTF is with the Dinobots. We were promised more Dinobot screen time and it never happened. Horribly disappointed in that. Especially with this movie it was such a huge missed opportunity.

3. The Deceptions were complete throw aways and not even of much threat or use in this movie. Megatron was a complete throw away too. WTF.

5. The kids served no real purpose.

6. Am I the only one wanting a Cogman movie? LOL

7. Stanley Tucci as Merlin and not returning as his AOE character. Loved it. He did incredible in that part. Almost unrecognizable.

8. John Turturro. Loved him in this one.

9. Nemesis Prime. A complete letdown, horribly underused and nonthreatening. Megatron posed a bigger threat.

10. Was glad to see Lennox back.

11. I loved all those quick glimpses on previous Whitwiccans but that long lingering shot of Shia Lubeouf looking crazed. The theater laughed at that. I did too.

12. The 'horns' came out of the Earth as Cybertron approached. But they never came out in Dark of the Moon when Cybertron was being beamed to Earth? Odd.

This movie I agree was kind of all over the place trying to do too much at one time. Some big hits and some big misses too.

The movies are losing their balance. They need to try and find a balance. And this is the first time I agree the human characters over-powered the Transformers. :/ And where the threat didn't feel as threatening as it should.

And now going the Transformers:Prime route of making Earth, Unicron.

Was the movie a letdown? No. Disappointing at times? Yes. Hopeful at other times? Yes.

Time to do some character and story re-focusing.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
    We were promised a lot.

Hiring the group of writers didn't change anything. I believe the movie would have been a lot better with Ehren Kruger.

It was hinted that Optimus and Galvatrons origin story would be shown in some form, the connection between primes and knights..? Who knows. What ever happened to the cube? Quintessa made no mention of it. How about the so called creators?
    We deserve at least an animated short film that explains all this for the blu ray release.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post

The whole Unicron idea is just fucking stupid. So Unicron came to Earth when it was Pangea??????
    Pangea existed approximately 335 MILLION YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!! and began breaking apart about 175 million years ago!
    So that Unicron is inside Earth and nobody on Earth has discovered that in over 2000 years is just so braindead that it makes one wonder that how the hell did this get passed and approved by the Paramount studio chefs and by the so called "Writers room"?????
    This is the best Unicron idea they could come up with????
    Can't wait to see TF6 when Unicron transforms and see just how the hell is Earth gonna stay intact as a planet...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

You're severely misunderstanding the bit about Pangea and Unicron. What we know as Earth is actually just a "shell" of matter which formed around Unicron, and the continental drift of tectonic plates resulting in the dissolution of Pangea is likewise responsible for Unicron's "horns of hell" drifting apart from their initial locations encircling the stonehenge.

And the idea of Earth essentially being a prison for Unicron wasn't created by the writer's room for the movies, they've adapted it from the Unicron backstory from "Transformers: Prime" which predates the movie by several years.

Oh, and obviously he's never been discovered down there because we've barely even scratched the surface of our own planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    You're severely misunderstanding the bit about Pangea and Unicron. What we know as Earth is actually just a "shell" of matter which formed around Unicron, and the continental drift of tectonic plates resulting in the dissolution of Pangea is likewise responsible for Unicron's "horns of hell" drifting apart from their initial locations encircling the stonehenge.

And the idea of Earth essentially being a prison for Unicron wasn't created by the writer's room for the movies, they've adapted it from the Unicron backstory from "Transformers: Prime" which predates the movie by several years.

Oh, and obviously he's never been discovered down there because we've barely even scratched the surface of our own planet.
    Yeah, I do understand the Unicron story. When the Big Bang happened, Unicron was already here and Earths matter surrounded his body and Earth as a planet was created. It's just the timeline I have a problem with. Pangea was around 335 MILLION!!!! years ago! How old are the Transformers anyways??
    It's like they existed before the Universe was even created!...

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Yeah, I do understand the Unicron story. When the Big Bang happened, Unicron was already here and Earths matter surrounded his body and Earth as a planet was created. It's just the timeline I have a problem with. Pangea was around 335 MILLION!!!! years ago! How old are the Transformers anyways??
    It's like they existed before the Universe was even created!...
    Well Prime and co are several million years old aren't they. So I guess some Cybertronians have been around almost that long. Certainly in the comic continuity Unicron was around before the Universe was created so I assume that's where the movie borrows it from.

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Well Prime and co are several million years old aren't they. So I guess some Cybertronians have been around almost that long. Certainly in the comic continuity Unicron was around before the Universe was created so I assume that's where the movie borrows it from.
    So sounds like Unicron has been trapped on Earth (or is Earth..i don't think i understood that fully from the movie) for a long time (lets say at least 335M years as per above). If that is the case, how could he have become Cybertron's enemy if Cybertronians didn't even start existing until like several millions years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    So sounds like Unicron has been trapped on Earth (or is Earth..i don't think i understood that fully from the movie) for a long time (lets say at least 335M years as per above). If that is the case, how could he have become Cybertron's enemy if Cybertronians didn't even start existing until like several millions years ago?
    I think he's trapped inside the Earth.

I didnt explain myself as well as I could in my earlier post. The way I see it if current Cybertronians like Prime are several million years old, then I'm surmising that Cybertron must be very ancient just like Unicron is. Also in the comics that is the case, as Cybertronians core is Unicrons enemy Primus.

However the movies havent addressed that yet, I guess if we're getting a new director for 6 thats going to be left open for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    I think he's trapped inside the Earth.
    You know what that means, right? We're not going to see that big moment where he Transforms.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    You know what that means, right? We're not going to see that big moment where he Transforms.
    Maybe not.

i was never really that bothered about him anyway. I mean sure it's a nice nod to hear his name dropped, but I can't say I was ever eagerly anticipating his arrival.

That might happen. When he transforms life on Earth is over, cause Earth is no more.
    All of Roland Emmerich's catastrophe movies combined will look like chicken shit compared to the amount of destruction and death that will be in TF6 when the WHOLE EARTH!! gets destroyed when Unicron transforms!
    There will literally be an hour of constant destruction and death when they show how cities get destroyed and people die all over the world! LOL!!

they went the prime route and made earth unicron.

dinobots disappeared. daytripper disappeared. Cogman was referred to being a Headmaster too. And hy did Megatron go back to being called Megatron?
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by the_almighty_moo View Post
    And why did Megatron go back to being called Megatron?
    More importantly, How did he change from lego transformation back to traditional?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

More importantly, How did he change from lego transformation back to traditional?
    And how did bumblebee suddenly gain power of breaking apart and joining himself?

i'm thinking Quintessa reformated him when she gave him his new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    And how did bumblebee suddenly gain power of breaking apart and joining himself?
    I'm not even gonna complain about this one, that scene was probably my favorite of the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    i'm thinking Quintessa reformated him when she gave him his new look.
    If that's the case, why go through the trouble of brainwashing Optimus? Why then did Megatron only have the purple eyes and red paint in the lasts scenes of the movie?

There's too many questions.

If that's the case, why go through the trouble of brainwashing Optimus? Why then did Megatron only have the purple eyes and red paint in the lasts scenes of the movie?

There's too many questions.
    He already has the red mark when we first see him talking to Barricade. As for purple eyes I honestly don't remember him having them at any point. I think it really is as simple as she got to Megatron between AOE and TLK and he didn't take much persuading hence no purple eyes.

As far as brainwashing Prime goes well why not? He did come to her.