Thread: Should The Transfomers Franchise Be Rebooted?

Default Should The Transfomers Franchise Be Rebooted?

Yes!

- Zyfyre

Default Re: Should The Transfomers Franchise Be Rebooted?

It is I agree! But I wager we both want it to go in completely different directions.

if they could reboot the franchise, and actually put in a worthy storyline, something that actually meant something, with less human interactions... than YES

but man I don't want to lose any of the CGI, the Action, the Explosions, the music, the sound.. the grand scale of "OMG what a visual treat"

I hope that they keep going with what they have. No need to reboot, all 5 films are great and have literally created their own genre, there is no other Big budget Hollywood popcorn blockbuster experience like these films. I say keep it going. Maybe 10 years from now a reboot would be epic

Reboot someday? Sure.

But ending on a cliffhanger like this would be ridiculous.

They've officially teased Unicron and we don't know enough about The Creators yet.

Yes. The films have been on the decline since Age of Extinction. I don't Blame Mr. Bay for that as the directing has been just as good as the first film ten years ago. The problem has been the poor scripts. It's like they decided at some point that the story and script didn't matter. Granted the scripts haven't been Oscar winning in the past, but they were certainly better than what was used in AOE and TLK. And before anyone starts saying the movies were just for kids, they are rated PG13.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

I'm generally against reboots, because they seem to be an easy way out from a tough situation that a franchise finds itself in. Transformers doesn't need a reboot just because one movie seems to have faltered at the box office (but is still a solid hit).