Thread: TF5 Movie Critics

Default TF5 Movie Critics

I haven’t watched TF5 yet. I will be tonight. But I’ve been seeing a lot of negative reviews from critics. I’m not judging their taste or anything. Hell I might not like the movie myself when I go watch it. But when you look at how old movie critics are, they’re in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s. And these movies are largely aimed at kids and teenagers.

A 10 year old or a 20 year old has a very different idea of fun to a 30 or 40 year old. So listening to a 40 year old “movie critic” say how bad TF5 is, is like listening to an old person telling you how much he dislikes Justin Bieber. It doesn’t matter, teens love Justin Bieber. So…

So I think it’s precisely why Nickelodeon has this thing called the Kid’s Choice Awards. Some things are better off for the kids to judge themselves. Things that are made for them are for them to grade.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: TF5 Movie Critics

I know it's hard in this world of fast social media shares and posts, but try to stay away from places and people that spread reviews for movies. If you care about your entertainment. Today's film critics have jumped the shark....years ago. They know it (there are countless articles about it) and we - the audience - know it as well. So do it like me - follow people online, and talk to people who share your taste in movie. That is it. Shield yourself from the poison.

Me, I just finished watching "The Last Knight" - really, really enjoyed it - and no one can take that enjoyment away from me. I think it's a great, epic adventure, and even if you show me all negative reviews on planet Earth, my opinion wouldn't change.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Yeah must agree with Bayhem. Before seeing The Last Knight for the first time I stayed away from all reviews. Because while these guys are entitled to their opinion I haven't agreed with any of these guys since I was in my late teens (no coincidence around the same time Bad Boys was released). And I just thought to myself why do I continue to let these guys bother me? Needless to say I've enjoyed the movie a lot more because of this. And another bonus I didn't get anything spoiled for me beforehand.

The movies that the critics always recommend, I'm not going to the cinema to watch I'll wait for blu ray or download. And the movies that they hate are normally by directors that don't have a traditional style, and are meant to be seen as big, and as loud as possible! Bottom line most people just go to the cinema for different reasons to what the critics are looking for. And that's where the massive disconnect comes in.

Well said ^^ : )

While we're at it, and since there are people (even MB fans) who seem to care a bit too much about those Rotten Tomatoes scores, here's a nice article - from a critic - explaining in great detail why Rotten Tomatoes is ruining the way we feel about cinema and the way we judge cinema:

"There’s no allowance for isolating a strong performance, or for recognizing a strong element within a flawed film. It reduces criticism to judgment and attitude without discernment. The methodology tips toward the negative, with films requiring 60 percent or more positive reviews to avoid being labeled “rotten.” "

Here's the whole thing -
    http://www.indiewire.com/2017/06/rotten-tomatoes-film-critics-transformers-1201845002/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

You want a nice good critic: this guy

He just uploaded this one but has made from other movies considered "rotten"

Rotten Tomatoes score can easily be manipulated, and is usually manipulated. I’ve argued about this a long time ago with people who didn’t want to believe. While it is an ‘aggregate’ site, the critics who submit the reviews are in cahoots with each other. So the scores are the way they want it to be.

better answer i never listen to critics or follow them im no sheep unless you made movie your self you shouldnt care what critics and other people say about movie if your going t osee it anyway,

better examplecrtic lov the revaentafter i saw trailer frst i lookboring ad unintesting ome i ll never go e that move teonly reaon i saw revenant w my father wanted to see movie if he didnt want to see movie i woud hae nevr saw move revnant an you know warevenant ws long and boring i wanted to be put in cma for movie be over and now i kno wy that moviewon ard at golen globes and emeys its ong and boring noinecitng hppnsi movie

Greetings!

I've seen the latest Transformers movie, and I agree with what the Rotten Tomatoes score reveals: it's not a good film! If you gauge the overall reviews from leading sources and what fans are saying, one can't ignore the fact that the overall consensus it is consistent with what the Rotten Tomatoes score reflects. Rotten Tomatoes reflects the world we live in today, it's simply the digital equivalent of grass roots word-of-mouth.

- In my opinion, Zyfyre

Quote Originally Posted by zyfyre View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes reflects the world we live in today, it's simply the digital equivalent of grass roots word-of-mouth.

No.

Brett Ratner said it best. Rotten Tomatoes is indeed the single worst thing to happen to cinema. Even some major critics agree.