Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

Default Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

i liked movie but i like age of exticion more last knight had little less action compared to age of extiction openeing night saw it in 3d and second time in 2d movie if i have time after work i will see it again in 3d trasnformers is only movies series i will see in 3d as much as i hate 3d movies

Default Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

just watched it IMAX 3d for first time

I enjoyed it, was it as great as the others, no, but man did it have some cool moments that I can't wait to watch again on BluRay

Nemesis Prime!!!!!

heres hoping theres a TF6, I doubt it tho.. I really do wish though.

There will be at least a Transformers 6. They didn't spend all that time working the writer's room to develop the Transformers Universe to just shelf it and never release another movie. While the Bumblebee movie is in the same continuity (I think) as the last 5 movies, I don't think it will be the end of the franchise. It is too much of a cash cow for Paramount to give up on it completely even though domestically it is not doing as well as they thought it would. The overseas market is just too big on it right now.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by boudie13 View Post
    While the Bumblebee movie is in the same continuity (I think) as the last 5 movies
    They sneakily let Decepticon Barricade get away again in TF5 if you noticed. Could reappear in the Bumblebee movie as villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    They sneakily let Decepticon Barricade get away again in TF5 if you noticed. Could reappear in the Bumblebee movie as villain.
    The spin-off Bumblebee movie will take place in the 80's and therefore be a prequel to the first Transformers movie and it will have zero Bay action cause it's gonna be a children's movie made for 7 year olds or something like that.
    So wouldn't bet my money to see Barricade in it. I think their first encounter was in the first Transformers movie.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...movie#/slide/1

Saw it, man. -the Last Knight- I liked what i saw. I enjoyed it very much.
    The movie is fast paced. Comedy is spot on. And a lot of transformations. It's 10 times better than Age of Extinction.

Anthony Hopkins is master.

Thanks Michael !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Greetings!

Per standard: the visuals were amazing. It's definitely commendable, that Bay can manage to bring such a large-scale production to life, which shows Bays gift of managing such extreme logistics. Not too many directors would be able to accomplish such a feat. That said...

I didn't like the movie. Easily, it's my least-liked of the five movies. Which is a let down as Bay-and-Company built up the hype surrounding the dozen-or-so writers that made up the Transformers Writers Room, which built up certain expectations that, with this film, were not met. They don't get the Lore nor understand the Franchise. This movie easily proves that. Time to reboot.

- Zyfyre

What can I say? I liked it. A lot.

All things being equal, I preferred TF4 by a tiny bit due to a stronger emotional component surrounding the Autobots (come on, who didn't tear up a bit in TF4 when Optimus came riding in on the Dinobot or renewed his visage after scanning the new truck) but certainly this is nowhere near as bad as TF2 or Bad Boys 2, both of which had me checking my watch every few minutes.

As opposed to the critics, what held me was its IMHO strong story line. I loved the tie of the autobots to history and the Merlin story line.

I also can't be the only one that noticed in several shots Laura Haddon looked exactly like Megan Fox.

Note that I never watched the cartoons nor know anything about Transformers other that was has been presented in Michael's films; as with the Marvel movies I wonder if knowing too much about the characters clouds fans' opinions of what is actually presented on-screen.

For example, I know nothing about Megatron other than that he's the bad guy/leader of the Decepticons.

Missed opportunity - they should have shown the transformation of the car from the Citroen into the Lamborghini the way they did other remodels in the past rather than just cut.

Also, IMAX 3D was the perfect format for this film and its scope.

Quote Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
    Note that I never watched the cartoons nor know anything about Transformers other that was has been presented in Michael's films; as with the Marvel movies I wonder if knowing too much about the characters clouds fans' opinions of what is actually presented on-screen.
    You hit the nail on the head with this. Fans of transformers want the movies to be like what they remembered from the cartoons, but that is not what these films have been intended to be. I think that the 5 films what they were intended to do - bring in new fans. I admit I was a child of the 80s and love the cartoons. Granted I stopped watching them when I "too cool" to watch cartoons, and these movies brought me back to transformers. I watched the entire series of Transformers Prime, bought the blue rays, and I own multiple copies of the first 4 movies in the franchise. I have several of the toys, and I will buy more of them when I see them in stores. My brother complained about the first movie, and I doubt he has watched any of the movies since. He told me that the first movie ruined his childhood. I told him he was foolish because if he just learned to accept the changes that were made with the movies, he would actually have a pretty entertaining series to watch. He told me he wouldn't. His loss.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    The spin-off Bumblebee movie will take place in the 80's
    They’d probably jump to the present at some point in the movie. So they can get to feature the new cars again.
    I can already imagine GM calling Paramount “We need to sell cars! We need to sell cars! We need to sell cars!”

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    They’d probably jump to the present at some point in the movie. So they can get to feature the new cars again.
    I can already imagine GM calling Paramount “We need to sell cars! We need to sell cars! We need to sell cars!”
    I truly hope GM cars are not in this Bumblebee movie.
    I want to see Bumblebee transform into a VW beetle. Whats the point setting up this movie in the 80s and not doing this.
    Also ...Soundwave ..need i say more ?

i hope some people with Transformers G1 knowledge are working on this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    I truly hope GM cars are not in this Bumblebee movie.
    I want to see Bumblebee transform into a VW beetle. Whats the point setting up this movie in the 80s and not doing this.
    Also ...Soundwave ..need i say more ?

i hope some people with Transformers G1 knowledge are working on this movie.
    That's the point with this spin-off movie. To show what Bumblebee did as a yellow VW beetle as he was in the beginning of TF1. So the movie will be a prequel to the whole franchise and will not have any of this Bay action that we have got in these five movies so far.

Speaking of Bumblebee, is the WWII Bumblebee in TF5 a character that just looked like him or was it him in his past life? Could there be a thing such as Transformers Reincarnation?!

LOLWUT

It's very clearly established within the movie that 'Bee fought in WWII with Hot Rod and The Devil's Brigade and met Sir Edmund Burton as a young boy.

Why on Earth would you possibly believe otherwise?

o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    LOLWUT

It's very clearly established within the movie that 'Bee fought in WWII with Hot Rod and The Devil's Brigade and met Sir Edmund Burton as a young boy.

Why on Earth would you possibly believe otherwise?

o_O
    You see the thing is when they got to the UK it’s just the character of Anthony Hopkins going “this bot (pointing at Bee) fought in WWII etc, etc.” And Bee can’t speak and obviously couldn’t agree or disagree. The body language was off. And the way Bee arrived at the place was like it was his first time and like he didn’t recognize anything. There was no chemistry whatsoever between him and Hot Rod too, like it was only the first time that they’ve met. That’s not how old war comrades greet each other. Hell I don’t remember if they even greeted one another!

Fair point with Hot Rod...but Hopkins meeting 'Bee in no way whatsoever suggests he'd been to his castle before plus Cade specifically tells 'Bee he needs to be that badass from WWII again then 'Bee promptly whips out his WWII battlehammer again.

It pretty clear WWII 'Bee and 2017 'Bee are one and the same.

Cool Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

I saw the movie the second day it came out in the Netherlands here and it was PURE A W E S O M E N E S S of course

I got a TF poster after viewing the movie which was excellent, a nice souvenir to remember the movie by and i will watch it in Belgian theaters soon as well.
    Loved it mike! well done bro! there was so much stuff in it that i loved, very intelligent which was awesome! loved the characters (actors) in it, was absolutely awesome how they all did their part it didn't feel forced at all which i loved.. it was very natural so kudos to them all!

I got much more to say but i rather say that stuff over a drink Mike...
    And maybe, if you do another one i like to join the magic, although it's not permitted to say this stuff here and try to apply for a job or what not i'm doing it anyways.. cause this is your last chance.
    And you know i got good stuff Mike you know i do...

I mailed that shitty Paramount inbox but they don't react bro.
    You can contact me through FB if you like, take care and again, well done!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by timtationx View Post
    just watched... I'll rant more on this tomorrow but bottom line, this franchise needs a fresh start, and i never thought i'd say that being a michael bay fan.

this!!!!
    Optimus: One shall stand- one shall fall. Megatron: You still fight for the weak- that's why you lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    I got much more to say but i rather say that stuff over a drink Mike...
    I Got some interesting table conversation topics for you guys
    - Bring back Shia/Megan.
    - change optimus prime's " knight "design. ( I still don't like it)
    - re-release that awesome TF1 movie poster. (hihi)
    - Demanding Cogman's transformation in TF6.
    - demanding mike to do TF6 ( c'mon unicron's live action movie debut and mike not directing ??? )

If this conversation takes place in The Netherlands ? give me a call. I will join your guys

Quote Originally Posted by zyfyre View Post
    Greetings!

Per standard: the visuals were amazing. It's definitely commendable, that Bay can manage to bring such a large-scale production to life, which shows Bays gift of managing such extreme logistics. Not too many directors would be able to accomplish such a feat. That said...

I didn't like the movie. Easily, it's my least-liked of the five movies. Which is a let down as Bay-and-Company built up the hype surrounding the dozen-or-so writers that made up the Transformers Writers Room, which built up certain expectations that, with this film, were not met. They don't get the Lore nor understand the Franchise. This movie easily proves that. Time to reboot.

- Zyfyre
    They do understand the lore.

Problem is the lore itself is convoluted depending on what Transformers source material you reference.

Case in point is Unicron.

In the original Transformers cartoon movie he was just a giant planet eating planet that turned into a giant transformer who also created Galvatron. His story over time fleshed out to become the brother of Primus, which is Cybertron. And in Transformers Prime rather than a planet eating planet, he became what we know of today as Earth. Which is the direction they took for the movie.

There is tons of different Transformers lore to pull from to create a new lore.

So saying they do not understand the lore is wrong. The lore itself doesn't understand itself because it's so convoluted and mixed up depending on which Transformers lore you follow. The tv shows, comics, and movies (including the cartoon one) have all varied and changed things.

^ THIS GUY GETS IT.

I've actually had a really, REALLY fun time seeing these films pull from literally ALL VARIATIONS OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL to create a "mash-up" of the entire franchise altogether.

MOAR, PLZ!

\m/

WHO was in charge of continuity?

Why did Prime ask what happened to Cybertron? Didn't everyone see Cybertron break up into a billion pieces and sucked into a vortex at the end of Dark of the Moon?

Didn't Prime hear Bee talk in the first movie? "I wish to stay with the Boy."

How did Quintisa gain control of Megatron?

Why were the Dinobots not in the the final battle? Why did they leave their most powerful transformers back in the junk yard?

Anthony Hopkins was great. he's great in everything I've seen him in.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post

Why did Prime ask what happened to Cybertron? Didn't everyone see Cybertron break up into a billion pieces and sucked into a vortex at the end of Dark of the Moon?

Why were the Dinobots not in the the final battle? Why did they leave their most powerful transformers back in the junk yard?

1. Cybertron wasn't fully destroyed. It was assumed it was but was never shown to be. Its obvious it's core survived and the remaining parts of the planet were held together by tendrils of what remained.

2. We heard his voice. And it sounded similar this time. But what we may have heard the first time wasn't his real voice. Again it was assumed to be but we'll never know. Going by this movie it wasn't and was just a facsimile of it and this was his original voice.

3. It's hard to say if she actually gained control of Megatron. Again, that's an open question on how Galvatron even become Megatron again. Maybe it'll get answered the next time?

4. The Dinobots. We were promised more and got less. It's infuriating they weren't in the final battle or any other battles. This was a huge ball drop and missed opportunity. They had less screen time this time than Age of Extinction. How did that even happen?

5. Anthony Hopkins was great. As was Cogman. He helped add legitimacy to his character and the movie. Let alone the situation.

6. How did Prime get into his situation? Obviously he ran out of gas on the way there. But it's also obvious he was on the right trajectory and knew it.

The movie was enjoyable and maddening at the same time. It fixed old problems but created new ones.

I'm almost certain Unicron will gain control of Megatron in the next movie and give him minions.

I was glad to see a combiner in this movie, although it wasn't one anyone was looking for. And they took the cheap and easy way out with just a mess of useless metal spikes everywhere.

The thing unraveling the movies apart is that they act as sequels and stand alone movies at the same time while acknowledging certain past movie events but ignoring others. They need to tie up the loose ends, make some explanations rather than outright ignoring or downplaying them, and be careful on how far they deviate from the source material so people don't become more alienated than they are now.

Some exciting new prospects were introduced like Unicron finally. But it seems like any redeeming qualities the movie had, it would also undermine itself in other areas. Some of which I mentioned in my own thread not long ago. It was maddening.

THIS.

I'd add that Optimus specifically asked what QUINTESSA had done to Cybertron, not what happened to it in general. And regardless of the details, Galvatron was clearly bitchslapped by Quintessa like Optimus. The metal spikes were hardly "useless."

Also disagreed about those last two paragraphs entirely.

:-\

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post

You'd think with a super team of writers, they would've been able to expand the Transformers story without directly contradicting major events from previous films.