Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

Default Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

It'd be cool if they made Galvatron appear and fight Megatron in the next film. Without any explanation whatsoever as to why they're two separate characters. A lot of things were never really explained in the movies anyway.
    I know the popular theory or belief is that Galvatron turned back into Megatron in TF5. As that's the most logical explanation. But there's sort of never really been any official word on that.
    If they run out of cool ideas, just make Galvatron reappear as a separate character and viola instant story!

Default Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion/Analysis/Thoughts *Warning-Spoilers*

I don't know if I'll see TF6. If there is one. Not unless Hasbo and Paramount can get someone who can write a good script.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I don't know if I'll see TF6. If there is one. Not unless Hasbo and Paramount can get someone who can write a good script.
    you ain't alone (misspell for effect)

Should have done the crossover with GI Joe. I mean that’s the only way to save both franchises. As standalones nobody’s interested anymore. But crossing them… people would go “Okay you got my attention.”

Don’t reboot before doing a crossover. That would take a looong time. Do the crossover now using the current TF’s and the current Joes. Do the cheap thing like DC cutting corners with Justice League. It’s cheap but that’s what you do if you want the “Avengers money” without spending at least a full decade setting the whole universe up.

But oh wait! They didn’t leave hints and clues and easter eggs in both TF and Joe films to make a crossover even possible at this point! Bummer.

It took a room full of all-star writers to come up with The Last Knight...

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    It took a room full of all-star writers to come up with The Last Knight...
    Then clearly they were not that All- Star. I have read fan fiction was was better than what we got.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

The writers need to be fans. That's what we got from the three guys for the first four films.

The writers room were a bunch of people who learned about the mythos and the result was a film that felt like what people assumed a Transformers film was, but wasn't. The Last Knight felt like an imitation and I think that was purely done to the writers.

Get a writer or two in the industry that are actually fans of the franchise and I'm sure we'll get another great film.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    The writers need to be fans. That's what we got from the three guys for the first four films.

The writers room were a bunch of people who learned about the mythos and the result was a film that felt like what people assumed a Transformers film was, but wasn't. The Last Knight felt like an imitation and I think that was purely done to the writers.

Get a writer or two in the industry that are actually fans of the franchise and I'm sure we'll get another great film.
    The problem was with the overblown robot roster, and not so much the accuracy or inaccuracy to the mythos.

TF1 was just it's own thing. It couldn't be farther from G1. Everything's re-imagined. But it worked because it was compact. It was an "accidental" success in a way because they were testing the waters and so they played the conservative approach. It was their first movie after all. That "conservative" formula happened to work.

After that they kind of went "Okay now WE KNOW these robots sell" so they couldn't keep the roster small anymore. It's a business. They have all sorts of merchandise connected to it.

The key is to keep it small. Have more screen time for each robot. And then add the Michael Bay magic.

I really, really hope there's at least one more chapter to come. The series can't stop/reboot now, just when we're on the verge of finally getting Unicron!

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    I really, really hope there's at least one more chapter to come. The series can't stop/reboot now, just when we're on the verge of finally getting Unicron!
    Not the way we want though. With Unicron established as being the Earth, there's no way we are going to see him Transform.

Not the way we want though. With Unicron established as being the Earth, there's no way we are going to see him Transform.
    Not necessarily. They could suggest that Unicron has been locked in some kind of stasis for eons (sort of like how the Autobots were once trapped in vehicular modes in an old G1 episode.) He CAN transform, but allowing him to do so would result in everything that's grown over his shell during the intervening ages - the Earth's crusts, plant and animal life, human civilization - to be instantly destroyed. The script could compensate by showing Unicron's alternate shape in various flashbacks.

Honestly, my biggest complaint about TLK was the lack of screen time for Optimus Prime. He was absent from the main story for far too long.