Thread: Release date delayed / kill the hype

Default Release date delayed / kill the hype

I'm devastated by knowing that "Transformers The Last Knight" won't be in theaters in Mexico until the 20th of July. One entire month we'll have to wait to see the movie, I don't think is fair. Not for fans who have been waiting and supporting.
    And it won't be a wise choice either, spoilers will kill the excitement, the hype won't be the same and pirate versions of the film will be sold in every corner.
    Daily I watch and read movie reviews, so I will be getting all the spoilers for an entire month. I don't want to miss the moment where everybody will be talking about the film I'm most excited for, I want to listen to opinions and discussions.
    And honestly, no one will be able to avoid it for a month. I'm sorry to say it but this it will be a mayor bummer, watching the film wont be as exciting as it should be for a lot of reasons.
    At the moment I can't travel to the US only to watch the movie, if I could, I would.
    ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY

Default Re: Release date delayed / kill the hype

It's because Baywatch. Why Transformers fans will be affected by a bad movie? The only good thing about Baywatch is The Rock
    ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY

Who knows why Paramount did it, we're on the same boat
    Hoepfully there will be a sort of preview, I remember watching AOE a week before the official premiere, but a week after the US premiere. So unfollow social networks by then and keep an eye out for your local cinemas for previews, especially IMAX ones

I guess we're feeling quite the opposite. Over here we get to watch it early. Like June 21.

BUT all the trailers and clips and tv spots killed the hype for me. I'm kind of turned off by it. And now I'm not even sure if I'd watch it on June 21. Even if I do I don't feel like paying for it on iMAX anymore. Maybe just some regular theater. It's over-advertised. And I don't want to be shown that much. They literally have a tv spot for every single character and it is annoying.

As someone that seen 23 minutes of it in IMAX fan events, we actually haven't seen that much. I think you should wait for the soundtrack by Steve Jablonsky, that could hype you up. We barely get samples of film scores before release and the music in the official site is pretty good, and scored by Steve

Got my tickets for IMAX on 21st . But I agree they are showing too much. Excited to hear what Steve will bring to the table this time.

If you think they've showed to much in trailers and sort of ruined the experience, imagine waiting another month ( that is the case of Mexico ) and all the spoilers that will be by that time. I don't mind the trailers previous to the film, but I do know that I won't have the same experience as many of you in the rest of the world. Beside the spoilers there will be many pirate versions of the film all over the Internet and selling in the streets. I'm not saying that I won't see it in theaters, in fact I will travel to another city and spent a lot more of money just to experience it in IMAX 3-D because I love these films so much, but it is true that it certainly won't be the same experience after a month. It is unfair for fans and I feel a bit discriminated
    ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY