Thread: Mr Bay for predator 3?

Default Mr Bay for predator 3?

I know this may sound a little strange to some, but given the recent failure of avp:r. Who here thinks it would be a great idea if Michael did predator 3 if it got the green light?

Oh before I forget these next 2 clips are taken from the ps2/xbox game predator:concrete jungle. They are the intro movie to the game.

If you hadn't known that they were from a game you would think that someone had done a great job of making their own movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUViwcxut-A part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLdiD4Csgw Part 2

Just to give you all an idea as to how cool it could look if done right.
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Banned

Default Re: Mr Bay for predator 3?

Yeah... it would be great, but i don't think it's gonna happen. Wrong studio i think... Michael Bay doesn't work for 20th Century Fox. Ideally it should be given to John Mctiernan... but he'll never get another big movie, definitely not after Rollerball.

Okay, at first glance of the title of this thread, I thought it said, "Mr. Bay for President"

I obviously don't read things right when I read 'em fast. LOL
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Okay, at first glance of the title of this thread, I thought it said, "Mr. Bay for President"

He'd have my vote...

Post Re: Mr Bay for predator 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post

Well, I'd guess that both things are literally possible, but equally unlikely! I imagine Bay could work for whomever he chooses...? I seem to remember reading in interviews about how he was basically "unemployed" until someone called him about TF2.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Loved the game by the way!I liked being able to roar!!If Bay did it his style it would be awesome.Thats funny Bee,Bay for president!!LOL...HAHAHAHHAHAH...you crack me up.Sit down in your chair and calm it down.No chocolate!!I loved the storylines on the Predator warrior code rather than about humans.Boring.We place ourselves so high sometimes and it makes the story so predictable.The human over comes the alien invaders....blah blah blah.I haven't seen the AV:R yet.so I apologize for lack of info.I need watch these movies without nosy little kids around to traumatize..The worst is trying to watch these types of scary Rated R movies when the kids are asleep.I scream like a school girl when the scary parts happen.....sometimes.........*ahemn....I mean most times.don't tell anyone please....Nice idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I know this may sound a little strange to some, but given the recent failure of avp:r. Who here thinks it would be a great idea if Michael did predator 3 if it got the green light?

Oh before I forget these next 2 clips are taken from the ps2/xbox game predator:concrete jungle. They are the intro movie to the game.

If you hadn't known that they were from a game you would think that someone had done a great job of making their own movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUViwcxut-A part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLdiD4Csgw Part 2

Just to give you all an idea as to how cool it could look if done right.
    Avp a failure...I can't beleive you didn't like it.what more wouldyou want from a movie called avp?the first movie psucked in many respects.the avp2 kinda covered both genres respectively in my view.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

the thing that has missed the mark for me, (and this may be a little off the topic) is I want to see the predator as the hero. we all know how ruthless and cruel they can be but little as been done in moves to show the why. and little has been shown to illustrate how honor and a since of duty can override that cruelty. Personally I think the predators are an ignorant race of archaic nomads, but I want to see a predator over come that.

but that is just me.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by barricade505 View Post
    Loved the game by the way!I liked being able to roar!!If Bay did it his style it would be awesome.Thats funny Bee,Bay for president!!LOL...HAHAHAHHAHAH...you crack me up.Sit down in your chair and calm it down.No chocolate!!I loved the storylines on the Predator warrior code rather than about humans.Boring.We place ourselves so high sometimes and it makes the story so predictable.The human over comes the alien invaders....blah blah blah.I haven't seen the AV:R yet.so I apologize for lack of info.I need watch these movies without nosy little kids around to traumatize..The worst is trying to watch these types of scary Rated R movies when the kids are asleep.I scream like a school girl when the scary parts happen.....sometimes.........*ahemn....I mean most times.don't tell anyone please....Nice idea though
    Well you know what I found disturbing on another webforum that actually talks about avp, is that people took their kids to see an r rated movie and couldn't work out why their kids were screaming at some of the stuff that happens. There is some disturbing scenes. The most notable being the hospital scene....very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    Avp a failure...I can't beleive you didn't like it.what more wouldyou want from a movie called avp?the first movie psucked in many respects.the avp2 kinda covered both genres respectively in my view.
    Well avp:r had the sounds and music from the original predator 1&2 movies. That was the only good thing about it. There were so many plot holes etc that it ended up being stupid. Whereas the first avp had a story that I could follow.
    Last edited by Prime; 02-04-2008 at 04:28 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    the thing that has missed the mark for me, (and this may be a little off the topic) is I want to see the predator as the hero. we all know how ruthless and cruel they can be but little as been done in moves to show the why. and little has been shown to illustrate how honor and a since of duty can override that cruelty. Personally I think the predators are an ignorant race of archaic nomads, but I want to see a predator over come that.

but that is just me.
    The reason Predator 1 worked so well is that the monster was mysterious... you didn't see much of it until the end. The surprise was greater that way. Stan Winston's creature design was really incredible... never seen anything like it... I heard it was actually James Cameron who came up with the crab face idea for the Predator...

Has anyone read the text commentary for the first Predator DVD?

In it, the editor blames Bay for the editing and style of today's movies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Has anyone read the text commentary for the first Predator DVD?

In it, the editor blames Bay for the editing and style of today's movies.
    I haven't seen that... but maybe he has a point...
    Michael Bay is the best at what he does, his style and editing works really well in his movies... it works for him because he's good at it... Gore Verbinski attempted to do the same on the Pirate movies, he failed, the cutting was too fast, the story was confused, the film was a mess.
    Maybe directors should keep to their own style... instead of copying each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I heard it was actually James Cameron who came up with the crab face idea for the Predator...
    Yes, that's right, he came up with design of mandible )

As for movies...

We have to admit, nowadays both series became predictive and are not scary anymore. There is no mystery left in those inimitable creations. Now we want the development of story, we want the exposure of origins of the creatures. Now it's more of sci-fi and action than horror, which is sad by the way but was inevitable.

If Predator 3 is directed by Michael, then somehow i feel it'll turn out to be an action which is incomprehensive, isn't it?

But, you know, "what if" is a strong word combination with rather unexpected answers at times, so i believe everything is possible) Maybe even action is not a bad call this time)
    Never Surrender Dreams (c) J. Michael Straczynski
    My music on Soundcloud YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lynx View Post
    Yes, that's right, he came up with design of mandible )

As for movies...

We have to admit, nowadays both series became predictive and are not scary anymore. There is no mystery left in those inimitable creations. Now we want the development of story, we want the exposure of origins of the creatures. Now it's more of sci-fi and action than horror, which is sad by the way but was inevitable.

If Predator 3 is directed by Michael, then somehow i feel it'll turn out to be an action which is incomprehensive, isn't it?

But, you know, "what if" is a strong word combination with rather unexpected answers at times, so i believe everything is possible) Maybe even action is not a bad call this time)
    Hey just noticed your signature. Babylon5 all the way! Great series I have all 5 seasons on dvd by the way.

I sure hope they do a predator 3 though, and we need to have him in the hero spotlight with honor as well. avp touched on that when he teamed up with the girl. Pred 1 only really had one scene when he let Anna go after he had shot Arnie. Pred 2 when he scanned the female cop and she was pregnant he let her live.

Default Predators

From HitFix:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew McWeeny
    Latino Review broke the news that Nimrod Antal will be directing "Predators," and AICN just interviewed Robert Rodriguez about the choice.
    Devin Faraci... he's not so sure.

Confession time: I actually met with Robert during the "hire a writer" part of the "Predators" process, and my partner and I wrote a treatment for how we'd do it. Alex Litvak ended up getting the gig, but just from the conversations we had with Robert, I'd say his enthusiasm for the film is everything you could ever ask of a producer. Does that mean this absolutely will reinvent the franchise? No. But it won't be for lack of trying, and I honestly do think there's a chance this will escape some of the manhandling that usually occurs with Fox franchise pictures.