Thread: "Why 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' And 'Transformers' May Rule Summer 2017."

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Arrow "Why 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' And 'Transformers' May Rule Summer 2017."

"Betting against the Transformers and Pirates franchises has been a losing game from the start. If we’re looking at recent history, Transformers: The Last Knight and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales seem to be positioned to rule the season, or at least be among the top movies next summer."

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#549cb5cf1eef
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: "Why 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' And 'Transformers' May Rule Summer 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    "Betting against the Transformers and Pirates franchises has been a losing game from the start. If we’re looking at recent history, Transformers: The Last Knight and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales seem to be positioned to rule the season, or at least be among the top movies next summer."

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen.../#549cb5cf1eef
    This is why I was glad that Jurassic World and Age of Extinction did not release so close together. Both were big name and were expected, and did, do very well at the box office. They both also featured dinosaurs as an over arching theme.

No doubt next year The Last Knight will again rock the Box Office. Say what you will about Bay or how he does his movies, but there is zero doubt he usually makes bank at the box office. Which means that regardless of what his haters say, he's generally tuned in to what the people want to see. The box office numbers usually back that up.

Default Re: "Why 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' And 'Transformers' May Rule Summer 2017."

I think most people are over Pirates of the Caribbean. It should have stopped after the second one. It will flop. Transformers though will soar

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post
    I think most people are over Pirates of the Caribbean. It should have stopped after the second one. It will flop.

I doubt it'll be a flop. This is still a huge, huge franchise.

In North America, yes, the next movie will not break any box office records. But globally the "Pirates" brand is still absolutely huge. Especially in Europe. Jack Sparrow is an extremely popular character and with the right marketing campaign I'm certain "Dead Men Tell No Tales" will hit it really big at the international box office. I'm talking $1 billion big. I'm even willing to bet that will make more money (globally) than "The Last Knight".

It's been a few years since the previous "Pirates" movie, so the fans are definitely hungry for more Jack Sparrow.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I doubt it'll be a flop. This is still a huge, huge franchise.

In North America, yes, the next movie will not break any box office records. But globally the "Pirates" brand is still absolutely huge. Especially in Europe. Jack Sparrow is an extremely popular character and with the right marketing campaign I'm certain "Dead Men Tell No Tales" will hit it really big at the international box office. I'm talking $1 billion big. I'm even willing to bet that will make more money (globally) than "The Last Knight".

It's been a few years since the previous "Pirates" movie, so the fans are definitely hungry for more Jack Sparrow.
    Not a "pirates " fan.
    I never make it to the end. Boring !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Thumbs up Re: "Why 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' And 'Transformers' May Rule Summer 2017."

I liked the Pirates with Penélope Cruz in it... you can guess why i liked it lol
    But seriously though, they were fun to watch i think i watch em all one way or another.

May Transformers 5 be a great succes! *lifts up beer*
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!