Thread: South Dakota

Default South Dakota

Ok, at this point it's safe to say that somehow, some way, the actual synopsis of the Last Knight was leaked way early without a bunch of other fake ones floating around.

Going off of it, this is what I'm thinking.

For awhile it didn't make sense that the Autobots would randomly pick the Badlands of South Dakota for their home base while Optimus was away. (It seemed more like a fan fic at first. Especially with King Arthur and Merlin brought into the picture.) I live here and the area is great, it just seemed odd of all places this area would be picked. Even if there is a solid reason and purpose.

Until more word leaked out.

Now it's making sense. While this is my opinion, it's what seems to tie it all together.

What's been stated is that the Dinobots have a bigger role this time with 'mini-Dinobots' as well. And that they will be in the Badlands of South Dakota with the other Autobots.

It makes sense. Want Dinosaur bones (or other buried mini-Dinobots)? Go to the Badlands. In real life countles Dinosaur bones are constantly found there.

Onslaught is here and no other Decepticons other than him and Megatron have been announced. This is where it all comes together.

I believe we will see Bruticus. I strongly do and it's one I've been rallying for. Like Devastator he's pretty bad a$$ and very strong. The need for more Dinobots likely will come with the arrival of Bruticus and the other Combaticons. This won't be like in the last movie where all they did was take out a bunch of cheap Decepticon drones that were human made. This will be full on Dinobot/Combiner action. Count on it.

The Badlands are remote. As are the Black Hills, with plenty of places to hide even though I doubt they will make it that far (a whole 45 minutes from the Badlands), I think it would be great. Yet they are central enough to the rest of the country to get to wherever fairly fast.

The presence of South Dakota State Troopers indicates a possible chase scene in South Dakota.

As for King Arthur and Merlin. I believe it will be a flash back and that if there is a time travel Transformer, it will be an Autobot. But I don't yet believe it is. The artifact could have gotten into Merlin and King Arthurs hands in other ways. Either way, the King Arthur and Merlin idea has grown on me and actually would help add credibility to what is otherwise a fictional legend. At least for the movie purpose and storyline purpose.

But since the Badlands and South Dakota are the Autobots home base, at least for this movie, I'm curious to see how big of a role it ends up playing in the movie. Will be interesting for sure.

------------------------------------------

Personally I would love to see the Autobots driving through the Black Hills on their way to the Badlands. And at one point stop at Mt. Rushmore (as their vehicle modes), and for fun have Bumblebee use a laser light show to replace the heads of the current presidents with that of Prime, Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet. In memorium of those that have died (or are presumed dead).

Just a simple, quick, and fun scene that pays homage. And for added measure have Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel, and Tyrese there as well. Tying all of the movies together with that one scene.
    Would be epic IMO. Nothing fancy or over the top. Just a simple, sweet moment.

For added effect have the humans that are there and see it cheer when they see it happen. Acknowledging their approval of the Autobots and those that have died for them. Thus encouraging the Autobots on their mission.

Hope they maximize the scenery here. Will look epic in the movie. And hope they don't take too many short cuts saying an area is South Dakota and it's not. People can see through that pretty well as the landscape here is somewhat unique.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: South Dakota

Don't forget Barricade has been announced as well.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bruticus anywhere but a city. I remember Michael's regret with Devastator being that we never got a great idea of his size since there wasn't much to scale him with in comparison in Egypt. Hence Driller got some great scale in the third film being in Chicago.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Default Re: South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Don't forget Barricade has been announced as well.

I don't think we'll be seeing Bruticus anywhere but a city. I remember Michael's regret with Devastator being that we never got a great idea of his size since there wasn't much to scale him with in comparison in Egypt. Hence Driller got some great scale in the third film being in Chicago.
    Forgot about Barricade. Just like they forgot about him the latest 3 movies. lol

And let's not forget that 3 headed dragon it looks like Prime is fighting.

That poster also shows a portion of what I believe is Unicron.

I could be wrong but I believe South Dakota plays a bigger part in this than we may think. Especially since it's the Autobot base for this movie. But role that is other than their base is yet to be known.

But I highly suspect the new Dinobots may well come from there too.