Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rod Revealed!

Default Hot Rod Revealed!

Hot Rod's been revealed/confirmed for Transformers 5! From the Facebook page.
    hotrod.jpg
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Default Re: Hot Rod Revealed!

Bumblebee's brother?!

head kinda reminds me of rat trap's from beast wars
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    Hot Rod's been revealed/confirmed for Transformers 5! From the Facebook page.
    The fanbase is CRYING out loud. I can't blame them....
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

yep it's true
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

What's his alt mode?

And is that a pacifier too in his mouth?

That backpack looking thing on his back is actually his car engine.
    hot-rod-social.jpg

And guess what? It's a Lamborghini.

SC06_2005_Lamborghini_Gallardo_engine.jpg

And further down the back of his robot mode, just below where the Lambo engine is, you will see a three-hole exhaust.

Well... 2017 Lamborghini Centenario alt mode confirmed! I just broke the code. Thank me later.

2017-lamborghini-centenario-lp770-4-inline3-photo-666494-s-original.jpg

And based on the colors of his robot mode, this is how he'll look in car mode

lamborghini-centenario-roadster-rendered-106552_1.jpg

And I forgot to mention earlier that the dark grey body is not paint. It is exposed carbon fiber. As the Centenario is fully carbon fiber.

2016_centenario_lp770_49.jpg

Usually with cars like these the company would release two versions, the painted one and the unpainted one. And normally the unpainted one is more expensive. Because the carbon fiber weave has to be perfect throughout the car. And the direction of the carbon fiber has to match on all the body panels. The slightest carbon weave imperfection would stick out. So it is more tedious to finish, as opposed to a painted car where any imperfection in the carbon fiber will be covered by the paint anyway.

So Hot Rod here is the exposed carbon fiber version.

I'm intrigued by the design. I suspect it'll look better on-screen or in motion - these designs usually do. I can see a few Bumblebee design cues, which ties into the whole 'brother-in-arms' thing.

The head's the only thing I'm a bit iffy on - now I'm wondering if it's a 'battle mode' mask like Bumblebee's.

Certainly a lovely car that was selected!

Transformers fans have been complaining about the design, colours, etc., but designs have been changing and names reused since Beast Wars, so the idea of a character name being attached to a different design is hardly new, and the colours are dictated by the car - although some car news sites state that owners can specify whatever colour they want, all the Centenario pics to date have been of bodies with exposed carbon fibre.

I hope he doesn't become Rodimus Prime.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I hope he doesn't become Rodimus Prime.
    It's doubtful he becomes Rodimus Prime with that Italian alt mode. Bumblebee is more likely as he is All American. It's really likely with Bumblebee the more I think of it, especially when you think this is Bayverse and he changes a lot of things.

We're really looking forward to this movie!

- Zyfyre

I am curious to find out how he is introduced. I am tired of just seeing bots appear on earth without a real back story. It would be cool to see him found by Optimus on some distant planet or even back in Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrichard78 View Post
    I am curious to find out how he is introduced. I am tired of just seeing bots appear on earth without a real back story. It would be cool to see him found by Optimus on some distant planet or even back in Cybertron.
    Or what's left of Cybertron. It pretty much broke apart at the end of Dark of the Moon.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

John Krasinski might be a great choice to voice Hot Rod if he wants to work with Michael again.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    John Krasinski might be a great choice to voice Hot Rod if he wants to work with Michael again.

hah or Judd Nelson!
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

it's alt mode is a AMG GT-R

Err, that's Drift mate!

Nathan

Personally I donít understand why Lamborghini chose these car models for the movies. Okay maybe Mr. Bay or somebody from the movie side asked for these models, but the manufacturer has the final say on what models may or may not appear in the movies because hey itís their cars.

On the business end for Lamborghini, what does featuring a Centenario (an exceptional vehicle by the way) in Transformers do? 99% of the people going to watch the movie will not be able to afford one in real life, or may not get one even if they have the money because the car will be produced in extremely limited numbers.

Why not throw in the Huracan (their entry-level model) instead for the movies? A Lamborghini model more TF fans would be able to afford in real life. More sales potential, sort of like GMís strategy with Bumblebee being a Camaro all that. GM could have chosen a more expensive alt mode for Bumblebee, but that would have not made sense.

I would of preferred this to be HotShot not Hot Rod.Hot shot has always been a bumblebee bee type character,where Hot Rod to me has been a little more elevated than bumble bee but not quite a prime.

Iím starting to feel that this Lamborghini Centenario is Michael Bayís personal car that he just wanted to be in the movie.

He probably ordered his spec from Lamborghini and hasnít gotten it yet hence we havenít seen it on set so far.

Because Lamborghini advertising a car this expensive (about $2.5 Million each) and exclusive (only limited to 20 in the world) in a robot movie thatís catered mostly to kids just doesnít add up. Besides, theyíre all sold out at this point, which makes it even less sensible to advertise.

You can argue that there were equally expensive cars like the Bugatti and the Pagani in TF4, but the difference was that those cars were not limited to 20 units. And Bugatti and Pagani only make cars that are that expensive anyway, so itís not as if they had cheaper models to advertise in movies. Whereas Lamborghini has cheaper models and mass production cars that would be more sensible to advertise to the general public, like for example the Huracan model.

So yeah this is like Michael Bayís personal car I believe.

Will he become Rodimus Prime? That can't be ruled out.

Remember that the title of the movie is 'The Last Knight'. We found out that Optimus Prime is a Knight. It's entirely possible Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime would make him The Last Knight. There are so many different ways that title could be played.

And here is a possible swerve. What if Prime thinks its Cybertron that was ruined but it's in fact Unicron? What if he is told this artifact will bring life back to Cybertron, but in reality it awakes and brings life to Unicron?

As for Hot Rod...IMO I think what would work best would be to do something that would right the wrongs. Kill him. Seriously. Most fans even back in the 80s only saw Optimus Prime as the leader and Rodimus could never replace him. The same still holds true today. There is only 1 real leader of the Autobots. Although Grimlock could be one too if need be. Bumbebee is best as a soldier IMO.

So if you can't find someone to replace him, why try? IMO, right the wrongs of the animated movie and kill Hot Rod and do not introduce Rodimus. Although it wouldn't hurt to at least make him seem less annoying. And when he goes out, he goes out swinging and being a badass.

Video of the Centenario on set in London.

Centenario mark starts at 3:09 in the vid. Interesting that it has yellow skirts and pinstripings as opposed to red. Maybe they'll change the color later on with CG or maybe Hot Rod will have yellow highlights instead of red as his final.

Also interesting is that he has "MI6" on his license plate. So will he be like some kind of British Autobot Spy?