Thread: Developing the Knighthood Theme in TF:TLK

Default Developing the Knighthood Theme in TF:TLK

So, as I mentioned in MY FIRST THREAD (regarding the Knighthood Theme established in TF:Age of Extinction), these movies have worked OVERTIME to hurry up and establish a new motif for the next few films. And the writers are obviously KICKING ASS at that goal!

This thread seeks to document that progression. Please DO read the previous installment linked-to above FIRST, but OMFG there is already SO MUCH to sink your teeth into HERE, w00t.

Please pardon me as I copy & paste my first several updates regarding this theme as the film began production.

MORE TO COME!!!

UPDATE: TF5 FILMING
    AT STONEHENGE

There's been a pretty cool development today regarding the knighthood theme found within the Transformers films. And I do mean that in the PLURAL sense, since the whole motif of knight-based design elements for the Transformers themselves began with Sentinel Prime, as revealed within the bonus features for TF:DotM, which is particularly of interest since he himself may have been a Cybertronian knight like his successor was revealed to have been in the following film.

But I digress.

As many of you may have noticed, the news broke today that TF5 has not only been scouting for filming locations in England, but specifically at STONEHENGE.

And so the plot thickens!

Intriguingly, one early, fictional accounting of the building of Stonehenge, by Geoffrey of Monmouth from his 14th century book Historia Regum Brittaniae, was that it was built by none other than Merlin himself and that King Arthur's father was buried inside its ring.

Of course there's no real way of knowing for sure exactly what their plans are for Stonehenge, but the very fact that they plan to film there at all would seem to suggest that the exploration of the knighthood theme from the previous two films is set to continue apace with the fifth!

OMFG I CANNOT WAIT.

Also of interest, and potential relevance to this discussion, is the lingering mystery of how exactly the massive blocks of Stonehenge were moved there and erected by ancient man. In fact, Merlin himself was said to have enlisted the help of "giants" in the task, an illustration of which from the same book by Geoffrey of Monmouth happens to be the earliest known depiction of Stonehenge, as seen below.

So.

Anyone wanna bet those giants who built Stonehenge will soon turn out to have been from Cybertron???

XD

UPDATE!!!

OMFG YES

\m/ -___- \m/

UPDATE!!!

Annnd they've
    OFFICIALLY CAST
    AN ACTUAL FUCKING KNIGHT
    in TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT.
    Welcome, SIR Anthony Hopkins!!!

O_O

UPDATE TIME AGAIN!!!

As I'm sure many of you have already seen, recent snapchat promotions for Transformers: The Last Knight have included images of a new Autobot alt. mode, presumably Hound's, which features the symbol for the Red Cross.

Intriguingly, and most relevant to the subject of this thread as well as QUITE possibly to the movie itself, the symbolism of the Red Cross actually stems from the Middle Ages, specifically THE ORDER OF KNIGHTS known as the Rosicrucians.

In deference to the (occasionally absurdly misguided) rules of these boards, I can't really say much about them...but it's likewise relevant and worth noting that the Rosicrucians were intimately tied to and involved with the pursuit of alchemy, one of the principle pursuits of which just so happens to have been the transmutation of lead into gold.

This of course had deeper, spiritual underpinnings perhaps best understood on a metaphorical level, but regardless the core concept itself was one of...do I even NEED to say it?!? Yeah. You guessed it.

TRANSFORMATION!!!

How FASCINITING it is then in light of the revelation that the filmmakers have QUITE HEAVYHANDEDLY hinted at the fact of THE LAST KNIGHT'S golden hue, eh?

Maaaan, these movies have ALWAYS been positively LADEN with symbolism and subtext, but I can't HELP but feel like these new writers have REALLY outdone themselves and gone the extra mile THIS time around!!! It really seems like THIS one in particular is REALLY gonna be something SPECIAL.

I mean...DAMN.

o_O

Default Re: Developing the Knighthood Theme in TF:TLK

Stone Henge looks like a space bridge portal from the original G1 cartoon.

HOLY FUCK.

You are actually TOTALLY RIGHT about that!

Excellent contribution, thanks!

XD

Man, I am loving SO MUCH all the continued revelations regarding he exploration of this theme in the latest film.

Possibly hiring a guy who played King Arthur before to play him AGAIN, Laura Haddock with the Suicide King skull, etc., etc., etc.

SO FUCKING COOL.

\m/

OMG, I'm honestly just bumping this because there is SO MUCH MORE to discuss now that this movie's BADASS first trailer has FINALLY been released!

XD

Thumbs up Re: Developing the Knighthood Theme in TF:TLK

When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Hmm.

Pretty interesting stuff, thanks!