Thread: Out of the Shadows Review

Default Out of the Shadows Review

Just got back from this.

Really fun and enjoyable for the whole family. I would say it topped the first one, because there was more action. This time we're past the 'origin' storytelling. So it's jump to action right away!

And one of the new comers... Stephen Amell... was great. I like how he's able to flex his acting to fit a different character. He didn't give out an 'Arrow' vibe throughout the movie. And that is a great actor. You know how some actors seem to play the same character in every movie... you know like Jesse Eisenberg for example -- that dude acts the same way in every single movie he's in. But not Stephen Amell.

The Turtles are as funny as ever while April remains April.

And like the first one there were scenes that are kind of Bay-ish. SPOILER AHEAD...

The inside of Krang's ship felt kind of like Lockdown's ship. And when Krang's head had been ripped off in the final battle it was reminiscent of a lot of Decepticon heads being ripped off in the TF movies.
    And I really, really liked the Bumblebee homage in the Halloween parade scene near the beginning of the movie!

You should watch this!

Default Re: Out of the Shadows Review

Just got back from seeing it, very fun movie!

I liked the first, but there just wasn't enough of it in my opinion. This one ups the stakes, with a ton of new characters, and amazing action. It's not gonna win over any critics, but if you like big fun action movies (and being on here I assume you do) then this delivers in spades.

Shout out to David Green his direction on this was awesome from the action to the quieter moments. I'd like to see him tackle the Bumblebee spin off.

Better than X-Men: Apocalypse! And nobody would have thought that.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Very good movie! Much better than the first and the most fun I've had at the movies this year. Certainly better than some of this years biggest movies such as Batman v Superman, The Jungle Book, and X-Men.

Nailed the franchise! Hope to see something like this again, if not better, for the third.

Also, has anyone noticed Megan Fox' saggy neck skin in the movie?

I absolutely loved this movie. It was a cartoon fan's wet dream. They got all the characters damn near perfect here. I can't say enough good things about it, and i'm already looking forward to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I absolutely loved this movie. It was a cartoon fan's wet dream. They got all the characters damn near perfect here. I can't say enough good things about it, and i'm already looking forward to another one.
    Me too man and it's a sequel even better than the original.

I'm sure April digs Don the most out of the turtles for his brains and stuff.

For those of you who are waiting for Turtles 3, don't hold your breath or you'll have to hold it for a very long time cause the second one was a major flop at the Box Office...
    http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-n...e-flop/#tmnt-2

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    For those of you who are waiting for Turtles 3, don't hold your breath or you'll have to hold it for a very long time cause the second one was a major flop at the Box Office...
    http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-n...e-flop/#tmnt-2
    The majority of the summer movies flopped this year.Including some that were expected to be big hits.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)