Thread: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Default Spider-Man: Homecoming

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios Find Their ‘Spider-Man’ Star and Director
    Tom Holland Cast as the Web-Slinger, Jon Watts to Direct the Next Spider-Man Adventure
    Commenting on the announcement, Tom Rothman, Sony Pictures Motion Pictures Group Chairman, said, “It’s a big day here at Sony. Kevin, Amy and their teams have done an incredible job. The Marvel process is very thorough, and that’s why their results are so outstanding. I’m confident Spider-Man will be no exception. I’ve worked with a number of up-and-coming directors who have gone on to be superstars and believe that Jon is just such an outstanding talent.

Feige commented, “As with James Gunn, Joss Whedon, and the Russo brothers, we love finding new and exciting voices to bring these characters to life. We spent a lot of time with Jon and find his take and work inspiring.”

‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Finds Its Writers: ‘Vacation’ Duo In Talks
    Vacation writer-directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein are being set right now to write the Spider-Man reboot movie for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios.

'Spider-Man' Finds Tom Holland to Star as New Web-Slinger
    The actor will appear in both Sony's 2017 stand-alone films as well as 'Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War,' which will preceed it.

Michael Keaton Circling Villain Role in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
    Talks are in the very early stages — it’s not quite clear if there’s an offer on the table — but overtures are there.

Default Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Michael Keaton should play The Vulture. Here's why I think he should:

1. We've never seen The Vulture before on the big screen. So this should be something fresh for everyone.

2. Mr. Keaton played the "Birdman" and The Vulture would be a great nod to that, especially if the costume comes with a Vulture cowl!

3. That would unofficially pick up where Amazing Spider-man 2 had left off. Remember at the end of ASM2, they teased The Vulture as the next villain, perhaps for ASM3 but that movie never materialized.

There's confirmation that Tony Stark/ Iron Man will be in Spider-Ma: Homecoming

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Michael Keaton should play The Vulture. Here's why I think he should:

1. We've never seen The Vulture before on the big screen. So this should be something fresh for everyone.

2. Mr. Keaton played the "Birdman" and The Vulture would be a great nod to that, especially if the costume comes with a Vulture cowl!

3. That would unofficially pick up where Amazing Spider-man 2 had left off. Remember at the end of ASM2, they teased The Vulture as the next villain, perhaps for ASM3 but that movie never materialized.
    He'd be great, but would be he willing to play another comic book character? I'm not too sure.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    He'd be great, but would be he willing to play another comic book character? I'm not too sure.
    I think he's joined the cast already, or if not already in advance stage of talks to star in the movie.

If he's going to be the Vulture I'm curious how they'd make his flight suit not-so-similar to The Falcon's. Or perhaps he steals the tech from The Falcon?? Would be very interesting twist since they share the SAME universe as The Falcon!

'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Set for 2019
    Sony has set Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 for a July 5, 2019 release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Couch
    Tom Holland stars as the Marvel hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming, which hits theaters July 7, 2017. Holland, who made his debut as the hero in this summer's Captain America: Civil War, has a six-picture deal to play the webslinger in three solo movies and three other appearances in Marvel Cinematic Universe films (such as an Avengers film).

The July 2019 release date for the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel currently is the furthest date for the MCU, which also has an untitled Avengers 4 is set for May 3, 2019.
    'Spider-Man': Tom Holland Reveals How Many Marvel Films He's Signed For
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Couch
    Holland says he's on board for three Spider-Man solo movies and three appearances as the web slinger in other Marvel Cinematic films. So far, he's already shot two of those films — this summer's Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.