Thread: Alex Proyas: "Critics are less than worthless."

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Thumbs up Alex Proyas: "Critics are less than worthless."

"None of them are brave enough to say "well I like it" if it goes against consensus."

I agree with Proyas. Here's the whole thing:

- http://movieweb.com/gods-of-egypt-di...ics-worthless/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: Alex Proyas: "Critics are less than worthless."

I saw already at the first trailer that the movie will probably win a ton of Razzie Awards next year. It just looked so bad with all the cheap CGI effects and all. In Sweden it was supposed to go up in the movie theaters April 1st, but apparently the whole movie is a big April Fools day joke, so they pulled it and it's going straight away to VHS and DVD! It seems to be so bad that it probably won't even be released on Blu-ray! LOL!!!

Rotten Tomatoes is 'the destruction of our business,' says director

Why Brett Ratner Is Wrong About Rotten Tomatoes

A handy tool for discerning film fans, Rotten Tomatoes is nothing close to “the worst thing” about movie culture today

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Why Brett Ratner Is Wrong About Rotten Tomatoes
    A handy tool for discerning film fans, Rotten Tomatoes is nothing close to “the worst thing” about movie culture today

The people who act all angry, because of what Ratner said, are the same ones who go after studio movies with bitter, extremely hateful reviews. No wonder they're so pissed.

Personally, I'm glad when filmmakers address this issue head-on. They have the right to defend their movies.

P.S. I don't use Rotten Tomatoes, I never go there. I don't listen to critics in general. Not anymore....
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."