Thread: 13 Hours Global Release

Default 13 Hours Global Release

SO how many of you've seen 13 Hours outside the US. Have you seen TV ads, posters, etc in your country? Post away.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: 13 Hours Global Release

No promotion in New Zealand at all except for the new edition of the book with the "Now a Major Motion Picture" cover which stores are keeping in war/military aisles or displays of books that have been adapted recently such as The Revenant, The Danish Girl, The Big Short, etc.

No TV ads, no trailers in cinemas, no posters, nothing. And the movie is out here February 25 while we're getting stuff for March-June. Maybe the cinemas haven't received any trailers to show, as I've been very surprised that for a movie out here so soon I haven't see it advertised with other adult true story movies such as The Revenant, Joy, The Danish Girl, Spotlight, The Big Short, and other R rated movies such as The Hateful Eight and Dirty Grandpa. Plenty of Batman V Superman, Captain America, Zoolander, Gods of Egypt, and other stuff though.

It'll be released in Korea in March 3. Not noticeable promotions except some trailers.

I just saw it yesterday. Here in Spain the film has had almost zero impact, which is a shame because it's probably the best Bay movie to date. I loved it. It's intense and it's very emotional. Love the mood of disappointment that fills the whole movie.

Love the symbols. The 3 shots of the American flag are genius.

Love how it plays with the expectations created by Hollywood (and by Bay himself). I know the sequence when Sona calls for help, and tells that if they don't come they are all going to die. I know that sequence. The officer reluctantly breaks the chain of command, because that's the right thing to do at that moment, the pilots run to the planes and the cavalry arrives while a heroic theme plays loudly... but not this time. This time we see the silent shot of the base, with no one running and no heroic theme. This is the real world, not the Hollywood world.

I love how the first act shows lots of signs about what's going to happen and teaches us the geography of the place.

Could go on forever, but I have to leave.

Best Bay movie to date.

Yeah I love the use of geography, especially when they're fortifying the top of the buildings at the annex and set up their sniper sights.

The American military thing I noticed too. Those silent shots of the aircraft and what-not. The use of the American flag at the end reminded me too of something someone posted here when Pain & Gain was released and the shot of Lugo looking up at the flag from behind the prison fences. This is "dark side of America Michael Bay", a nice balance to what we get in his other movies.

Really hoping we got a commentary with the Blu-ray.

RELEASE THE KRACKEN in my country Mike! XD
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I don't have an inside info, but from an outsider's perspective Paramount did a piss-poor job with this movie. The domestic marketing campaign was simply weak, and maybe they were little too focused on the conservative part of the audience. And ultimately that hurt the movie, box office-wise. Many people saw it as a propaganda piece (really?) and ignored it.

Internationally, it's even worse. According to Box Office Mojo "13 Hours" made little over $12 million outside North America, which is embarrassing. And that's not because people didn't want to see it - the movie was simply not released in many countries. It's like Paramount just threw it out there and didn't really care for it. There's nothing on the DVD/Blu-ray release as well, even though it's been a few months since the theatrical release.

Shame, because it's a very powerful movie that needs to be seen by as many people as possible. But just like "Pain & Gain" the suits at Paramount didn't do their job properly. I guess for them if it's not "Transformers" it doesn't matter.

I really hope that for his next non-Transformers movie Michael Bay works with a different studio. Because it seems that Paramount is not interested in attracting an audience (I'm talking worldwide) for his other movies.

At least that's how I see it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I don't have an inside info, but from an outsider's perspective Paramount did a piss-poor job with this movie. The domestic marketing campaign was simply weak, and maybe they were little too focused on the conservative part of the audience. And ultimately that hurt the movie, box office-wise. Many people saw it as a propaganda piece (really?) and ignored it.

Internationally, it's even worse. According to Box Office Mojo "13 Hours" made little over $12 million outside North America, which is embarrassing. And that's not because people didn't want to see it - the movie was simply not released in many countries. It's like Paramount just threw it out there and didn't really care for it. There's nothing on the DVD/Blu-ray release as well, even though it's been a few months since the theatrical release.

Shame, because it's a very powerful movie that needs to be seen by as many people as possible. But just like "Pain & Gain" the suits at Paramount didn't do their job properly. I guess for them if it's not "Transformers" it doesn't matter.

I really hope that for his next non-Transformers movie Michael Bay works with a different studio. Because it seems that Paramount is not interested in attracting an audience (I'm talking worldwide) for his other movies.

At least that's how I see it.
    I agree with your opinion. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    to Box Office Mojo "13 Hours" made little over $12 million outside North America, which is embarrassing. And that's not because people didn't want to see it - the movie was simply not released in many countries. It's like Paramount just threw it out there and didn't really care for it.
    That's exactly what happened. Many people would have seen it but were totally unaware of the movie's existence because there was hardly any marketing for it. Pain & Gain suffered the same. Paramount has Mike on a little string "we'll fund this movie for you if you give us another Transformers". For every Pain & Gain and 13 Hours we get a TF4 and 5. Not fair.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Paramount has Mike on a little string "we'll fund this movie for you if you give us another Transformers". For every Pain & Gain and 13 Hours we get a TF4 and 5. Not fair.

I don't actually mind the whole "Do one for us, we'll do one for you". It's Hollywood, it's business. The problem is that aside from the "Transformers" franchise none of Bay's Paramount movies were able to hit $100 million worldwide. Sure, both "13 Hours" and "Pain & Gain" are hardcore R-rated pictures and not exactly blockbuster material, but with a stronger marketing campaign and a proper international release I believe they could easily earn $100 million worldwide. They have the potential.

But unfortunately we see a different picture. And I blame Paramount for that.

By the way, I did some digging and found an information about the Blu-ray release of "13 Hours". I guess we have to wait until June 7th, 2016:

- http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2969...fbenghazi.html

Too bad that there's no audio commentary...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Getting fucking sick and tired of the movie not releasing here.. LOADS of Turkish and Arab movies last week while 13 hours should have released and it DIDN't!!! But we get these SHITTY FUKIN MOVIES HERE!!

I want 13 hours! And i want it FUCKIN NOW!!!

This week there are more normal movies but no 13 hours here...

Politically influenced not to be released here..?
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!