I just got back from seeing the film and wow. Even as a consistent fan of his work, this is the best film Bay has made in quite some time, possibly ever. Great job, Michael.
That being said, I couldn't help but notice some things. Not to say these are nitpicks or marks against the film, just some things I noticed that I thought other Bay fans might pick up on. Please do not read further if you haven't seen the film.
First, there were quite a few Transformers "easter eggs." Some things I caught:
- In the opening minutes, a shot of one of the F16's taking off of the aircraft carrier, and another of a helicopter over Shanghai have been reused from Revenge of the Fallen.
- Similarly, there were a few shots of what looked like the NEST base set later in the film. I'm not certain, but believe I may have seen an E7 on the wall.
- The shot of the drone focusing towards the camera from TF1, TF2, and TF4 (I can't remember if it is in 3) is reused again here.
- Tanto's dog is one of Bay's english mastiffs.
- The group 17Feb is a reference to Bay's February 17th birthday.
- Bay introduces a new version of the bomb drop from Pearl Harbor.
- I noticed a few sound effects from the Transformers films. One of them being a Sentinel Prime motor sound effect used during the arrival of the convoy at the end of the film.
I'm curious to know what all you caught. I'm looking forward to seeing the film again in the near future. Once again, fantastic job, Michael.