Thread: Michael Bay Confirmed As The Director Of Transformers 5

Default Michael Bay Confirmed As The Director Of Transformers 5

Default Re: Michael Bay Confirmed As The Director Of Transformers 5

I'm happy Michael's back for one more trip to Cybertron, although I'm glad he had time to recharge his batteries on non-TF projects during the interim.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Unicron showing up. He'd be a perfect villain to close out Bay's gargantuan robo-saga, the same way Bryan Singer seems to be using Apocalypse to finish his "X-Men" run.

Great to hear Bay is returning! I love his stuff!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Great to know Bay is back! All we really needed were new writers and we've got them. I really hope we get Unicorn and/or the Quintessons this time, it seems the most natural route to go.

Also got my fingers crossed for Bumblebee to die and to see more Dinobots!

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Also got my fingers crossed for Bumblebee to die
    That sounds so not like you.

Amazing news! Thanks for the update. Best day of the year for me so far looking forward to 13 Hours and then the waiting begins for any info on the new TF movie. I love this process

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnerD View Post
    Amazing news! Thanks for the update. Best day of the year for me so far looking forward to 13 Hours and then the waiting begins for any info on the new TF movie. I love this process
    You and Me both ...New writers finally (finally) gets me all excited again ! i hope for TF5 they get rid of the tetris transformations and knight themed transformers. Gives us new designs please michael ! oh and bring back Megan Fox !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

It might be a good idea to stay away from the comment sections of articles related to this announcement. The predictable-as-clockwork Bay-bashing has already begun. You have to wonder what these people would do with themselves if they didn't have the internet at their fingertips...

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    It might be a good idea to stay away from the comment sections of articles related to this announcement. The predictable-as-clockwork Bay-bashing has already begun. You have to wonder what these people would do with themselves if they didn't have the internet at their fingertips...
    All though i do agree with you that there is a great amount of free hate out there towards Bay, he's hardly a flawless director.

Every movie has flaws, but some of the things that i consider flaws in a movie MBay seems to grab on to as his signature. Its his choice and mine too if i dont want to watch his movies. The grey area is that he does deliver great visual works of art in themes that i apreciate, such as transformers. Do i love the way he traslated them on screen? absolutely! did i need to see Bee pissing on Simmons on TF1? no, no i didnt. And thats the thing that turns me off about going back to watch those movies. The cool feeling i get from watching Devastator combine is utterly squashed when you get a good look at his testicles!

I do believe the movies are going into a new direction but knowing Bay, we will get alot of the same and i would just love a fresh, slightly more mature film. I'm older than i was when TF1 came out and i would love a new take on the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    All though i do agree with you that there is a great amount of free hate out there towards Bay, he's hardly a flawless director.

Every movie has flaws, but some of the things that i consider flaws in a movie MBay seems to grab on to as his signature. Its his choice and mine too if i dont want to watch his movies. The grey area is that he does deliver great visual works of art in themes that i apreciate, such as transformers. Do i love the way he traslated them on screen? absolutely! did i need to see Bee pissing on Simmons on TF1? no, no i didnt. And thats the thing that turns me off about going back to watch those movies. The cool feeling i get from watching Devastator combine is utterly squashed when you get a good look at his testicles!

I do believe the movies are going into a new direction but knowing Bay, we will get alot of the same and i would just love a fresh, slightly more mature film. I'm older than i was when TF1 came out and i would love a new take on the franchise.
    Same here ! the man is absolutely brilliant. But he has to step up to the plate and bring his A-game for TF5.
    TF1 &2 where Magic. Transformers Dark of the Moon was ok. TF4 a complete mess (ugly transformers knight themed designs, lazy Tetris tranformations)

I for one welcome the dorky humor from TF1&TF2 back for TF5. but yeah that's personal.

i 'am looking forward to more info regarding TF5.
    Nicola Peltz can stay , but her boyfriend what's his name ? don't have to come back just focus on her and Marky Wahlberg. and figure out a way to bring back Megan Fox.

I have trust in Michael com on and bring back the magic !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Welcome back, Mr. Bay!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

"Transformers" back in Chicago?

Here's what Bay says on the matter - http://wgnradio.com/2016/01/10/john-...s-of-benghazi/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

We need Unicron badly

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    We need Unicron badly
    not to go against you here but imo unicron, as i know him from the animated movie is not only silly, but completely impractical! they already hit "ridiculous' in TF3 with a planet being brought into the solar system without any consequences to the orbit of the Earth or other planets. silly physics makes for a unrealistic movie.

Great news, maybe he can use 5 to fix the whole Transfomioum transformation process and have a reason why the Decpticons need to return to the old style transforming instead of the CGI nightmare from 4