Thread: Am I alone...

Default Am I alone...

who think promotion of the movie needs to be more active? Well it has too many competitors. Star Wars, The Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Ride Along 2...not sure of the movie's box office success. I don't expect it to be smash hit like Transformers or American Sniper, but it's great to see at least "Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor level" success.

Default Re: Am I alone...

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    who think promotion of the movie needs to be more active? Well it has too many competitors. Star Wars, The Hateful Eight, The Revenant, Ride Along 2...not sure of the movie's box office success. I don't expect it to be smash hit like Transformers or American Sniper, but it's great to see at least "Black Hawk Down or Lone Survivor level" success.
    I agree with you....let's wait and see how this movie does. I hope it's raw.
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

It'll be opened in less than 3000 theaters. Approximately 2300 theaters. Its marketing and distribution are quite disappointing.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

No trailers or posters for it here in New Zealand. Though apparently we're not getting it till March 10. At least it's not another four month wait like we had with Pain & Gain. Yesterday I saw these at a popular bookstore, so the marketing here will probably start heating up soon.

13 hours book.jpg

Well it seems kinda fucked up at the US box office. Heavy and sensitive subject, no A-list star, January release which got no Oscar talk, insufficient screens...Good job Paramount. Now I understand why Bay keeps going back to Transformers. Many audiences only care Transformers and TMNT. Sad reality.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    Well it seems kinda fucked up at the US box office. Heavy and sensitive subject, no A-list star, January release which got no Oscar talk, insufficient screens...Good job Paramount. Now I understand why Bay keeps going back to Transformers. Many audiences only care Transformers and TMNT. Sad reality.

This will cheer you up. From Deadline.com:

"For a film that carries an estimated $50M budget, rival distribs tell me this is a decent start for this economically budgeted Michael Bay vehicle. CinemaScore crowds are giving 13 Hours the best grade among this weekend’s wide entries: an A grade. And not just one demo, but various ages gave 13 Hours same version of an A. Word of mouth has certainly kicked in."

The movie is doing fine.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I'm in the theater waiting to see it now. It's about two thirds full, not bad for a Sunday.

But honestly I saw a huge crowd for The Revenant leaving the theater next door. It's still very competitive at the box office, and the films are competing for the same R rated moviegoers. Just the way it is. But as Bay hem says, it's on track to do fine.