Thread: Stuart Gordon

Default Stuart Gordon

Random thought, but for those who have seen the extra features on the new Robot Jox blu-ray. Get Stuart Gordon to direct the next Transformers! Stuart directed Robot Jox and made it happen as direct result of being a fan of Transformers!

Default Re: Stuart Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Orange View Post
    Random thought, but for those who have seen the extra features on the new Robot Jox blu-ray. Get Stuart Gordon to direct the next Transformers! Stuart directed Robot Jox and made it happen as direct result of being a fan of Transformers!
    Sounds awesome with Bay as producer.

Gordon is a fantastic director who made the 1985 sci-fi horror masterpiece and one of my fave horror flicks Re-Animator along with From Beyond, Dolls, that movie you mentioned, Dagon, Fortess, Castle Freak and even produced The Dentist, Honey I Shrunk the Kids etc.

Stuart Gordon would most likely be a terrible director for a 200+ Millions blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    Stuart Gordon would most likely be a terrible director for a 200+ Millions blockbuster.
    Did you know back in the 90s when Universal had the rights to Iron Man that Stuart Gordon was gonna direct it?

And you seen Re-Animator?

Not Re-Animator, but I have seen a couple of his movies (Dolls, Space Truckers, Fortress, Dagon) and I'm not saying he is a bad director (Dagon is a great Lovecraft adaptation, specially considering the low budget but Fortress and Spacce Truckers are pretty bad), but I don't see him in this kind of movie.

Specially for a Transformers sequel, and after Bay's work, it has to be someone with a very dynamic and modern shooting style. Otherwise they won't feel connected.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    Not Re-Animator, but I have seen a couple of his movies (Dolls, Space Truckers, Fortress, Dagon) and I'm not saying he is a bad director (Dagon is a great Lovecraft adaptation, specially considering the low budget but Fortress and Spacce Truckers are pretty bad), but I don't see him in this kind of movie.

Specially for a Transformers sequel, and after Bay's work, it has to be someone with a very dynamic and modern shooting style. Otherwise they won't feel connected.

Re-Animator is definitely a must rent Alexsm, it's an awesome sci-fi horror comedy and a fun/gross adaptation of Lovecraft's story, there's also From Beyond which i recommend as well. I'm sure you seen Honey I Shrunk the Kids which he co-wrote with Brian Yuzna and also seen The Dentist (The 1996 torture/slasher film with Corben Bernsen) as well which he co-wrote.