Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unicron

Default Re: Unicron

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    A rip off of FF2??? LMAO .. are you serious?????? Ya must not have been a Transformers fan for too long. Unicron eating planets has been around since 1986. Galactus as a dust cloud in a movie that just came out is a heck of a lot different.
    Galactus has been eating planets since 1966. Goofy costume and all.

Besides, the average moviegoer would make the association (with that atrocious FF2 movie) about giant beings devouring planets anyway. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Galactus has been eating planets since 1966. Goofy costume and all.

Besides, the average moviegoer would make the association (with that atrocious FF2 movie) about giant beings devouring planets anyway. I think.
    doesn't really matter...deep impact, and Armageddon were released not far apart from each other! Not much of a difference in the actual threat to earth in either of those movies.

Most of us know about Galactus, but how many people thought bay was ripping off "The Borg" from star trek when "The cube" was introduced?

Anyhow...If Bay's gut tells him he needs Unicron.....then Unicron we will see

Quote Originally Posted by guitarded View Post
    doesn't really matter...deep impact, and Armageddon were released not far apart from each other! Not much of a difference in the actual threat to earth in either of those movies.

Most of us know about Galactus, but how many people thought bay was ripping off "The Borg" from star trek when "The cube" was introduced?

Anyhow...If Bay's gut tells him he needs Unicron.....then Unicron we will see
    Touche'. Good point in the first part of your post.

Don't know about The Borg though. Only trekkies maybe?

I dunno...star trek on the big screen was popular..I'm sure lots of regular joe's saw it

You know if you have the plot involve Unicron in the first sequal it seems like a bit of a jump.

I mean so far it looks like their was only just one battle on earth but things have yet to escalate and having things jump from the beginning of the story to some where in the middle of a important event in the Transformers histlory seems like a strech.

It would be better if they didn't include Unicron or at least used the sequal to show why and how the Autobot Decepticon war is going to flare on Earth and Prime finding out why the Decepticons are going to continue this war on Earth (with out the All spark the Decepticons have little use in continuing the war unless the Decepticons have discovered something that they could use in the place of the all spark or a way to bring back the All Spark)

I also hope they don't have Megatron turn into Galvatron. I liked the way the marvel Comic depected Megatron and Galvatron as two different guy's. It also fits because even though Galvatron is much more powerful he's not a very good stratigest as Megatron (not to mention megatorn's wiser). It would be cool however to see Megatron and Galvatron fight I think that in the comic Megatron won that fight.

Nono to Unicron, at least in TF2. Too much CG if y'ask me.

i just hope if thay ever put Unicron in a TF i hope it'sin the very last one. TF5 or TF6 if thay make that many films.

Quote Originally Posted by IMT Guyver View Post
    i just hope if thay ever put Unicron in a TF i hope it'sin the very last one. TF5 or TF6 if thay make that many films.
    I... don't think he should be in it at all. Too much CG! (imagine fitting Sam and Mikaela into that.. ouch) Don't even get me started on how long it would take to produce, either.

.. I do, however, like the idea of six TF films. Heck yes.

Banned

Unicron should be left to cartoons, and comics.

If the Allspark is gone and it was the only way to restore "life" to cybertron I am going to go out on a limb and say it was the closest thing to primus in this Generation 8 or whatever the hell the movies are.

With no Allspark, no Vector Sigma or Oracle [even if they're in this universe they have no power] no Matrix and Prime walking around with a regular spark in him The TFs couldnt take Unicron.

They would need some kind of Spark Energy Spirit Bomb

Not to mention I already feel uncomfortably close to Prime with the way he transforms around the screen, I dont think I could stomach Unicron's 15 minute shift to robot mode.

Actually there is a fragment of the all spark left and since it was stated that the cube is raw power it's possible for the cube to restore itself or be restored somehow.

The Decepticons may be able to figure out a way to restore the fragment of the cube. The best way I can think of would be that take the cube fragment and find megatron's body and see if you can extract the remanes of the spark and merge if with the Fragment.

Call me crazy but I think that the cube may have merged somewhat with megatron and it was to much for Megatron's systems so he shut down. It's possible that the cube would restore megatron once the All spark energy is removed from him.

Like the cube was broken instead of destoryed.

If they were to ever put Unicron on the big screen, it would have to be the concluding chapter of the Transformers film franchise (TF3 being the top candidate).

Here are some pros and cons to this:

Pros:

-Unicron is the most evil thing in Transformers history
    -his presence could lead toward the introduction of Primus in the film franchise
    -This ultimate evil force would force the Autobots and Decepticons to unite to stop him; if they win, this could end the Great War

Cons:

-the physics are unfathomable, Unicron's sheer size is extremely hard to work with when it comes to things such as his transformation...it could take millions of years for him to turn into a robot!!! On order to cut it down to just a few minutes, they would have to break the laws of physics, which is something Bay and the crew do not want to do. Plus, being SO BIG, Unicron would have his own gravity and making a full scale attack on Cybertron would alter its planetary orbit! (if he attacked Earth, life would end before he makes direct contact with it) The only way it MIGHT be possible if he was just the size of a small battle station.
    -the critics wouldn't buy it, but we don't listen to them don't we?
    -Unicron is like the Death Star transforming into Galactus, this would upset the Star Wars and Marvel Comics community

So the Cons pretty much outweight the pros, but if Bay and Speilberg can come up with something (which I seriously doubt), I'd sure like to see it!

I don't see why unicron would be so difficult to produce.....on screen he would fill the screen just like prime or megatron.........the autobots, and decepticons would be smaller cgi images

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Plus, being SO BIG, Unicron would have his own gravity and making a full scale attack on Cybertron would alter its planetary orbit! (if he attacked Earth, life would end before he makes direct contact with it)
    It's all about turning weaknesses into strengths. So, Unicron would have his own sphere of gravity? Why not? Alex and Roberto should grab that idea and run with it! For Unicron to be able to wipe out entire worlds without even touching them would only enhance the mystery and dread surrounding his character.

As for Unicron taking years to fully transform...well, audiences didn't have much of a problem with alien robots shapeshifting into various Terran vehicles, so it doesn't exactly stand to reason they wouldn't buy a living planet twice the size of Jupiter transforming into the biggest robot of all time within the space of three-to-five minutes, now does it?

i think unicron should be in the 3rd finale simply because he is essential for the transformers in all their universes, its like having transformers without cybertron. the original movie was dramatic because of him, it game the story something more than constant autobot vs decepticon gang fights, even the cartoon made their fights pointless both sides always won and peace didnt last long. Unicron gave the story a 3rd faction and a common foe where you can see both good and bad join forces to stop him, who didnt have an orgasm seeing both autobots and decepticons combine in an all out assault on unicron when he attacked their planet? to me unicron works for bay need i recall the hugeass mothership of independance day and how it did the unicorn blast on the white house? unicron should be the counter or polar opposite of the allspark a planet devoid of life,feeding on it, the constant life giving of the allspark would seem very tasty to Unicron.

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    It's all about turning weaknesses into strengths. So, Unicron would have his own sphere of gravity? Why not? Alex and Roberto should grab that idea and run with it! For Unicron to be able to wipe out entire worlds without even touching them would only enhance the mystery and dread surrounding his character.

As for Unicron taking years to fully transform...well, audiences didn't have much of a problem with alien robots shapeshifting into various Terran vehicles, so it doesn't exactly stand to reason they wouldn't buy a living planet twice the size of Jupiter transforming into the biggest robot of all time within the space of three-to-five minutes, now does it?
    well considering unicron could care less about the well being of cybertron or earth i dont think him having gravitation effects would bother him heck the planets wont be around long enough to have any danger they would be in his belly, as for his transformation time i doublt it would be that long its all proportionate his gears and systems would be big enough to push his parts as quck as any autobot, look at barricade hes how many times the size of frenzy and transforms just as fast as him? its not like unicron was build using autobot grade parts afterall. besides if everyone wants to nitpick then Unicron doesnt even have to show up on earth or cybetron, he can be the ominous threat at the end of the galaxy like he was in the trilogies sending out his own robots to take over. cgi unicron wont take up any more screen realestate than megamaid did in space balls.

I was just pondering this last night until I can upon a realization:

UNICRON IS A GOD!

He can do whatever the heck he wants.

Has anyone ever thought what his theme song should sound like? I always envisioned a massive pipe organ playing when he destroys a planet!

Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    I dont think Unicron should even exist in Bays TF films. To G1.
    And the Quintessons would be cool to see, but i dont think it'll work for Bays films. Didnt they Create the Transformers? Where in bays films we learnt the Cube did that..?
    I agree leave the cartoon series and the live movies different. It's also more interesting to see another view of the tranformers. I loved how Michael Bay made the fans think it was possible for transformers to really exist. I liked his approach to this movie franchise and I understand why he doesn't want the dinobots in the film. Don't get me wrong Im one of the the biggest Grimlock fan. I remember growing up, I was grimlock for halloween.

The way I see whole Unicron thing work into the second movie, is if he and he alone is resposible for brining back Megatron.

Unicron slowly encroches apon the Laurentian Abyss at night, uses hhis tractor beam to raise the body of Megatron and any dead decepticons on Earth to destroy the remaining shard of the Allspark, the idea being that the Allspark kept him away from harming any planet in the Universe, and that within the Allspark was the essence of Primus with the Allspark all but eliminated, he resurrects and upgrades Megs into Galvatron, and turning the dead decepticons onto Galvatrons new minions, and a mission to destroy the last shard of the Allspark.

Call it a repeat of the original movie plot, but I still think it works.
    Last edited by Dinobot3992; 02-29-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot3992 View Post
    The way I see whole Unicron thing work into the second movie, is if he and he alone is resposible for brining back Megatron.

Unicron slowly encroches apon the Laurentian Abyss at night, uses hhis tractor beam to raise the body of Megatron and any dead decepticons on Earth to destroy the remaining shard of the Allspark, the idea being that the Allspark kept him away from harming any planet in the Universe, and that within the Allspark was the essence of Primus with the Allspark all but eliminated, he resurrects and upgrades Megs into Galvatron, and turning the dead decepticons onto Galvatrons new minions, and a mission to destroy the last shard of the Allspark.

Call it a repeat of the original movie plot, but I still think it works.
    Why does he need dead Decepticons? Wouldn't it be easier to just build his own army from scratch?

Well what I'm saying it that there are enough parts on Blackout and Brawl to build an army of Optimus sized minions.