Thread: furious 8

Default furious 8

why won't michael bay direct the next fast and furious movie? since he is no longer doing transformers. he can inject new life into the fast and furious franchise since they involve car chases, vehicular massacres, high intense kinetic action sequences. the death of paul walker is currently giving universal a problem on how to continue the franchise. bay might just be the formula that can make fast and furious 8 work. just a thought.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: furious 8

why won't michael bay direct the next fast and furious movie?

"No sloppy seconds" is probably the right answer here. And the obvious - Michael Bay is simply too big to direct the 8th installment of a franchise that's not his. It's beneath him. Powerful directors like Bay start their own franchises. And he already did that with "Transformers".

And "Bad Boys".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

then he can make it his own, just like jj abrams taking over the mission impossible franchise. bay can use his own brand of directing to fast and furious.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

You make it sound like they desperately need Bay. They don't. This is not a franchise that needs a rescuer or a reboot.

Yes, the "Furious 7" box office performance was so strong mainly because of the Paul Walker factor, but let's not forget the previous three movies were also very successful. And even without Walker these movies will continue to make money. They'll just make it a Vin Diesel/Dwayne Johnson franchise. And it'll probably be even bigger.

Also, the Universal suits already proved that they don't want "big" directors for the "Fast & Furious" movies. They go mid-level, which means capable (younger) directors who are not that expensive and not that popular. Huge A-list filmmakers like Bay, Cameron and Jackson are very, very expensive and at that point they only work on stuff they're passionate about.

And I seriously doubt that Bay cares about the "Fast & Furious" franchise. He's probably tired of car chase movies anyway, and more importantly he's got other, way more interesting projects to work on.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing a Bay-directed "Fast & Furious" movie. I just don't think it'll happen. 10-12 years ago, maybe it would've been an option.

But not now.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

if it did happen, it wouldn't have been cool to see michael bay's take on the furious franchise. bigger car chases the more exhilarating it is. it's still nice to dream about it.

No thanks.

And the Furious enthusiasts are probably feeling a bit weird about it maybe.. they might want to wait with making another one, let time heal the wound sort of speak.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Frankly I wouldn't want them to continue with the main storyline.

Would be nice to see Furious 8 as a spin off (just like Tokyo Drift). Now is a good time because Paul Walker is gone.

Does anyone else think that Fast 8 has become too Hot Wheel-ish??

This is hardly anything street racers, let alone car people, can relate to.

26-113827-first_look_at_fast_8_cars.jpg

Their job is simple: keep the story about street racing. That's what made the franchise a success. And their core fans are the street racers and car people. Use realistic cars that street racers use. The car manufacturers will be more than happy to provide new car models for every new movie, just like the manufacturers provide new cars for every new TF movie that comes out, so they don't have to make all these "Hot Wheels."

From The VIBE Vault:
    ‘Racer X’

If anybody out there thinks this franchise is dead, you are dead wrong!
    Fast 8 aka The Fate of the Furious just crossed the $900 million mark world wide and will most likely go past Fast 7 and it's $1,5 billion!
    There's no doubt that these movies are way more popular outside the US than what they are domestically, but honestly I don't think Universal Studios gives a crap when they can laugh all the way to the bank after each movie. Every time they have gone bigger and bigger after Fast 5. We've had a tank, a cargo plane, a gunship buss and now a submarine. How do you top a submarine???? With an aircraft carrier??
    What ever the stories will be in Fast 9 and 10, there's no doubt that people wanna see some crazy, over the top, totally insane and unreal vehicle warfare at the movies.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-bomb#/slide/1

And if that wasn't enough, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham has got a green light for a Fast spin-off movie of their own!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...is-on#/slide/1