Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers Universe

Default Re: Transformers Universe

Akiva Goldsman ‘Transformers’ Writers Room Leads Paramount & Hasbro To Set One For ‘G.I. Joe,’ ‘Micronauts’

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleming Jr
    EXCLUSIVE: After their Akiva Goldsman-led Writers Room experiment led to at least three movie ideas to extend Transformers, Hasbro and Paramount have set Goldsman to supervise a Writers Room for their G.I. Joe movie series. And they will go the same route with Goldsman to draft ideas for the Hasbro property Micronauts, with Goldsman supervising that as well. This change of duties means Goldsman will supervise but won’t write the next Transformers installment. Paramount is now negotiating with Writers Room participants Art Marcum & Matt Holloway(Iron Man) and Black Hawk Downscribe Ken Nolan to write the script together. That course change was cemented by Paramount, Hasbro, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Don Murphy.

The Writers Room experiment was hatched as a way to inject the collaborative exchange of ideas that happen in the development of TV shows to flesh out theTransformers universe and create a steady flow of product after Transformers: Dark of the Moon grossed $1.12 billion. Among those who took part were Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer, Barrer & Ferrari, Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead), Zak Penn, Jeff Pinkner, Steven DeKnight (Spartacus creator and Daredevilshowrunner), and Geneva Robertson-Dworet.

Default Re: Hasbro Universe

‘G.I. Joe’, ‘Micronauts’ and 3 Other Hasbro Toys to Become a Cinematic Universe
    Get ready for movies based on the super relatable and relevant toy lines Visionaries, M.A.S.K., and ROM.

I was always a fan of M.A.S.K.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

OK boys and girls! Do you want more Transformers? Do you? If so, you got it!!
    Paramount has released the release dates for not one, not two, but THREE NEW MOVIES!!
    Transformers 5 is hitting the theaters on June 23, 2017. Transformers 6 on June 8, 2018! and Transformers 9 on June 28, 2019!!!
    Bring it on baby!!!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...and-7#/slide/1

New update!
    The upcoming three Transformers movies will be as follows. Transformers 5, 2017, Bumblebee Spin-Off movie, 2018 and Transformers 6, 2019!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-spin-off-film

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    New update!
    The upcoming three Transformers movies will be as follows. Transformers 5, 2017, Bumblebee Spin-Off movie, 2018 and Transformers 6, 2019!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-spin-off-film
    You beat me to it! I was just about to post something about the announcement!

I'm EXCITED!!

Default Bumblebee vs Godzilla 2

Collider:
    New ‘Transformers’ Spin-off Movie to Focus on Bumblebee in 2018
    The Paramount film will go head-to-head with Warner Bros.' 'Godzilla 2' on June 8, 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE TRUMBORE
    Here’s what the Hasbro folks had to say about the upcoming Transformers slate of films:
    This summer we worked closely with a talented team of A-list screenwriters to map out the future of the Transformers cinematic universe, and as Brian announced earlier, things kick off in a major way in 2017 with the release of Transformers 5 in June. And we’re working on a spin-off movie centered around Bumblebee for 2018 and the next chapter for 2019.

BMD:
    Paramount Has Declared War On Warner Bros
    What those TRANSFORMERS release dates mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIN FARACI
    This morning Evan told you that Paramount set release dates for the next three Transformers movies, which is a big story in itself. But beyond that there's something particularly huge happening: two of those three dates are already occupied by Warner Bros franchise hopefuls.

Transformers 5 is dated for the same weekend as Wonder Woman, a lynchpin picture in WB's DC movie universe, and 6 is slated to come out against Godzilla 2, a movie that is intended to lead into a mega King Kong vs Godzilla crossover. By coming down on these already claimed dates, Paramount is flexing a lot of muscle and showing that they think they have the guaranteed winner.

Of the two conflicts I think June 23, 2017 is the scariest for Warner Bros. They're in a delicate place trying to establish their DC Universe, and they're launching the first female leading superhero movie of the modern era - these are already tricky feats to accomplish. To have a bunch of robots crash into that date? It's bad news. No matter how much we dislike the Transformers films they remain huge with general (and international) audiences. I cannot imagine Warner Bros wanting to keep Wonder Woman on that date. But where do they move it? The week before has Cars 3 and Kingsman 2, which pretty much perfectly divides the audience for their PG-13 film. Go earlier and they run right into Tom Cruise starring in The Mummy. The first weekend of June seems reasonable, if they're willing to come in on the tails of Pirates 4 (which they should be) but with big special effects movies going three weeks early is a big deal. Do they hold back for the next weekend? Despicable Me 3 seems vulnerable, and I'm not sure Uncharted will really happen. They're banking on Transformers 5 falling off on week two in that case. After that - forget it. You have Spider-Man and War For The Planet of the Apes in rapid succession. Now you're moving into August.

The Godzilla 2 conflict is weirder, although Godzilla is likely more vulnerable than Wonder Woman. For one thing, people were lukewarm on the first film, and for another giant robots battling isn't that dissimilar from giant monsters battling - you have two films going for the exact same demo opening on the same day. If 2017 is a nightmare to move within, 2018 is even worse - you go to May and you have Infinity War and Han Solo. You go further back in June and you have Toy Story 4 and Jurassic World 2. Maybe they move Godzilla 2 to July 6 to compete with Ant-Man and the Wasp? The marketing possibilities - Godzilla stomping on humans like ants in promo images - are pretty good. While I'm excited for Ant-Man and the Wasp it would seem to be the more vulnerable Marvel movie that summer.

I'm impressed with Paramount's aggressive dating of these movies. They absolutely, 100% assume Warner Bros is going to get out of their way - and considering the fact that the absolutely unwatchable Transformers: Age of Extinction cleared a billion dollars worldwide, I have to assume the same.

Default Re: Michael Bay vs Godzilla 2

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on ‎Michael Bay.
    He's beaten Godzilla twice.

Box Office Mojo:

Godzilla (1998)
    Release Date: May 20, 1998
    Worldwide: $379,014,294

Armageddon
    Release Date: July 1, 1998
    Worldwide: $553,709,788

Godzilla (2014)
    Release Date: May 16, 2014
    Worldwide: $529,076,069

Transformers: Age of Extinction
    Release Date: June 27, 2014
    Worldwide: $1,104,054,072

Default Re: Bumblebee vs Godzilla 2

BMD:
    What those TRANSFORMERS release dates mean.[/QUOTE]

I have never understood this "Declared war" thing or gonna "do battle against" between two movies that premiere on the same date.
    It sounds that people are so poor around the world that they only have like $15 to spend on entertainment every month after they have paid the bills and filled the fridge with food, that they have to choose if they are gonna go to the movies and see a movie or just go to a bar and buy three beers.
    Reading these articles, it really sounds that people around the world can't afford to see more than one movie per month.
    So Transformers is gonna face Wonder Woman, Godzilla 2 and some other movie in 2019. So what? I'm gonna see them all. Just don't get it that people would have to choose which of those movies they want to see at the movies...

$15 per person... don't forget that. For a family of four that's $60 before any concessions. That is a large amount of money for what is only two hours of entertainment. So most families probably can't afford to go to the movies more than once a month (maybe even less). Further, there are so many movies being made now that there aren't enough opening weekends in the year (or perhaps more importantly, the summer) for all of them, so multiple movies in similar genres open against one another. So while I don't like using the metaphor of "war" to describe this, movies (and the studios) are definitely in competition with one another for the viewer's dollar.

Ed Fuego

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    BMD:
    What those TRANSFORMERS release dates mean.
    I have never understood this "Declared war" thing or gonna "do battle against" between two movies that premiere on the same date.
    It sounds that people are so poor around the world that they only have like $15 to spend on entertainment every month after they have paid the bills and filled the fridge with food, that they have to choose if they are gonna go to the movies and see a movie or just go to a bar and buy three beers.
    Reading these articles, it really sounds that people around the world can't afford to see more than one movie per month.
    So Transformers is gonna face Wonder Woman, Godzilla 2 and some other movie in 2019. So what? I'm gonna see them all. Just don't get it that people would have to choose which of those movies they want to see at the movies...[/QUOTE]
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    $15 per person... don't forget that. For a family of four that's $60 before any concessions. That is a large amount of money for what is only two hours of entertainment. So most families probably can't afford to go to the movies more than once a month (maybe even less). Further, there are so many movies being made now that there aren't enough opening weekends in the year (or perhaps more importantly, the summer) for all of them, so multiple movies in similar genres open against one another. So while I don't like using the metaphor of "war" to describe this, movies (and the studios) are definitely in competition with one another for the viewer's dollar.

Ed Fuego
    [/QUOTE]

Good point. I never thought about that family thing, cause I always go to the movies with my buddy or by myself, so I never thought how much money it is if a whole family is gonna go and see a movie. When you put it like that, then it's understandable that not everyone can go to the movies every weekend. But if that's the case, that you have a family and wanna see a movie, then you just tell the rest of the family that listen, I'm the man of the house and I'm going to the movies and the rest of you can just stay at home!
    That way daddy can go to the movies four times for the price of one family!

Good point. I never thought about that family thing, cause I always go to the movies with my buddy or by myself, so I never thought how much money it is if a whole family is gonna go and see a movie. When you put it like that, then it's understandable that not everyone can go to the movies every weekend. But if that's the case, that you have a family and wanna see a movie, then you just tell the rest of the family that listen, I'm the man of the house and I'm going to the movies and the rest of you can just stay at home!
    That way daddy can go to the movies four times for the price of one family! [/QUOTE]

thats normally haw you would start preparing your divorce. anyway, if you cant share the movie with your family; better off not having one to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    thats normally haw you would start preparing your divorce. anyway, if you cant share the movie with your family; better off not having one to begin with.
    LOL!
    It's not always that mommy and the kids like the same movies that daddy does, and in those cases in my opinion, daddy can go to the movies with a buddy or by himself.
    And if the movie is R-rated like Deadpool, then the kids have to stay at home anyways if they are too young to be able to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I was always a fan of M.A.S.K.

Ed Fuego
    Me too! Bring it on!!

Default Re: Transformers/Hasbro Cinematic Universe

Forbes:
    How The Newly Revealed 'Transformers 5' Title Could Be Hinting At A Major Crossover

Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape With Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Akiva Goldsman (Exclusive)
    The plan is for a universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

/film:
    POTD: ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Had Some Pretty Insane Fireworks for the 4th of July
    Say what you will about the quality of Michael Bay’s movies, the practical effects he pulls off on set are extremely impressive.

COLLIDER DECEMBER 4, 2013:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Trumbore
    The human element is all well and good, but Bay is known more for his explosions than his emotions. In a digital age, Bay is all about the practical effects.

“Yeah baby, It’s kind of a dying art in Hollywood – nobody does anything for real. John’s one of the grand masters of physical effects. He can’t hear right because he’s done so many explosions. We still hold the Guinness World Record for Pearl Harbor: John rigged 350 bombs in seven seconds. Nowadays I think you would fake a lot of it.”
    /film:
    What Is Michael Bay’s Secret Weapon for Shooting ‘Transformers’ Movies So Quickly?

The ‘Transformers’ Movies Broke Industrial Light & Magic’s Computers

‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Set Visit: ”It’s the Super Bowl Every Day”

JoBlo:
    THE TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE SPINOFF IS A PREQUEL, AND MAY BEGIN FILMING SOON