Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Universe

Default Transformers Universe

Paramount Enlisting Akiva Goldsman To Ramp Up ‘Transformers’ Output
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleming Jr
    EXCLUSIVE:
    Paramount Pictures wants more Transformers. Taking a page from Fox’s incubation of three Avatar sequels and what Disney is doing to revive Star Wars with a sequels and spinoffs, the studio is negotiating with Akiva Goldsman to work with franchise director Michael Bay, exec producer Steven Spielberg and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura to organize a “writer’s room” that will incubate ideas for a potential multi-part Transformers sequel, and come up with potential spinoff films based on the billion-dollar franchise culled from the Hasbro toy line.

Default Re: Transformers Universe

Paramount Hires ‘Fringe’ Writer To Turn ‘Transformers’ Into A Marvel-Like Cinematic Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by MERRILL BARR
    It’s hard to say if there’s enough in the Transformers universe to warrant such expansion, but Latino-Review’s El Mayimbe offered this tidbit on Twitter when the news broke:
    Quote Originally Posted by elmayimbe
    Here is a free tidbit, one of the TRANSFORMERS ideas they're spinning around has one of the films taking place all on CYBERTRON.
    A Cybertron-set film could be cool, as it would take the franchise in a new direction it desperately needs to go. Then again, if the new writers room mandates every new film must contain Optimus Prime and other tired plot points, then all of this will have been pointless.

An all Cybertron movie with zero humans would be the biggest task that ILM would ever have to do cause it would be an 100% CGI movie.
    The question is that how interested would people be to see an all CGI movie with only Transformers fighting on Cybertron and with no humans at all?...
    I would go to see it, that's for sure.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Bring on our two-part Unicron/Quintesson story!

Would love to see it as a homage to the second half of Armageddon.

Bring on our two-part Unicron/Quintesson story!

Akiva Goldsman... no...

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    Akiva Goldsman... no...
    I think the worst-case scenario would be for Goldsman to treat Unicron the same way Galactus was treated in the second FANTASTIC FOUR movie, or Darkseid in the SMALLVILLE television show; no real relationship to the original source material other than tossing the name out to trick fans into buying tickets. Let's hope he knows better than that.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I think Unicron will be safe. Bay has shown that he can create large scary villains, plus Spielberg is always there to offer guidance and both of them are familiar with the franchise. Hopefully Brian Goldner will be part of the team too as he must know the characters inside and out. With those three I'm sure we'll be fine.

Having around 5 hours to tell the Unicron story I hope lots of elements will be adapted. Quintessons, Cybertron, Primus, Cyber Planet Keys, Autobot/Decepticon truce, throwbacks to the Fallen, and so on.

I'd actually like to see the writers borrow a subplot from the TRANSFORMERS: ANIMATED series, where Optimus's old flame, Elita-One, was transformed into Blackarachnia. But instead of giant spiders, maybe Unicron comes across Elita-One's carcass (damaged sometime during the early days of the Autobot/Decepticon wars) and reformats her into Blackarachnia.

It could continue a theme that was touched upon in AoE, about the "sparks" of Transformers functioning as a metaphor for souls. Blackarachnia's spark may still feel love towards Optimus, but her body is now a tool of Unicron. Conflict!

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    I think the worst-case scenario would be for Goldsman to treat Unicron the same way Galactus was treated in the second FANTASTIC FOUR movie, or Darkseid in the SMALLVILLE television show; no real relationship to the original source material other than tossing the name out to trick fans into buying tickets. Let's hope he knows better than that.
    Worst case scenario... Batman Foreve, Batman & Robing, Lost in Space, I Robot, the stupid ending of I Legend, Winter's Tale... Akiva Goldsman is pretty close of being a worst case scenario by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    the stupid ending of I Legend.
    The others I'm ready to forgive, but the final half hour of I AM LEGEND was excruciating, especially for viewers like myself who were fans of the original novel. (Check out the alternate ending on Blu-ray/DVD sometime...it's still not perfect, but it's a massive improvement.)

Coincidentally, Michael was attached to direct IAL at one point before the reins were handed over to Francis Lawrence.

Good day all!

We hear that the guys over at Kingdom of Imagine has got a pretty good handle on this Transformers universe thing. Really interesting stuff.

-Zyfyre

How about a robo-virus?

I'm not talking about the equivalent of another zombie plague, but a contagious "technorganic" pathogen that turns humans into robot-like creatures? One of Galvatron's minions could engineer the virus and unleash it in some small Midwestern town as a trial run, the bigger plan being the mass conversion of the human race into obedient cyber-slaves. Things could get even more complicated when Cade's daughter Tessa becomes infected. The transformations would look something like this:

Essentially, it would be "TRANSFORMERS meets OUTBREAK."

So does this mean that Michael will be returning to the franchise to make a 5th and possibly 6th movie?

Hasbro Confirms The Transformers Cinematic Universe - Transformers 5 In 2017?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...n-2017-182515/

TF5 is coming in 2017 folks! At least if Hasbro has anything to say about it!
    Who the director or what the story will be about, nobody knows, but they still have about a year to figure that shit out before it's time to start shooting the movie.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/04/20/hasb...matic-univers/

glad to here bay is coming back made me nervous didnt want to see another batman robin, batman forever situation going on with out bay behind transformers

Default Re: Transformers One

‘Ant-Man’ Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join ‘Transformers’ Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
    I’m hearing that one of the ideas in the works has a working title of Transformers One
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleming Jr
    EXCLUSIVE:
    Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari, who spent half a year doing the production rewriting on Marvel’s Ant-Man, have become the latest to join the Writer’s Room that Paramount Pictures and director Michael Bay have organized to hatch sequels, prequels and spinoffs on their billion dollar Transformers franchise. I’m hearing that one of the ideas in the works has a working title of Transformers One, and that it is more or less an origins story that takes place on Cybertron, the planet where the good guy and bad guy robots hail from. Those talks originated with rights holder Hasbro. I’d also heard that this might be an animated feature, but that Barrer & Ferrari are also going to the writer’s room with the expectation they’ll write a live action Transformers movie, as well. Paramount insiders said that they haven’t gotten that far on the specific projects, but I am told this is the plan. A Cybertron movie sounds like fertile ground for a feature, to me.

The goal is to have a sequel ready for when Bay completes directing the Benghazi drama 13 Hours, and other projects to come right behind that one. The Transformers mythology is deep enough to sustain this, I’m told, so it might well turn out to be a smart play for Paramount, which needs big pictures. Transformers: Age Of Extinction was last year’s most profitable blockbuster, as named in Deadline’s analysis.

Global Consumer Conference 2015 - Upcoming Transformers Movie Plans & More

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...s-more-182861/

"As we go forward, we would imagine several more Transformers Movies. Not just in the current lineage but also spinoffsand focusing on certain key characters that a beloved by the world over. Many of you know Bumblebee; the yellow Camaro… formally known as a yellow VW Bug and he is a beloved character by kids all over the world. We could see stories told around Bumblebee and other characters. We are in a process of building the brand equity around the Comic Book Business, our TV Business, our Digital Gaming Business and adding to that our new movie business of Transformers".

Bay is at his best in directing the 1st movie in terms of thrilling action sequences, and the story are decent too.but since Ehren Kruger join start from 2nd movie, the storyline just drop to bottom..The action in the beginning and the half of ROTFstill great but just a mess in the end..The theory and action style all turn to lousiness...
    What I meant here is come on, there are Transformers, so many weaponry and function they can use, why just like human fighting and use weaponry like machine gun only??For example they can use laser, sonic wave, rail gun, powerful alien missile, invisible protecting shield etc, and weapon that not in this world like in district 9..there are so many choices you know.. as we can imagine..
    Second is the way they fight, please don't fight like human, maybe Michael Bay just run out out idea since Tf1, they are Transformers, be more creative of using weaponry during battle please..And bring more transformations on each robots.
    3rd is the most stupid stuff, Decepticons to drive alien jet?please..they are Transformers, just bring in Aerial Decepticons would be lot watchable!Those unknown protoform robots and alien ship are very unnecessary you know..all we need is around 6- 10 real decepticons that got character name n more screen time on them, just don't easily kill them with a shot or punch, that's really sucks to watch if die that fast..and military are impossible to kill them in easy way..
    As for Transformers design, what the hell is Michael Bay want more like human face n body? Please.. there are robots, don't make them look like us, got beard, fat and old?and red blood?just wasted the robot character development especially Jet Fire, he suppose to look like Robotech.And Devastator, he need to be cool, not like a slow motion gorilla please, just strange why Michael Bay will accept the art work for that.And the combiner should combine when each of the Contructicons can't defeat autobots, not straightaway combine to Devastator, this is a big mistake.
    I just hope that they can find a right director that know how to fixed all these, and if Paramount can choose someone to do it..I think James Cameron & Guilermo Deltoro would be the best but seems it's impossible because they got many project in hand..Anyway sorry for my broken English here...I just wanna share what the weakness in Transformers 2- 4...I just wanna voice out what I dislike about Transformers Trilogy that are keep disappointing me start from the 2nd movie.And with TFCU, I hope they can have an Autobots team spin-off like Aerial Bots and Protectobots.

/film:
    Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner Are Writing ‘Transformers 5′

IGN:
    DAREDEVIL'S STEVEN DEKNIGHT ON THE TRANSFORMERS WRITERS ROOM AND PLANNING AHEAD
    How the Transformers movies are taking a page from TV moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERIC GOLDMAN
    Steven S. DeKnight was at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today for a panel devoted to Netflix series showrunners, discussing his time working on Marvel’s Daredevil. While DeKnight has stepped down from that role for Season 2, thanks to prior commitments, he had some time before that next project – which DeKnight isn’t able to reveal details on yet – got going, which led to his recent stint in the Transformers writers room.

Taking a page from how a TV show is run, Paramount assembled a big group of experienced writers to help chart out the future of the Transformers film series, under the guidance of Akiva Goldsman, as the studio looks to build more of an expanded Transformers movie universe. I asked DeKnight what the experience was like taking that TV dynamic and using it in film, and he had an enthusiastic reply.

“It's that wonderful thing where features are now taking a page from television and getting people together to really try and plan things out. It was a wonderful experience. Akiva Goldsman was fantastic and Jeff Pinkner, who's co-writing the fifth [Transformers] movie with him was phenomenal. Zak Penn... It was just a room full of brilliant, funny, amazing people. And we spent two and a half weeks in physically the best writers room I've ever seen in my life. Paramount pulled out all the stops. It was phenomenal! We laughed and joked and told stories and plotted out...”
    DeKnight had to keep his secrets about Transformers, noting, “I can't say what we plotted out, but it was all very exciting and in the next few months we'll see what moves forward and what doesn't move forward. But it was a fantastic experience. One of the best experiences of that was when Steven Spielberg popped by one afternoon to just sit and talk and hear what we were working on. Everybody was about to throw up, they were so excited.”

Regarding how this might change the Transformers films, DeKnight remarked, “It remains to be seen. I think the biggest thing something like that does when you're dealing with a franchise that is so global and makes so much money is actually taking a moment to really think things out. Because a lot of the times, you go into production, you don't have a finished script or your script is still being worked on. And it's very difficult to work that way. I can't imagine... Especially with the second movie, when the writers strike happened and Michael Bay had to start prepping anyway, I can't imagine trying to prep a movie of that size and complexity and not having a locked script. And it happens all the time in movies. You just have to start because of people's availabilities. So my hats off to Paramount for trying something new in this way and really giving this writers room thing a spin. But for me, it was a fantastic experience. I loved it.”

Hollywood Slugger Warner Bros. Strikes Out at 2015 Box Office
    Only two of the studio’s 21 releases have topped $100 million domestically in year marred by three major bombs
    However, the way of Hollywood is such that if things don’t turn around in the coming year change is all but inevitable.

“When you have a year like this, you have to reevaluate, and if you do that, then you’re fine,” a producer who has worked with the studio told TheWrap. “Are you spending too much money on movies that don’t have franchise potential? If so, then you have to stop doing that.”

“Pan,” a fairy tale saga with a $150 million production budget, cost too much for a subject matter of little interest to millennials and offering a tough framework for building sequels, this producer said.

The structural problem for Warner is that its biggest franchise hits, including “Harry Potter” and “Lord of the Rings,” have ended. DC Comics heavyweights like Batman and Superman aren’t around this year, either. This holiday season will be the first in three years that Warner Bros. will enter without one of Peter Jackson‘s Tolkien tales to dominate the box office.

This has left the studio grasping for medium-sized hits while it gears up for potentially new franchises.

Default Re: Transformers Spinoffs?

Newsarama 17 November 2015:
    Report: TRANSFORMERS & MICRONAUTS To Crossover
    At its annual Investor Day presentation (via TF2005), Hasbro reportedly revealed that the Transformers and Micronauts franchise will be crossing over in a new "initiative." No details outside of the crossover itself and a graphic were stated according to TF2005, but it's described as a new brand by Hasbro.

Seibertron February 18th, 2014:
    ROM The Spaceknight Coming to the IDW Transformers Universe?