Thread: Transformers 5 Enters Pre-Production

Default Transformers 5 Enters Pre-Production

Transformers 5 is officially on the Pre-Production stage.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-image-182079/

Default Re: Transformers 5 Enters Pre-Production

Any word if Michael is directing, or if someone else is taking over the director's chair?

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    Any word if Michael is directing, or if someone else is taking over the director's chair?
    Latest RUMORS say that it will be Jonathan Liebesman who will take over the director's chair from Michael Bay.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/0...to-appear.html

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Any word if Michael is directing...

If "Transformers 5" is indeed in pre-production then I doubt Bay is directing it. It was announced a week or two ago that he will start shooting "13 Hours" this spring. So clearly that's his next movie. And he'll be busy with it for at least a year.

If they want him to direct "Transformers 5" they'll have to wait.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Latest RUMORS say that it will be Jonathan Liebesman who will take over the director's chair from Michael Bay.

If this turned out to be true, it makes sense. Liebesman's style isn't dissimilar from Michael's, so it would be a pretty seamless transition if he were to take charge. I'd much prefer Liebesman direct TF5 than TMNT2, anyway.

If this turned out to be true, it makes sense. Liebesman's style isn't dissimilar from Michael's, so it would be a pretty seamless transition if he were to take charge. I'd much prefer Liebesman direct TF5 than TMNT2, anyway.

Did He Direct TMNT?
    *Google Search*
    Crap. He did.

If TF5 doesn't have a strong script I seriously have low hopes for this movie.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Did He Direct TMNT?
    *Google Search*
    Crap. He did.

If TF5 doesn't have a strong script I seriously have low hopes for this movie.
    His filmography's definitely a mixed bag, but I thought he did an excellent job on that Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel, and "Battle: L.A." featured some of the best action sequences of the year it was released, even if the rest of the story wasn't up to scratch.

And, just for the record, I thought Liebesman's TMNT was a vast improvement over the 2007 animated movie. Like you said, let's hope they hand him a sturdy script.

His filmography's definitely a mixed bag, but I thought he did an excellent job on that Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel, and "Battle: L.A." featured some of the best action sequences of the year it was released, even if the rest of the story wasn't up to scratch.

And, just for the record, I thought Liebesman's TMNT was a vast improvement over the 2007 animated movie. Like you said, let's hope they hand him a sturdy script.
    Never saw the 2007 TMNT (Even though it came with the TMNT movie set I bought). I thought the story/script for Liebesman's TMNT was bad with a few sprinkles of good stuff. Like putting sprinkles on a turd.

That's Nasty, I apologize for that.

Any good movie needs to have a good script, it's the foundation of a film. If a director, no matter who it is, is working with a bad script it doesn't matter how much money is put into special effects.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post

F***.

Please no, please hire another director Paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    F***.

Please no, please hire another director Paramount.
    Be careful what you wish for.

feature-54-humanoid3.jpg

Please believing Jonathan Liebesman,he is keep on improving. He know visual and how to makes thrilling action sequences,and how to makes those characters more badass. Tf5 find him to direct is a good choice..Just give him a chance and trust him.The things I'm worry about is the length won't over 2 hours and Ehren is being writer again,that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by saberrider View Post
    Please believing Jonathan Liebesman,he is keep on improving. He know visual and how to makes thrilling action sequences,and how to makes those characters more badass. Tf5 find him to direct is a good choice..Just give him a chance and trust him.The things I'm worry about is the length won't over 2 hours and Ehren is being writer again,that's all.
    I don't mean anything bad. But are you using an English translator program to type your message?

This just sounds like bad news. Who is writing the script anyway? Has that been confirmed? It needs a new writer, a director not affiliated with Michael bay, everything just needs to be different. My hopes are diminishing.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Damn!