Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 5: What would you like to see?

Default Transformers 5: What would you like to see?

• Keep all of the surviving Autobots and Decepticons and bring them back. New ones can still be introduced and changed out on the fly. It would also help with consistency and change up the dynamics a bit more. For example maybe Prime wants Crosshairs to go on a mission to hunt down Galvatron. So they swap him out with Red Alert.

What could make it fun is maybe they have a slight rivalry and it shows with the digs towards each other before Drift leaves for awhile. When he returns, Red Alert heads back out into the field helping humans. This could freshen up both sides while giving plausible explanations for their absence. At least until the next movie.
    • Prime destroys the Creators at the beginning of the movie. But in turn it finally brings on the arrival of Unicron. Unicron in turn helps the Decepticons gain a foot hold on Earth by reviving dead ones into new forms, and giving supplies to them as he heads towards Earth. This will be crushing on the Autobots. However by the end of the movie Galvatron and some Decepticons realize Unicron is their enemy too is only out for himself and has been using them. By the end of the movie signs will be there of a temporary alliance for the 6th movie.

Remember, Cybertron is destroyed from the events of ROF. Earth is now the Decepticons home as well. Any threat against it is also a threat against them. Prime and Galvatron now have a shared threat. As Unicron, at the bidding of the Creators before their demise, is now set out to destroy Earth and all on it.
    • Introduce the Sharkticons and allow Scorn to swim to take them on and the other Dinobots to attack from land and air. (He's a Spinosaurus, he can.) Yes...we need some water based Transformers and the Sharkiticons could be considered a water threat now. With the Decepticons covering land, air, and sea as well. Could be a nice Jaws throwback too.

It doesn't have to be a big scene, but something where Scorn eventually comes in and has some lunch. The other Dinobots help as well.
    • Bumblebee needs to be crippled like in the first movie. IMO he's gotten too strong. Hell, Primes taken more of a butt whooping than him. This will allow the others to shine a bit more too.
    • Simply things. The problem is, I liked AOE. While some stuff was WTF, I understood much of it and 'got it'. But it's also obvious some of the public didn't. Many aren't aware of the deep Transformers mythos and thus it needs to be dumbed down and simplified a bit so they better understand what's going on and aren't quite as confused walking out after the movie. And if things are gonna happen, they need a short explanation rather than for them to use their imaginations. It could go a long way.
    • Less swearing. Even as an adult, I found much of it misplaced and unnecessary.
    • Less useless dialogue between characters.

I could go on and on. And much of it is ideas and stuff I think would be interesting to see in some capacity.

But right now the 3 main things that need to be looked at first:

1. How tight the writing is. Keep it fast moving, understandable, and with a good sense of flow. Clean up some of the problems quickly from the last movie through the dialogue. It would in turn improve the movie and help give people an "I get it now!" moment.
    2. Shorten it by about 20 minutes.
    3. And go with the last 2 recommendations above about less swearing and less useless dialogue that seems more like filler. It should have a purpose. Focus.

So now the big Q. Will Bay be back?

I can understand him not wanting to. For many reasons. But it is my sincere hope he does. His movie making style has given then movies their own style and look and feel. I guess I'd be happy if he was at least a producer. I'd rather see the next movie say, "A Michael Bay Film", rather than, "Produced by Michael Bay".

Here's hoping.

Default Re: Transformers 5: What would you like to see?

i think with bumblebee they either need to fix his voice or kill him off and replace him.
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

1. First and foremost, the scale needs to drastically go down. Going big isn't working for the series anymore in my personal opinion. There doesn't need to be a giant war in a city for a whole hour to make this work.

2. Small cast. What sucked in all the films is that there are also a large amount of both autobot and decepticons added each time. Sometimes old ones just disappear without explanation. If you want the films to have a sense of heart, you need to work on character development. Add one new autobot, two at the most. Decepticons cant have another army either, give us five main baddies to work for multiple films.

3. Hero and villain relationships. Whats great about the tv shows is that the transformers have a past together, but its never shown in the films. They just fight even though they know exactly who each other are. I want fun banter, I want to hear them talk to one another darnit! Only megatron and prime would really talk to each other, everyone else just blew each others heads off.

4. No more human organizations. The humans have gotten involved way to much trying to get the transformers to leave, trying to kill them, or blame them for whatever. Just leave the government out of the picture next time around. It should just be about decepticons coming after the autobots with a couple human friends getting involved whether it be Cad or whoever. I think this would simplify and make things more straight forward than sub plots that are boring.

5. Female Bots. They exist in the movie universe, so its time we get one who actually survives!

6. Classic Autobot and Decepticon bases! Galvatron needs a place to plot, and the autobots need to be safe and sound. I'd like it if Stanly Tucci's character created a secret base under Cad and his families new home.

7. Optimus has a space adventure to shake things up, possibly meeting another bot to help him in space. Returns to cybertron for answers, finds help, hunts the Creators. Ends with the creators getting defeated, somehow brings about Unicron, returns home at the end to find a badly defeated team....

8. Galvatron has the perfect opportunity to defeat the Autobots. He's never scheming in these movies, its always something else and the Autobots just happen to stop him. I want him to actually state, KILL THEM!!!! he saw optimus leave, so a small war between the five decepticons and the autobots is brilliant. That's when optimus returns at the end with news of unicron and seeing his team in shambles.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Koenigsegg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=106263
    TF5 SHOULD FOLLOW THIS.
    That's all we want in Tf5, bring in New writer for this...we need thrilling storyline..and don't add any army or unknown robots inside...the character above already enough...give every one more screen time and development...we need see each of their personality and what they capable of in terms of weapon and strength...we need around 250 million budget and screen time around 160-180 minutes to show all the characters mentioned above..Michael Bay,as a producer of Tf5 please make this come true..at least bring us thrilling feel again like Tf1..make Decepticons hard to defeat!!

more transformers less humans, where does prime go triple changer, combiner wars combiner fight another combiner, forget combiner throw in metroplex trypticon, or omega surpreme, dino bots return to fight, water type transformer submarine or aircraft carroir

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    water type transformer submarine or aircraft carroir
    Tidal Wave. Have him duke it out with Omega Supreme
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

After taking a break and looking back on things, my suggestions would be this:

* Combiner vs Combiner while Autobots and Decepticons fight around them. But they too (the Autobots and Decepticons) also become side effect casualties from the combiner battle.

* Galvatron needs to shed his 'human skin' and find a way to go back to transforming.

* Dinobots should only be used when necessary. As a last resort for the Autobots. 2 new Dinobots should also be introduced.

* By the end of the movie...it must be now made certain that Unicrons arrival is imminent.

* Once Unicrons arrival is made imminent, it must also be shown that an Autobot/Decepticon team up will likely happen by movie end because they see Unicron as a threat to both Autobots and Decepticons.

* My suggestion would be to have it show 2 battles happening towards the end. One on Earth (Autobots vs Decepticons) and one with Prime against the Creators. We see both battles going on. We then see both end. It looks like the movie is going to close on a high note, which it does. You see a celebration on Earth. We then pan to Prime damaged from his battle on the Creators world. You see Prime crawling out from the rubble and trying to regain himself.

Then there is a massive rumbling. Prime scrambles to see what's going on. We find out Prime killing the Creators activated their last resort, the massive metal planet Unicron. The very planet he is now on is alive and starting to move. Who is now heading towards....and Earth. Prime sends out a distress signal to Earth warning the Autobots what is coming but the signal is distorted.

Ultra Magnus intercepts it on Earth. Galvatron, defeated, but within ear shot, hears it as well. When Prime mentions at the end, the name 'Unicron' and 'Earth' (the distress is broken up), you see Galvatrons eyes go big and mouth open. You see fear. Galvatrons last words before the screen goes dark are, "Prime help us all". This would be the first time the movie ends on a darker and more forboden note without Primes words. However as Galvatron is saying or getting ready to say that you see Prime on Unicron, clearly in distress and pain as the movie cuts out, heading towards Earth.

* Setting up Unicrons arrival is crucial now. Does he need to be a planet? No. He could be a massive star warship. But his sense of size and scale needs to be unfathomable. And his arrival must temporarily unite both sides as they both see him as a threat.

BTW in response to Galvatrons last words before the screen goes dark being, "Prime help us all".

This would be an acknowledgment that Galvatron needs Prime to help take down Unicron or his extinction and the extinction of the Decepticons will occur. They alone cannot defeat Galvatron.

Remember what Megatron said at the end of TF3? Asking Prime what he would be without him? This can be referenced at the end of the 5th one. With Prime acknowledging that he will need Galvatrons help. This would be the first sign a temporary team up will happen. It would be an uneasy, but necessary alliance.

Perhaps introduce another race of transforming alien robots into the mix? Uh Go-Bots perhaps?

I mean the Go-Bots did appear in the TF comic books for wanting to take revenge on Megatron from destroying their home world. They can pretty much transform like TFs do, and they do look like TFs when in robot mode. Except that they are Cyborgs. If I'm not mistaken I think they have organic brains in their metal shell.
    I mean it's not far-fetched specially when they've introduced part-metal part-organic wolves in Lockdown's ship in TF4. They can dive deeper into that and maybe introduce the Go-Bots.

The Go-Bots can be neutral at first pretending to be Decepticons (just like in the comics) to infiltrate their ranks to take revenge and then later reveal themselves and align with the Autobots.

Should Unicron arrive...there is no voice actor I know of that would be the perfect voice other than Benedict Cumberbatch.

Below at the link I provided he is doing mo-cap and voice work for Smaug, from the Hobbit. Seriously...he would be able to better mimic Orson Welles famous Unicron voice and still give it his own menacing flavor. Don't tell me after hearing this he doesn't send chills down your spine. We want Benedict for the voice of Unicron!

http://www.wimp.com/benedict-cumberb...0_2/&ts_pid=2/

TF1 - Jazz dies

TF2 - Optimus dies

TF3 - Ironhide dies

TF4 - Ratchet dies

Bumblebee is the only one among the 5 original Bots from TF1 who hasn't died yet. I know he can't die permanently as he and Optimus are the central characters of the movies. But they could kill him temporarily, just like they did to Optimus in TF2.

So to go with the traditional Autobot killing...

TF5 - Bumbleebee dies?

What would I like to see?

1) Loose the "Lego block" transformation. Total cop out.

2) Better Robot designs. One of my biggest disappointments of Age of Extinction. While they looked okay, no way did the robots look like they could become vehicles, especially Optimus Prime. The Toy designers at Hasbro must've had a stroke when they say those designs. Not to mention Galvatron looked horrible. Great to have Frank Welker Finally in the role but how hard is it to design the Character? Out of all the incarnations of the character over the years they settle on making him look like Darkness from Legend?

3) No more characters like Lucas Flannery. The best scene in AOE was when that character died.

4) Have some actual Respect for the Damn Autobots. Seriously, this is getting stale. Four Movies in and they are still treated horribly by humans even though they have saved Humanity four times already. No damn wonder Optimus was completely out of character throughout AOE.

5) A really good script with strong writing. If the movie is written like the TMNT 2014 movie I'm going to be pissed.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Would be nice to see Prime and/or Galvatron transform into cars and not trucks anymore!
    Basically more 'marketable' alt modes.
    I'm sure the automobile manufacturers would LOVE that.

I mean who the hell drive trucks? Truckers do but that's a very small market compared to those who drive cars.
    I mean we only have to look at what Bumblebee 'did' to the Chevy Camaro sales worldwide.

Prime's a "supercar" in some of the toys. And Megatron too. So let that translate into the big screen. The fans would love it too for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Would be nice to see Prime and/or Galvatron transform into cars and not trucks anymore!
    Basically more 'marketable' alt modes.
    I'm sure the automobile manufacturers would LOVE that.

I mean who the hell drive trucks? Truckers do but that's a very small market compared to those who drive cars.
    I mean we only have to look at what Bumblebee 'did' to the Chevy Camaro sales worldwide.

Prime's a "supercar" in some of the toys. And Megatron too. So let that translate into the big screen. The fans would love it too for a change.
    Prime as a car? Any other film I would say that would be impossible because it would make Prime too small, he'd be the same height as Bumblebee. Like if it were the First Transformers movie in 07 when they payed attention to that stuff. But in Age of Extintion that idea was thrown out the window because a robot that Transforms into a Lamborghini is the same height as a robot that turns into a big Truck. So Prime as a Car or something like that might make things a little interesting, hardcore fans would be pissed off about it though.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

^ yeah I thought the same thing with Lockdown! And Soundwave too -- he turned into a Mercedes Benz SLS even though he was also one of those 'big' Decepticons!

And MB is one of those directors who wouldn't give a flying rat about critics as long as it turned out good. I mean Prime never had flames on his paintjob anyway. But he did in the MB films. And Megatron/Galvatron -- well he had a new alt mode in every TF film that came out, so turning him into a car in TF5 would be something new again and refreshing.

If Prime's not gonna be in TF5 (because he left earth in the end of TF4), they could maybe try the 'car' concept on the new or provisional Autobot leader such as say Ultra Magnus -- maybe a white super car for that dude?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

- Last movie. Wrap up this story. Because of this, Bay has to return to direct. Anything moving forward can be a reboot. No Ehren Kruger though.
    - Unicron and the Quintessons (the Creators). We've had the Autobot/Decepticon war in the first three, and we had the human villain story with the recent movie. Now bring in the big bad to end things with a bang.
    - Galvatron. Have him serve as secondary villain like Megatron has in the other sequels. No Decepticons. They're gone, let him instead take charge of the Quintessons. Have the film end with Optimus and Galvatron teaming up to defeat Unicron
    - Dinobots, Autobot combiners, splash out on all the big ideas for the final battle.
    - Take Cade Yeager into space, similar to Spike in the 1986 movie and the kids in the Armada cartoon. Try to keep most of the action away from Earth. I'm sure Bay can do some great stuff in a motion capture room for a fully digital environment.
    - Kill Bumblebee. What better way to have an emotional climax?
    - Imagine Dragons, bring them back to do another song for the credits. Steve Jablonsky being composer is a given.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Actually, as a bonus, since Mark Wahlberg is playing Cade, let's bring Cliffjumper into these movies and have Dwayne Johnson reprise the voicing role from the Prime cartoon.

I'm liking some of the fan suggestions that it would be nice to see Prime and Megs / Bots and Cons team-up to fight a bigger threat. At least for once.

They've fought each other in the last 4 films already. It is time for something new now. A new formula. A new spin.

How about Prime finding the Mutacons?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mutacon

NO to Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of Unicron (assuming he's in TF5). The guy's been typecast in this kind of role too much already.

IMO, a huge, saga-ending character like Unicron deserves a huge actor. Someone just as iconic as Orson Welles, but entirely different. Bring in Arnold Schwarzenegger.

arnold-schwarzenegger-gi-97.jpg

Thumbs up Re: Transformers 5: What would you like to see?

Dear Michael Bay;

Please bring back Dino and that gorgeous red Ferrari Italia.

Default Re: Transformers 5: What would you like to see? U N I C R O N

Cast Liam Neeson or James Earl Jones as Unicron.

things i really like to see in TF5.

- major battle in outer space
    - major land battle with autobots and decepticons, similar to the lord of the rings battle with elves and orcs
    - optimus prime commanding a battalion of autobots, up until now the autobots are usually just small squad, it's nice to see optimus leading a battalion of bots into a battle the will end all battles.