Thread: Galvatron

Default Galvatron

After watching DOM again I realized something. It's something that many may already know but it's always a sub-level to the action and story.

As most know Galvatron is a reincarnated Megatron. Essentially Megatron but generally considered to be more aggressive and self serving.

However after seeing the end of DOM again I realized that both Megatron and Galvatron, while self serving and mean, are basically Loki. They want all of the power and control but when push comes to shove usually will side with Prime if Megatron/Galvatron if it threatens his position of power and authority so he can retain it. This was blatantly pointed out at the end of DOM.

[Cybertron looms above Chicago]
    Megatron: Cybertron... you are saved, at last.
    [Carly approaches Megatron]
    Megatron: Oh, have you come to surrender?
    Carly Miller: Was it all worth it?
    Megatron: Obviously!
    Carly Miller: All your work to bring Sentinel back, and now clearly he has all the power! It's actually almost tragic!
    Megatron: YOU DARE LECTURE ME, SLAVE?
    Carly Miller: Your Decepticons finally conquering this planet, and yet their leader won't be you!
    Megatron: It will be me! It will always be me!
    Carly Miller: In any minute now you'll be nothing but Sentinel's bitch!
    [Megatron snarls and rises]

As you may notice Megatron listened to reason. He was going to kill her but realized she made a valid point.

Megatron: Now, we need a truce. All I want is to be back in charge. Besides... who would you be without me, Prime?Optimus: Time to find out. [kills Megatron then turns to Sentinel]

At this point its obvious that Megatron was willing to help Prime if it meant him being back in power. This same undertone has existed generally since the original Transformers: The Movie back in the mid-80s when he and the Decepticons tried helping Prime and the Autobots destroy Unicron.

Prime and Megatron/Galvatron are essentially Thor and Loki. I see the ground work was already laid in DOM and AOE for this. And unlike the first movie, Galavatron left unharmed this time. As Galvatron he may generally be more merciless, stubborn, and calculating but he's also not stupid. That was made obvious in AOE as Galvatron, and at the end of DOTM as Megatron.

I would be very surprised if he and the Decepticons didn't eventually put their differences aside at least temporarily to take on a threat thats bigger than both. I fully expect it.

Default Re: Galvatron

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I would be very surprised if he and the Decepticons didn't eventually put their differences aside at least temporarily to take on a threat thats bigger than both. I fully expect it.
    I would be surprised too.
    Personally things should remain as they are, I don't want Decepticons to all of a sudden help each other out.

Default Re: Galvatron

And Magneto worked with Charles Xavier too whenever faced with a bigger threat. And we can go on and on with the countless examples.

It's just strategy in general. And this is why I like villains so much is because a villain's loyalty is ever flexible -- changes with condition and with time -- whatever would be most beneficial at any given situation.
    Whereas a hero's loyalty is ever fixated on a cause.