Thread: Live action Ghost in the Shell movie with Scarlett Johanson coming

Default Live action Ghost in the Shell movie with Scarlett Johanson coming

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-ghost-761118

I'm skeptical about this! i've been a fan of the anime movie since i first bought it when it came out when i was 14 and love the comics as well with the animated show, i dunno if Scarlett can do justice to Matoko.

Default Re: Live action Ghost in the Shell movie with Scarlett Johanson coming

I'm not sure about this. I loved the anime movie. But that was a LONG time ago. And that was the anime.

I just watched her movie LUCY, and it was just like watching a super-powered "Black Widow."
    Something tells me it's gonna feel like watching Black Widow again in Ghost in the Shell movie, except of course she's gonna be wearing a different costume and in a different storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I'm not sure about this. I loved the anime movie. But that was a LONG time ago. And that was the anime.

I just watched her movie LUCY, and it was just like watching a super-powered "Black Widow."
    Something tells me it's gonna feel like watching Black Widow again in Ghost in the Shell movie, except of course she's gonna be wearing a different costume and in a different storyline.
    Agree with you there, it might feel like Black Widow and Lucy redux. Did you know the original film influenced The Matrix?

Now what if Bay or James Gunn did a live-action Akira?

First official trailer! Looks like The Matrix + 5th Element + Blade Runner updated to a mix!

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    First official trailer! Looks like The Matrix + 5th Element + Blade Runner updated to a mix!
    the original movie influenced Matrix did you know that? have you seen the original adult animated sci-fi masterpiece? very influential just like Akira.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    the original movie influenced Matrix did you know that? have you seen the original adult animated sci-fi masterpiece? very influential just like Akira.
    Yeah, I read that about The Matrix somewhere, but I haven't watched the original animated movie. I'll just wait for this one to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Yeah, I read that about The Matrix somewhere, but I haven't watched the original animated movie. I'll just wait for this one to come out.
    Well i recommend seeing the original first before seeing this version and if you have Hulu you can see it there or rent it on amazon prime, it's an excellent thought provoking and unique adult animated sci-fi thriller with action and ideas as it and Akira proved animation wasn't just kids stuff. It's an influential film and has fans from Spielberg, Cameron, Tarantino to even Bay.