Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Transformers 5 announcement timing

  1. #1
    Senior Member shadowinvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    281

    Default Transformers 5 announcement timing

    So Transformers 4 has been out for a while now on Bluray and digital, isn't it about time for the Transformers 5 announcement? Especially if 2016 is still on the cards.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    It's early. "Age of Extinction" is still fresh in people's minds. Like it came out yesterday. And let's not forget that these are not quick-to-make, micro-budget movies like "Paranormal Activity" and "Insidious" - it takes two years to make one giant Michael Bay movie. Plus, a lot of A-list talents work on the "Transformers" films and the scheduling is not easy. With all of that in mind, I doubt they still plan on releasing the fifth one in 2016.

    And one more thing. The Paramount folks are not stupid and they know that there's a possibility of an "audience fatigue" if they rush "Transformers 5".

    So I say, "Take your time, Paramount".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

  3. #3
    Member TransBay2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germantown, Tennessee, United States, 108188919203286, Germantown, Tennessee
    Posts
    58

    Cool Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    hey micheal Bay after you do Bad Boy 3 and Ghost Recon. For Transformers 5 I have a great idea for the movie. AT THE END OF Transformers 5 You need to play the original theme song of Transformers the artist is Lion. I would love to hear that at the end of the movie.

    your fan
    Russ

  4. #4
    Senior Member i-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    It's early. "Age of Extinction" is still fresh in people's minds. Like it came out yesterday. And let's not forget that these are not quick-to-make, micro-budget movies like "Paranormal Activity" and "Insidious" - it takes two years to make one giant Michael Bay movie. Plus, a lot of A-list talents work on the "Transformers" films and the scheduling is not easy. With all of that in mind, I doubt they still plan on releasing the fifth one in 2016.

    And one more thing. The Paramount folks are not stupid and they know that there's a possibility of an "audience fatigue" if they rush "Transformers 5".

    So I say, "Take your time, Paramount".
    they need to rush.
    In order to save the franchise. AOE wasn't michael's best. They need to come with something good, FAST ! A new direction ASAP
    Get rid off the Lego transformations, silly goverment characters. Ugly prime knight

    I am losing interest......
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    487

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    they need to rush.
    In order to save the franchise. AOE wasn't michael's best. They need to come with something good, FAST ! A new direction ASAP
    Get rid off the Lego transformations, silly goverment characters. Ugly prime knight

    I am losing interest......
    Absolute nonsense.

    Transformers4 is the best Transformers movie to date. Transformers3 is the worst.

    In the order:

    - Transformers4 (the "lego transformation" thing needed more CGI work.. not polished enough. Other than that nothing to complain about)
    - Transformers
    - Transformers2 (CGI and action scenes were top-notch anyway despite some little issues due to writers strike)
    - Transformers3 (lazy work overall. Lead actress being fired ... rushed production)

  6. #6
    Senior Member i-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

    Transformers4 is the best Transformers movie to date. Transformers3 is the worst.

    In the order:

    - Transformers4 (the "lego transformation" thing needed more CGI work.. not polished enough. Other than that nothing to complain about)
    - Transformers
    - Transformers2 (CGI and action scenes were top-notch anyway despite some little issues due to writers strike)
    - Transformers3 (lazy work overall. Lead actress being fired ... rushed production)
    you didn't convince me. Try again please.

    DOtMm lazy ? AOE features less transformations than DOTM.
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member MrX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    Dark of the Moon was way better than Age of Extinction. Is AOE a horrible movie? Of course not, but I think with the Majorority of the major transformer characters killed off (Starscream, Soundwave, etc) and an unappealing (for me) redesign of current characters (The toy designers at HASBRO must've gotten an instant Migraine when they saw the new designs) left the film missing something. It's like eating a meal and not feeling quit full and satisfied. I don't blame Mr. Bay though as I still feel he directed as amazeing as he has had with the previous three films.

    And wingzero, This:

    <span class="username">

    Looks less impressive to me than this:

    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    487

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Dark of the Moon was way better than Age of Extinction. Is AOE a horrible movie? Of course not, but I think with the Majorority of the major transformer characters killed off (Starscream, Soundwave, etc) and an unappealing (for me) redesign of current characters (The toy designers at HASBRO must've gotten an instant Migraine when they saw the new designs) left the film missing something. It's like eating a meal and not feeling quit full and satisfied. I don't blame Mr. Bay though as I still feel he directed as amazeing as he has had with the previous three films.

    And wingzero, This:

    <span class="username">

    Looks less impressive to me than this:


    This second video you quote is from Transformers 2 and not Transformers 3.

    Transformers 3 is lazy and boring overall. A complete mess script wise, characters wise and re-used CGI models.

    Transformers 4 works very well, it's fast paced but doesn't feel rushed and is not boring. They did a huge work CGI wise with plenty of new scenes and models.


    Transformers 4 action scenes look absolutely impressive:




    While Transformers 3 CGI was less polished than usual for ILM and looked quite cartoonish in plenty of scenes even with some keying issues:


  9. #9
    Senior Member Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Unicron
    Posts
    1,366

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    I'm not really bothered by the lego transformations in TF4. It's Bay's creative take. If that's how Decepticons transform from this point on then I'm fine with it.

    It's like the difference of the T-1000 from the T-800 in Terminator.

  10. #10
    Senior Member i-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Transformers 5 announcement timing

    kids........
    It's okay everyone has his own taste.
    I hope they step it up with TF5 if Michael is involved. The Man got skills.

    I'm fine with a new director. I want new designs. I want something new. Not the same (less quality AOE) Heavily sponsored movie.

    I would love to see Michael directing his Ninja Turtles.
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •