Thread: AvP:R

Default AvP:R

I tried searching for this so if its been talked about, I apologise.

As the first film was not so fantastic, I thought the second would bring it up a notch. As the first few minutes led on in the movie I couldnt help but feel that it was going to be as crap as the first, in which case I started losing interest, until about half way through.
    Then they started tearing eachother to pieces a little more. A little more conflict, I felt a bit more excited, but it was only when the Aliens or our Predetor 'hero' was on the screen. The actors in the film didnt do much for me at all.
    I liked very much the reference to Yutani, at the end of the movie, as the first did with Weyland, in a way.

Overall I say the same about the first, those movies have MASSIVE potential, and they just are not being done. Just imagine an AvP movie the size of TF, or something similair. Somebody really needs to take this series to its limits and say, this is what can happen, this is what is gonna happen, period.

Or they could get Arnold to come back for a finale Im sure that would put a lot of happiness in peoples lives. it would me.

Default Re: AvP:R

I believe the lid is on the coffin for this series. They might squeeze out a third but I don't see it going further. The reviews just aren't that good and no one really seems to put the right effort into it. They should have made it an animated series at least then the boundaries would be overcome compared to live-action.

Yeah I know where your going. Its just such a shame though, they have such a good chance at some good action epic films here. I mean the lore is all there, they just arnt letting it out, the whole Weyland-Yutani thing, they still include it, but why? (If noone knows what that is you need to watch the Alien films and the first to get that, took me a while :P) They still havent fully explained where the Aliens come from, what their purpose is, etc, theres so much to do. And the Predetors are the, well, they are just so cool XD

It annoys me

But hey, im happy :P
    Last edited by Duracell Bunny; 01-30-2008 at 07:20 PM.

You should apologize for making another thread for this mess of a movie.

I did search and none turned up so, I did apologise in my first post. Although I agree, it was a slight mess again ^^