Thread: Bay set to direct "Cosmic Motors”.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Exclamation Bay set to direct "Cosmic Motors”.

"You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: Bay set to direct "Cosmic Motors”.

Yeah, so interesting. But another sci-fi movie?

Yes and i think Bay is fine with action and sci-fi

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    But another sci-fi movie?

Well, I think it's pretty clear that Bay loves sci-fi. And space too. So "Cosmic Motors” is perfect for him.

I actually got my hands on the book and I have to say: this could end up being a pretty spectacular motion picture. Really big and really epic. I hope it's all true and Bay is indeed directing it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: Bay set to produce "Cosmic Motors”.

Warner Bros., Michael Bay Find Writer to Rev Up ‘Cosmic Motors’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McNary
    Warner Bros. and Michael Bay are gaining momentum on their “Cosmic Motors” project, tapping Kyle Ward to write the screenplay.

Drew Crevello and Cate Adams are overseeing “Cosmic Motors” for Warner Bros.

The project is based on Daniel Simon’s 2007 concept art book of the same name that features futuristic vehicle designs. Simon has worked in Hollywood as the lead vehicle designer on “Tron: Uprising” and “Captain America: The First Avenger” and as a concept illustrator on “Oblivion.”

Ward is currently writing “Arabian Knights,” which was based on an original pitch, for Universal with Imagine producing, and recently wrapped work on “Underworld V.”

Bay is on board to produce “Cosmic Motors.” He directed “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” the only 2014 movie to gross over $1 billion worldwide, and produced “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and “The Purge: Anarchy.”

Ward is repped by WME and managed by Management 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

So the project is very much alive then. Great news. Really looking forward to it.

Kyle Ward actually worked for Bay a few years back (did some writing on a movie that was never made) so I'm not surprised he got the gig. Good guy and I'm happy for him.

Default "Cosmic Motors”

theguardian Friday 15 August 2014:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Child
    Simon's tome has no traditional story, but instead features concept art, designs and digital renders of nine cosmic vehicles, including spaceships, race cars and motorcycles, from the fictional Galaxion galaxy. The German-born artist, a former senior designer at Bugatti and Volkswagen, is well known in Hollywood for his work designing fantasy vehicles such as the updated lightcycles in Tron: Legacy, and Hydra's tanks, cars, airships, and submarines in Captain America: The First Avenger.

Blurb about Cosmic Motors on Simon's website reads: "Cosmic Motors is a fantasy manufacturer of vehicles of all kinds, located in the center of the Galaxion galaxy. CoMo, as it is affectionately referred to by its outer space fans, was founded in the Galaxion year 8966-B… Besides their groundbreaking developments in transportation, CoMo gained fame by turning retired war machinery of other makers into the finest sports competition vehicles. The transformation of these retired war machines into racers accentuates the now peaceful state in the galaxy, even if there are still remote planets with ongoing conflicts. … Today, Cosmic Motors produces some of the finest vehicles in the Galaxion galaxy, successfully blending cutting-edge technology with battle-proven crude mechanics, packaged in a sophisticated design aesthetic."

Bay, who would also produce the film through his Bay Films company, is reportedly working to secure an original story for the project. Cosmic Motors, apparently being pitched as a space western, will reportedly be set up at Warner Bros rather than Bay's regular studio partner Paramount.
    This could be a great franchise.
    It might be the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

Default "Cosmic Motors”

link:
    TheGuardian Friday 15 August 2014:
    Michael Bay is revved up about Cosmic Motors
    The Transformers director's next film could be an adaptation of a picture book about futuristic space vehicles

Who should direct if Bay doesn't?
    The Wachowski's?
    Brad Bird?
    Takashi Yamazaki?

The Wachowski's?
    Brad Bird?
    Takashi Yamazaki?

Good choices, but Bay (as a producer) will probably go for someone not yet established. Like they did with the new "Godzilla" movie.

The Wachowski's?
    Brad Bird?
    Takashi Yamazaki?
    The Wachowski's?

No thanks.

These Tron concept designs still make me dream of an awesome future
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Diaz
    If you watched the movie, you have seen Daniel Simon's amazing work for Tron Legacy on the big screen. I did too, but I don't get tired of seeing his original concept art and admire his flawless work. A sleek vision of an alternative world that still makes me dream of a far-away future.

Could this become part of the Transformers Universe?

Could this become part of the Transformers Universe?

Not a bad idea actually. But personally I would like to see a standalone "Cosmic Motors” movie first. They need to establish the film's universe.

And at this point I think it's pretty obvious that they'll do a "Transformers/G.I. Joe" movie crossover. It makes perfect sense - both are Paramount Pictures franchises, the super popular Dwayne Johnson is part of the "G.I. Joe" universe, and of course he already worked with Bay and Mark Wahlberg on "Pain & Gain".

From a business standpoint it's a very, very good idea to combine on such a huge scale the popularity of Dwayne Johnson ("G.I. Joe") and Wahlberg ("Transformers"). These two guys on the screen, along with robots and G.I. Joes - now that would be a monster, monster hit.

Guaranteed.

Collider:
    Don’t Expect Michael Bay to Direct a Marvel Sequel
    The 'Transformers' helmer wants to create the worlds he directs.