Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

Default Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

Now that Transformers AOE has passed 1 Billion, I wonder When will Michael officially confirm if he's directing 5 or not?

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

"...he's ready to pass the baton to a new director"

- http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Micha...s-5-66705.html

I agree with that though:

"Bay's style is VERY specific, as is the universe he's established for these characters. Is the next director of Transformers 5 going to bring an entirely new vision to the film, or will they look to find someone that can replicate what Bay does? Because if it's the latter, well, no one can really replicate what Bay does particularly with his insanely busy shooting schedules and penchant for coming in under budget. Bay's the wealthiest director in Hollywood for a reason beyond "his movies make money." At this point, it might be difficult to find someone else willing to jump onto this carousel..."
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

The next director is just gonna do whatever he can to fellate the haters, and to be the "good guy" who "saves the franchise".

-redesign the robots to make em' look as G1 as possible
    -get rid of as many humans as possible
    -find a way to make Megatron transform into a handgun
    -remove all the jokes

I can already see it coming.

I can't think of anyone that could replace him. I hope he chooses the succesor well and doesn't change too much, in designs, style and especially the music.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    The next director is just gonna do whatever he can to fellate the haters, and to be the "good guy" who "saves the franchise".

-redesign the robots to make em' look as G1 as possible
    -get rid of as many humans as possible
    -find a way to make Megatron transform into a handgun
    -remove all the jokes

I can already see it coming.
    This seems like the initial train of thought someone might have when it comes to a new director for Transformers, but, if you really look at it, this is highly unlikely to happen. The main reason is that outside of certain internet circles and online critics, the Transformers movies are actually very well beloved movies. In the eyes of the public that generates most of the money, the Transformers movies dont need "saving", and I totally agree with that, they are great movies as they are. As such, in the eyes of the producers, they also dont need saving. So any director that attempts to do something like that will probably get his hands cut off and thrown off a cliff by the producers of the movie before he can even finish his pitch.

It is more likely that they will try to stay within Bays established setting and style, but make it all abit more streamlined - less jokes and a direction that is less expressionistic. As such, they will end up with a "saver" and less unique version of the Transformers movies we have now, while still trying to maintain the "weight" of these movies as best they can. Because what OP says is true: Bay is an auteur and they cant replicate his style even if they tried.

However, I think there is a more interesting question when it comes to a change of director. If Bay does infact step down, which I think is very much possible by now, I think the more interesting question is not who will be the new director, because there are alot of directors out there that can do what I described above, but if they get a new writer. Because lets face it, noone can work with scripts like that and make them work on screen exept Bay. In my opinion, if they get a new director, but dont get a new writer, this will end in disaster.

With that said, however, Im definately open to the idea of a new director taking a different approach with the Transformers movies. Age of Extinction was already very fresh and very very different from the first 3 Transformers movies, and a new director could change things up even more.

(Also, nobody wants Megatron to transform into a handgun, not even G1 guys. He is usually associated with an alien jet or tank now)

Bay isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    Bay isn't going anywhere.
    HERE'S MY ISSUE.. If Michael left after DOTM , I am ok with that he rounded out finished a story, but to leave after starting a new story is just a kick in the face, why even do the series if your not going to complete it. I know many people will bring up other movies with multiple directors but if your honest most of them sucked. Just look at the issues with Alien, Terminator and most probably Star Wars since AJ isn't doing 8 or 9. I've said it before I'll say it again, I'm ok Michael taking a year or two in between to do sequels to do other stuff, but he has to finish 5 and 6 of Transformers.
    Last edited by shadowinvid; 08-12-2014 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

I have no problem someone else directing... I think the domestic numbers speak for themselves that people are over plot holes and dry humor.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    I have no problem someone else directing... I think the domestic numbers speak for themselves that people are over plot holes and dry humor.
    Yeah but movies are not made just for domestic markets., thankfully.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    I think the domestic numbers speak for themselves that people are over plot holes and dry humor.

Let's see...

"Star Trek Into Darkness" made less than the first one, domestically. And that was a first sequel. "The Dark Knight Rises" made less than "The Dark Knight", "Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" made less than "An Unexpected Journey", "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" made less than the previous three movies. And the list goes on and on.

So you're not proving anything but pointing out the "Transformers 4" numbers. Every single film franchise eventually suffers from a box office decline. It's inevitable.

And it has nothing to do with complaints about "plot holes and dry humor".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Well, apparently, he's not coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by hautbasclair View Post
    Well, apparently, he's not coming back...
    Its still all speculation, its the same statement we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    Its still all speculation, its the same statement we had before.
    Hence the apparently... I was just offering a new source.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post
    HERE'S MY ISSUE.. If Michael left after DOTM , I am ok with that he rounded out finished a story, but to leave after starting a new story is just a kick in the face
    Oddly enough, Age of Extinction sort of is a "Rebirth" movie... so if Bay decided to quit, the next director would still have full access to pretty much any decepticon/autobot using the human technology to "re-image" old characters... at least that's what I was thinking about it.

Thumbs down Re: Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post
    HERE'S MY ISSUE.. If Michael left after DOTM , I am ok with that he rounded out finished a story, but to leave after starting a new story is just a kick in the face, why even do the series if your not going to complete it. I know many people will bring up other movies with multiple directors but if your honest most of them sucked. Just look at the issues with Alien, Terminator and most probably Star Wars since AJ isn't doing 8 or 9. I've said it before I'll say it again, I'm ok Michael taking a year or two in between to do sequels to do other stuff, but he has to finish 5 and 6 of Transformers.
    Exactly.
    If Bay plans to leave I would appreciate it if he finishes TF5 at least. AOE is a great improvement since 2007.
    I expect more emphasis on the Dinobots in the next film, some space scenes and more on the creators. (The creators sounds interesting) So much mystery was brought forth in AOE, so Michael.. please one more.

It's not logical for Michael to leave TF. The only way he leaves is if he wants to leave.

From the success to the fan response and everything, there is no way he will leave unless he is just done and tired of it.

He has to enjoy making these films as stressful and hard as they are, they must certainly be amazingly rewarding due to their technical complexity let a lone the profit.

These films are true achievements, in which very few or any could carry. I place my money on him staying.

All directors get tried want a break want to get away from stuff after finishing a film. That is completely normal, there is no way to expect him to say sure lets go right now. He needs to turn off and let it go as much as he can and just figure out what he really wants to do. Maybe we will see another 3 year delay...I'd take that over seeing Michael leave.

According to this source, him and Walhberg aren't returning.

http://airherald.com/transformers-5-...t-return/7919/

I'm ready for a new director. In fact, I would have been perfectly fine if someone else directed TF4. I want to see how the series continues through a different director's vision. It could end up worse, better, or the same...it doesn't matter. Just want to see somebody else take a stab at it.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Its too early to tell really.

It's not a question of whether or not he's said he will be back or not. He MAY have said he will not return (as some online articles suggest), BUT we've seen time and time again that Directors have said such things only to change their mind later on once given the right offer to return, or for whatever reason.

So like I say, some articles may say this or that. But we will only know for sure later on. But not now. Now is just too early to tell.

This is a question of TIME, not a question of whether or not he's already said he will be back or not for TF5 (because like I said he MAY have said one thing, but that can still change later on as people can change their decisions).

Cool Re: Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Orange View Post
    It's not logical for Michael to leave TF. The only way he leaves is if he wants to leave.

From the success to the fan response and everything, there is no way he will leave unless he is just done and tired of it.

He has to enjoy making these films as stressful and hard as they are, they must certainly be amazingly rewarding due to their technical complexity let a lone the profit.

These films are true achievements, in which very few or any could carry. I place my money on him staying.

All directors get tried want a break want to get away from stuff after finishing a film. That is completely normal, there is no way to expect him to say sure lets go right now. He needs to turn off and let it go as much as he can and just figure out what he really wants to do. Maybe we will see another 3 year delay...I'd take that over seeing Michael leave.
    Yeah man I here ya, as long as Paramount enjoys Bays results... he'll be back for one more movie I'd say.

Unlike Neill Blomkamp and his fascinating District 9 film (which I'm eagerly await a sequel for it's sequel)Michael continues hard at work one film after the next. If there's one thing I'll give him recognition for is his hard work/sweat.

AOE has proven that the magic hasn't gone anywhere.

Transformers 1 was filled with great moments and after ROTF some people thought the franchise would fail. The opening scene for DOTM brought the magic back in my opinion for Transformers, and it hit a home run with the introduction of Lockdown, the idea behind the Creators, the knight theme and the designs for the Dinobots.

So much can be done for the following film with Bay as director of course, but the most difficult part like always is budget man.
    I want the Knights mystery that Ehren Kruger started revisited and how it connects the Primes to Dinobots, if that's a possibility.

I don't blame Bay growing tired after 10 years devoted in these films so if he's really done we'll be informed soon.
    Sadly I will miss Bays fast shooting style and menacing camera angles for Decepticons.

Default Re: Evangelion

Nelson, Michael Bay is gonna be Tf5 executive producer right..I hope we can get Combaticons and Aerial bots in it...and maybe we will have Ultra Magnus as new leader in Autobots side and Liege Maximo as new leader in Decepticons side..We also want to see ramjet as decepticons second commander, blitzwing as destroyer..and the most important is hard to defeat and all of them have their powerful and unique weapon such as laser canon, sonic wave,invisible protecting shield etc..and we don't want any unnecessary decepticons aircraft and generic robots ok..please tell Michael Bay to change his mind..cause that's not work..audience will boring to see those unuseful generic decepticons again.

Well, I prefer Michael Bay just to be one of the executive producer then is enough..cause Bay just out of action idea..I meant he can't make the quality of the action like Tf1 already..he run out of ink...and he always use Ehren Kruger script whicj I think he is the worst writer to pen Tf movies..he ruin everything..his concept totally wrong..we don't need any generic protoform robot soldiers iand decepticons air craft or spaceship in this..all we really want is the real decepticons that have names and capabilites to fight with autobots..they just won't die so fast...you know what, people not enjoy watching when see them so easily killed by autobots...please makes every deceoticons bad ass..we need around 8 to 10 decepticons then enough..no need other unnecessary craft or protoform robots..1st of all don't use Ehren Kruger script again..find someobe talented to direct like Guilermo Deltoro and Neil Blomkamp..because they know action with weapon system use..Although I hope James Cameron or Peter Jackson can direct tjis but I know they got fully schedule already...Jonathan Liebesman and Louis Letterier also can take over Michael Bay..

Sir Michael Bay, you actually can find Neil Blomkamp to take over the franchise...he is your friend right..and he quite got interest in robots stuff...and we all know he can do very well in robots action...maybe we can ask for Shinji Aramaki from Japan to work together with him in action style and robots design..cause he is great on this kind of stuff.. I believe we can see an awesome and all new fresh feel to transformers 5. ..and most important is find a great writer (don't Ehren Kruger again, he knows nothing, just will ruin the movie)

Eventually he will confirm 1 of 2 things:

1) yes, he is directing Transformers 5

or

2) the other movie he is directing that is not Transformers related in any way whatsoever
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Thumbs up Re: Will Michael confirm he's directing 5?

Well AOE is on iTunes and Bluray / DVD in most parts of the world now and out of cinemas, time for an announcement. I'd gladly wait 3 years if MB does it.