Thread: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

Going to see it this weekend.

Angry Re: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

No official release date here in India!!!! .......

they are delaying..... thats sick!!

Default Re: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by saprem.kini View Post
    No official release date here in India!!!! .......

they are delaying..... thats sick!!
    The Local theater is only now showing Hercules. I won't be seeing it any time soon either.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

The first movie my Dad ever took me to see was the first Turtles movie. I was 9 years old. If I wasn't playing with Transformers, I was playing with Ninja Turtles. Needless to say I was interested to see how this movie turned out. Overall I enjoyed it, but I'm hoping the sequel brings in more characters from the cartoon, with less emphasis on April.

Liked:
    -The Turtles. The most important thing to me over everything else was that they got each turtle's character right, and I believe they succeeded here. The acted exactly how you'd expect them to act. Mikey and Raf were especially great.
    -The action was great. The avalanche scene was incredible.
    -Shredder's armor

Disliked:
    -The drastically changed backstory (I don't even think the Transformers backstory wasn't altered this much).
    -Damn near everything revolved around April.
    -Why Shredder actually needed that insane armor was never really explained.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post

Liked:
    -The Turtles. The most important thing to me over everything else was that they got each turtle's character right, and I believe they succeeded here. The acted exactly how you'd expect them to act. Mikey and Raf were especially great.
    -The action was great. The avalanche scene was incredible.
    -Shredder's armor
    Totally agree. Loved it, which was a huge surprise. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I am glad I saw it. The 80s cartoon is a distant memory, so the changed backstory does not bother me.

Shredders armor did give me pause at first, but then it was like...whatever, why not. lol

Overall, a great fun action packed movie.

Didn't see this movie as yet. I don't care about the reviews because they are subjective. And you can't go watch it ready to compare it to the 1980 version-which suck dry monkey balls....80's babies shouldn't be complaining because this new movie is for the kids of today...my parents probably though the 80's version was crap while little me thought it was the shit...now my 8 yr old nephew thinks this movie rocks..
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~