Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post

PS. Overall visual style-wise, the movie resembles Bay's style a lot. I like to see more original & inventive look.
    I noticed that too. The first time you see Raphael, the camera starts at his foot and moves up along to his back. To me it reminded me of the first time you See Optimus Prime Transform.

Something else I'd like to mention. Some complained that April named the turtles, but I don't think she did. They were a part of project renaissance, so I assumed it was either her father or the mad scientist who named them. I've been reading online that the Character of Baxter Stockman was in the movie as well, I didn't notice.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

^April riding the bike (that first bike ride scene) resembles the shot of Michaela riding the scooter chasing Sam in TF1.

Exclamation Re: Official TMNT Discussion thread [SPOILERS]

i didnt like the story of splinter..

story of hamato yoshi and oroku saki was better.

and the girl who leads foot fighters is daughter of hamato yoshi.. something like that

a rat learns how to fight and become a master ) hahahahaa (maybe in parody movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi9svIvSo58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXGQq46hLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiO1pR1Zuw

---

except this, i like the movie. its good to see powerful mutants

I just catched the film, entertaining, but I feel that it isn't more than a sunday film to pass the time. I like their interaction and all, but I felt them lacking with other humans. The villains, well, too generic, but they served their purpose. Loved the mountain sequence though. The score by Tyler was quite fitting too.

I'd watch a sequel if it was longer, more serious, and the CGI belnds better and looks better. It's performance capture, that should help, but they still looked fake at times, unike TF which doesn't use captures. Hoping it does get better.

After seeing the movie again on DVD I'm still scratching my head on a few things. The First scene has the camera shaking like crazy as Fox is trying to talk to this witness, but the next scene Vern is at the van. So what was the point of the shaky camera? Here's another thing I don't get. Fox get's fired because she has no evidence of the Turtles's existance, correct? Okay, but in the scene with Eric Sacks she shows him the picture she too earlier. Why didn't she show her Boss that picture? She took it before her presentation in her Boss's office.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

And how the hell did they go though that manhole to the sewer when non of them are small enough to fit?

I watched it yesterday for the first time:
    all in all, another "Michael Bay-esc" movie: shallow script, shallow human acting but great visual candy. great job ILM! No hamato yoshi kinda sucked. weird how splinter learned ninjitsu from a book and how he needed the mutagen to survive when he already has some in him.

The humor was spot on with what i liked about the turtles. i guess i've just outgrown MBay. id like to see another take on the Transformers and Turtles, something like (dont kill me for it) the dark knight.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    all in all, another "Michael Bay-esc" movie: shallow script, shallow human acting...
    I think "The Rock", "Pain & Gain" and "The Island" would disagree with that statement. Sometimes people forget that Bay had a career before "Transformers". And...that he's not a screenwriter.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    i guess i've just outgrown MBay. id like to see another take on the Transformers and Turtles, something like (dont kill me for it) the dark knight.
    As James Gunn said, not every big movie nowadays needs to be dark and gritty. Not to mention that teenagers and kids, not adults, are the main target audience for "Transformers" and "Ninja Turtles". Especially "Ninja Turtles".

But even with that in mind Bay made "Transformers" as realistic and grounded as possible. I just rewatched "Transformers 3" and there are some pretty dark moments in that movie. Same goes for the fourth one. So it's a mistake for people to accuse Bay of not trying to go darker.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a different take on "Transformers", but I'm not in any way underestimating Bay's work so far. Whether you like his approach or not, you can't deny the fact that because of his movies "Transformers" is now one of the most popular brands in the world. People still watch these movies and there's a reason why "Transformers 4" stands as the biggest film of 2014 (box office-wise).
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I think "The Rock", "Pain & Gain" and "The Island" would disagree with that statement. Sometimes people forget that Bay had a career before "Transformers". And...that he's not a screenwriter.

As James Gunn said, not every big movie nowadays needs to be dark and gritty. Not to mention that teenagers and kids, not adults, are the main target audience for "Transformers" and "Ninja Turtles". Especially "Ninja Turtles".

But even with that in mind Bay made "Transformers" as realistic and grounded as possible. I just rewatched "Transformers 3" and there are some pretty dark moments in that movie. Same goes for the fourth one. So it's a mistake for people to accuse Bay of not trying to go darker.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a different take on "Transformers", but I'm not in any way underestimating Bay's work so far. Whether you like his approach or not, you can't deny the fact that because of his movies "Transformers" is now one of the most popular brands in the world. People still watch these movies and there's a reason why "Transformers 4" stands as the biggest film of 2014 (box office-wise).
    I agree with you and am in no way undermining. its the way he makes movies. either you like it or not. what im saying is that i'd like a transformers movie to be diferent from what we've seen. i enjoyed the other movies. mostly the first one. the thing is, after a couple of viewings, i get the feeling the story is built around the shorts, and not the other way around. the movie looks like a series of awesome shots with "fill-in" story between them to try to glue them together. and i do recognise the evolution made on the character of the robots in the 4th one. the thing is, i am still waiting for an intelligently written script for this franchise. A movie that is as solid script wise as it is spectacular visually!

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Franchise

'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles': Untold Story of the Movie "Every Studio in Hollywood" Rejected
    The film, released 25 years ago this week, survived 70-pound costumes, a major studio pulling out at the last moment and rejection at every turn, with most of the industry asking its producers, "Are you guys out of your minds?"

Wanna be part of the next Ninja Turtle movies?
    http://www.omaze.com/pt/experiences/turtles

Just saw that and decided to share here
    Although no one can go back and make a new beggining, anyone can start again and make a new end.
    http://www.songoftheyear.com/results/tiffanynoest.html

Steve Jablonsky never ceases to amaze me!

Hell Shell(30 seconds sample) from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GAKMKTW...iglink22398-20